Graphics are:

Amazing! 74 14.98%

Nice, just a bit outdated 221 44.74%

Pretty bad 86 17.41%

Terrible 67 13.56%

Do a barrel roll 46 9.31%

Total:494
Dr.Vita said:
Let's be honest Star Fox Zero looks terrible for a 2016 game...
It could be a 2005-2006 game imo but nowhere near to be called a true 8th gen game.

Just compare it with Ratchet & Clank on PS4, Sony and Insomniac Games put so much love in that game. But Star Fox Zero looks like it isn't even finished by Nintendo, probably because Nintendo wanted to release the game as soon as possible for the Wii U.

We can say the same with almost every game released on a vast superior hardware... Don't forget that there's a generational jump tech-wise between the WiiU and the PS4. 

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
JRPGfan said:

No it doesnt.

Look at how pretty some Wii U games are.

I refuse to believe it gets anywhere near technical limits, unless they coded it really poorly, spent no time optimising it, or just had insanely bad and miss managed resource usage. Which I guess you could argue because of the gamepad gimmic aim part.

Still can you think of a wii u game that looks worse than Starfox Zero? I cant right now.

No other Wii U game recreates two different points of view both at 60fps. Comparing it to Mario Kart, Bayonetta or others is just not fair.

Tank!Tank!Tank!

Wonderful 101.

Boberkun said:
Vodacixi said:

No other Wii U game recreates two different points of view both at 60fps. Comparing it to Mario Kart, Bayonetta or others is just not fair.

Tank!Tank!Tank!

Wonderful 101.

The only time I remember something similar happening on W101 is when you enter a building and the action takes place on the gamepad while the TV screen remains pretty much static, which is not even close to what Star Fox does, first because in one of the screens there is no action at all and in the one where the action takes place (normally the gamepad) the framerate drops drammatically to 30 or even less. Also, those are very few specific moments, while Star Fox Zero does it for the entire playthrough.

So no, they cannot be compared.

Vodacixi said:
Boberkun said:

Wonderful 101.

The only time I remember something similar happening on W101 is when you enter a building and the action takes place on the gamepad while the TV screen remains pretty much static, which is not even close to what Star Fox does, first because in one of the screens there is no action at all and in the one where the action takes place (normally the gamepad) the framerate drops drammatically to 30 or even less. Also, those are very few specific moments, while Star Fox Zero does it for the entire playthrough.

Yes, they can:

From 2:10 and so on. Literally Star Fox Zero situation: third person view + cockpit mode. Framerate isn't perfect (neither in SF0), but picture looks way better.

curl-6 said:
JRPGfan said:

Still can you think of a wii u game that looks worse than Starfox Zero? I cant right now.

Cmon, curl, let me not start DT flame war again.

At first: these "lets players" are jerks.

Secondly: car's texture wasn't load properly, UE3 such a shit engine (on any platform).

Devil's Thirdly: Jane Doe's tits contains more polygons than whole Corneria level.

Around the Network

About framerate:
Rock solid 30fps with correct frametimes can look smoother than 60fps sometimes with bad frametimes. And as it looks Star Fox is a most of the time

Boberkun said:
Vodacixi said:

Yes, they can:

From 2:10 and so on. Literally Star Fox Zero situation: third person view + cockpit mode. Framerate isn't perfect (neither in SF0), but picture looks way better.

"Way better" is a bit exageratted considering that The Wonderful 101 is not exactly a great game graphic wise either. That being said, it is what I already stated: one of the views hardly shows or generates anything at all. It's a small and closed area where almost nothing happens besides the character moving a bit or something ocasionally falling from the sky. Its almost static. And even then, one of the views drops from 60 to 30fps and at the same time the one that is still at 60 drops to 40 or less sometimes. Meanwhile, Star Fox Zero manages to show two points of view in an open area and in both of them a lot of shit is going on. Also, this feature is constant during all the gameplay, while in TW101 is limited to some specific ocasions.

Is not comparable.

Boberkun said:

Nice pic, thanks for sharing.

I agree... I think the Ratched & Clank has a nice graphic but does not match what star fox proposes... In addition, people are very confused about what is art style and graphical capabilities. I truly believe that if SF0 was released on PS4 we would have minor differences, but only at a technical pov. (like resolution and some textures) >

And, I like Star Fox graphics, they're well polished most port of time.There's no comparison to any NGC game or even a PS3, this is stupidity.

ThisanmU said:

And, I like Star Fox graphics, they're well polished most port of time.There's no comparison to any NGC game or even a PS3, this is stupidity.

I think they can be compared to Project Sylpheed, a 2006 Xbox 360 game: