By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your go to difficulty level?

I prefer it.

Very Easy. 6 4.20%

Easy. 4 2.80%

Normal. 81 56.64%

Hard. 32 22.38%

Extreme. 2 1.40%

The hardest it can be. 11 7.69%

^ That's what she said ^ 7 4.90%

Total:143

It really depends on what type of game it is, how many difficulties it has and more importantly, my experience with the genre in general, but I usually go to hard or higher

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I usually go on Normal for story experiences, then go on hardest if the game warrents a second playthrough. I don't want excessive difficulty taking me out of the experience.

Example I played Witcher 2 on Nightmare first go, beat it but it was frustrating trying to learn mechanics out of the gate like that.

Alternatively, if a game is designed around hard gameplay, I have no problem doing it. Love Souls and Bloodborne for example. I capped my character at 130 and managed to make it through NG+6 on Bloodborne for example. When people tried to join me, I would invite them to voice chat and they would be like WTF when I told them lol. Then I would just laugh at people who wouldn't accept the invite, because they would always charge the boss and get one shoted. XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

A narrative based game I want to play on normal I rarely die and it all flows like a movie, I then play it. Ask on the hardest difficulty.

But other games like God of war I'll play on hard from the get go

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Always normal, if its there.
I refuse to play on easy.
If the game is too easy I might restart and pick hard, or do it on a replay lateron.

normal except if its a really hard arcade based game

Around the Network

I always go for the easiest setting. Games should be fun, not frustrating, and I enjoy being overpowered. I kinda wish cheat devices were still a thing...

It depends on what game it is. I'd usually go on hard, but if it's a narrative based game, I would play on normal.

Depends what the trophys are. unless its a special difficulty and is too hard like realistic mode in Black Ops 3 for example.

Normal, I figure its the way the devs intended for the game to be played. Then if I'm trophy hunting I'll play again on hard.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

If a game is reportedly easy, I always go for the hardest, also if a game has trophies/achievement that needs you to beat it at certain difficulties then I go for the hardest too, otherwise I just choose normal.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid