By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to stop hyping the NX, it will lead to disappointment.

I am a ...

Nintendo fan and will buy, no matter what. 148 49.66%

Nintendo fan and won't buy, I'm done. 41 13.76%

Nintendo fan, will only b... 28 9.40%

Outsider, Will buy no matter what. 19 6.38%

Outsider, will only buy i... 49 16.44%

Outsider, will only buy i... 13 4.36%

Total:298

If the console is powerful enough to run graphics similar to the PS4's Ratchet and Clank at 60 fps, I will be immensely satisfied.

Also, a capacitive touch screen. It's 2016, Nintendo. It's almost ten years since capacitive touch screens became standard.

Around the Network

IMO the console is going to fail just like the Wii U did, sadly there's not enough people for a hardcore Nintendo console and casuals are fine with their ipads.

I however don't give a crap about that as long as it has great games like the Wii U.

I'm going to be disappointed and pissed off if they don't release a real Metroid and Animal Crossing for it though.

Valdath said:
IMO the console is going to fail just like the Wii U did, sadly there's not enough people for a hardcore Nintendo console and casuals are fine with their ipads.

I however don't give a crap about that as long as it has great games like the Wii U.

I'm going to be disappointed and pissed off if they don't release a real Metroid and Animal Crossing for it though.

Only way this console can fail like Wii U is again to do all totally wrong, that means again: terrible unvile, terrible and misunderstood marketing, bad name of console, huge HD development problems, value of console and high price compared to competition, weak hardware, gamepad that nobody cared about, weak launch and 1st year games, software drought...all that lead to terrible sales that lead to 3rd party totally abandoned Wii U in first year...IMO Nintendo cant make such bloody mess again even if they want it. People don't realise that Wii U is such a fail because Nintendo made so many mistakes with it.

And you can bet that after such a huge faile and worst selling Nintendo console ever, Nintendo will work hard to not repeat those mistakes and to have much more successful console. Basically now is totally opposite situation compared when they prepare and launch Wii U, back then after huge Wii success and their best selling console they were too relaxed and they thought Wii U will again sell great and by itself with Wii name on it, but after very painful reality they entered in some kind of panic mode and they know they need to work very hard and to have much better product if they want to have much successful console.

I won't be disappointed as long as it gets great Nintendo games, which is a given.

JEMC said:

It's the same with E3. Year after year people get hyped with it, and year after year a lot of people get disappointed.

That said, and given that we don't even know what exactly is NX, it's impossible to know if it will be a success or a failure.

In all fairness, last Sony E3 was insane. I mean FFVIIR, Shenmue 3, and the Last Guardian? It changed everything.

Around the Network

Unless Ninty can come up with something that is both innovative and interesting to the masses, it most certainly will fail.

What people don't understand is that Ninty Ips are great for hardcore NInty fans, but most gamers have no interest in them. The time of cute mascots being the most talked about genre are long gone. People can enjoy Splatoon, but it still doesn't push hardware sales enough. It's the era of realistic games and that's not going to change any time soon.

The thing is a lot of people are in denial. They blame marketing, the name of a console, a bad launch and all sorts of insignificant things when xb1 showed that that's not enough for a console to sell well.

I'm sure there will be good 3rd party support at first, then nx owners will mostly buy 1st party games and then 3rd parties will abandon NX only for Ninty fans to criticize them and call them names, ignoring the facts and coming up with all sorts of excuses (there was x problem with the port, it was too expensive, it came out too late, etc).

naruball said:

The thing is a lot of people are in denial. They blame marketing, the name of a console, a bad launch and all sorts of insignificant things when xb1 showed that that's not enough for a console to sell well.

When retailers literally have to put up signs explaining that Wii & Wii U are different devices with different games than it is undeniable that the marketing/name/design of the console were flawed. Consumers not knowing what your product is isnt an insignificant thing.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

naruball said:
JEMC said:

It's the same with E3. Year after year people get hyped with it, and year after year a lot of people get disappointed.

That said, and given that we don't even know what exactly is NX, it's impossible to know if it will be a success or a failure.

In all fairness, last Sony E3 was insane. I mean FFVIIR, Shenmue 3, and the Last Guardian? It changed everything.

what exactly did it change?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

naruball said:
JEMC said:

Sony's last E3 was very good, but those types of conferences happen once in a blue moon.

And E3 as a whole wasn't very special.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

zorg1000 said:
naruball said:

what exactly did it change?

People's expectations from an E3. It showed that nothing is impossible. Just when everyone thought there was no way Shenmue 3 will ever be made or that the Last Guardian would ever be released, or that SE would ever have enough money to make FFVIIR, all of them were announced together. So, it gives hope to gamers that even their wildist gaming fantasy can become a reality.