By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to stop hyping the NX, it will lead to disappointment.

I am a ...

Nintendo fan and will buy, no matter what. 148 49.66%

Nintendo fan and won't buy, I'm done. 41 13.76%

Nintendo fan, will only b... 28 9.40%

Outsider, Will buy no matter what. 19 6.38%

Outsider, will only buy i... 49 16.44%

Outsider, will only buy i... 13 4.36%

Total:298

I think I might be ending up buying NX in the long run, no matter how it will turn out, because I love Nintendo and their first party games offer something that I can't have on any other platform. However, I have definetly lost my trust in Nintendo that the games that I am waiting for will be released sooner or later.

I don't regret getting the WiiU because I had a lot of fun with the likes of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon, but I was really disappointed that out of the many games that I was still hoping for - like a new F-Zero, a new Mario Strikers or a proper Pokémon game - not a single one came out in the end. Instead we got a lot of fillers that nobody asked for.

I will definetly not get NX before I am sure that Nintendo are heading in the right direction, and not making so many bad decisions again.

Around the Network

buzz, hype, excitement... is good forum fun. I don't mind it.

My concerns only rise when forum posters start to imply that their product preferences performance disturbs their mental and/or physical state. That's when I become genuinely concerned with their health and stability.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

As a PS4 owner with a decent PC, I think that a great Nintendo console could be all I need to cover all my gaming needs. PS4 for exclusives and multiplats. PC for PC and Xbox One games, and NX for Nintendo games.

You are right, in fact we shouldn't be hyping up a Nintendo console in the first place. What the fuck is wrong with us? It's probably going to be a Gamecube 3.0 (Wii U was Gamecube 2.0).

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

why not let people do what they want?

Around the Network

This part of the year it is mostly quite slow - a lot of religious, political and nonsense threads usually come up on the Hot Topics list. NX-threads are way better than those!
Of course "everyone" will be disappointed! But that will only give us a new/old kind of thread again after the reveal: Nintendo is DOOOOMED!

Way ahead of you... I'm already disappointed by the NX.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Anfebious said:
You are right, in fact we shouldn't be hyping up a Nintendo console in the first place. What the fuck is wrong with us? It's probably going to be a Gamecube 3.0 (Wii U was Gamecube 2.0).

Hopefully it's not purple. 

John2290 said:
JWeinCom said:

Well someone is awfully sensitive.  

I rarley take offence to anything at all, esspecially on the net, but of the few things I do find offensive is passive agressive posts designed to get past the rules, it shows a lack of integrity from you and is disguised bait for an argument which could very well get me banned. 

Oh.  Well I woud hate for people to think I was being passive aggressive.  Please accept my most sincerest apologies if you thought I was besmirching this marvelous thread.   As I'm sure you've noticed, there are surely stringent rules against snarkiness and sarcasm around here, so I pray I have not violated any rules by responding to your post with sarcasm.

thats some mental technique, if you expect the worst you cant be disappointed, but at the same time there are some reliable info that tell that is not going to be that bad, but the truth is that we dont know anything official yet so it could end up beign anything either good or bad

i just want to believe it will be more good than bad...