Graphics are:

Amazing! 74 14.98%

Nice, just a bit outdated 221 44.74%

Pretty bad 86 17.41%

Terrible 67 13.56%

Do a barrel roll 46 9.31%

Total:494

Vodacixi said:

The Wonderful 101 is not exactly a great game graphic wise either.

Objectively better than Star Fox. On both screens you can see tons of models, particles, shaders, etc.

Vodacixi said:

It's a small and closed area where almost nothing happens besides the character moving a bit or something ocasionally falling from the sky

What's the difference with Corneria where literally one big flat green texture, ten enemies, two buildings and lonely tree on screen?

Vodacixi said:

Also, this feature is constant during all the gameplay, while in TW101 is limited to some specific ocasions.

Not a argument. You want the game which can manage "two-screens in 60 fps" and you got it.

Around the Network

What I got from this is that to defend the lazyness on SF0 we come again to the "gameplay is first, gameplay is the only thing, graphics come at least" argument.

But then we have praise and threads dedicated to the great graphics of some certain Wii U games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wright said:
ThisanmU said:

And, I like Star Fox graphics, they're well polished most port of time.There's no comparison to any NGC game or even a PS3, this is stupidity.

I think they can be compared to Project Sylpheed, a 2006 Xbox 360 game:

Wow... Now this game looks much better then Starfox and it's 10 years old, hahahahahaha.

The NINTENDO Quality people expect is quickly disappearing.

Moderated - VXIII

Wright said:
ThisanmU said:

And, I like Star Fox graphics, they're well polished most port of time.There's no comparison to any NGC game or even a PS3, this is stupidity.

I think they can be compared to Project Sylpheed, a 2006 Xbox 360 game:

Well, I think this is how Star Fox Assault would look like if it was remastered. But it's not comparable yet. Star Fox Zero looks better and has another visual appeal, theses screenshots give me the idea of an empty game, as if it could be running on any mobile device. Again, I think Star Fox graphics stylized, without comparison possibilities...

Low resolution textures, bad geometry, opache water, scenes lacking shaders and lighting, static clouds, 720p, no AA, flat ground, no ground decoration, low polygon mountains.

This isn't stylistic choices this is bad graphics stop kidding yourself xD.

The desert levels in Starfox zero look good, what little I've seen of the snow levels look good, corneria and the weird dark underground sludge factory look horrendous.

But no you're right this is STYLISTIC!

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
What I got from this is that to defend the lazyness on SF0 we come again to the "gameplay is first, gameplay is the only thing, graphics come at least" argument.

But then we have praise and threads dedicated to the great graphics of some certain Wii U games.

I don't think that's the case. When the graphics are outstanding, it's normal to talk and make threads about it. It's also normal to have an argument about the opposite (we're having that argument right now :P). It's part of the gaming world. But in both cases, gameplay comes first. It's the core of any game imo. There's some examples about graphic masterpieces that don't stand as games, and there are a lot of examples of the opposite, this is always the case with games. Why do I use this "gameplay is first" argument in this particular discusion? Because when games don't look that good, people is fast to dismiss the game, forgetting that the game could still be good if the gameplay is solid and fun. This doesn't need to be stated in a game which looks brilliant, because everybody would be pleased for a start, so it's pointless. Though you could use the same sentence in a game which looks brilliant to remind people that a game is more than meets the eye, which, sometimes, needs to be stated. 

We know that, graphics don't make a good game. So I only ask for patience, try the game and see if the gameplay is really solid and fun. If it fails in both aspects, then it's not worth it of course. But until I have the controller in my hands and I properly play the game, I won't give a solid opinion about it. My impressions based on YT videos is that it looks fun, but I'll see about that. 

Barkley said:

Low resolution textures, bad geometry, opache water, scenes lacking shaders and lighting, static clouds, 720p, no AA, flat ground, no ground decoration, low polygon mountains.

The desert levels in Starfox zero look good, what little I've seen of the snow levels look good, corneria and the weird dark underground sludge factory look horrendous.

you're being very dramatic and only focused on small aspects that needed little improvement. generally the game is pretty much finished and offers visuals that can not be compared. After all, we are talking about a video game play, you wanted a mimesis of reality or a cartoon (like R&C)? It is an artistic style that refers to their own identity. The retro-ish N64 art that unfortunately does not seem apparent for all to see. And nintedo advertised us in last ND.

Barkley said:

Agreed. I think it looks like garbage, not in the litteral sense, but it's unimpressive, uninspiring, outdated, and lack of any originality.

ThisanmU said:

Well, I think this is how Star Fox Assault would look like if it was remastered. But it's not comparable yet. Star Fox Zero looks better and has another visual appeal, theses screenshots give me the idea of an empty game, as if it could be running on any mobile device. Again, I think Star Fox graphics stylized, without comparison possibilities...

I don't agree:

-

I honestly find the galaxy more vivid in Project Sylpheed case, as well as better weapon/fire/lights effects as opposed of those in Star Fox Zero. Sure, PS suffers from some terrible cases of blur and low-rex textures, but the later also happens in SF0.

Both games are easily comparable. The only thing SF0 has for it is that it features on-ground / different terrain battles, as opposed as always on space.

I honestly think that Project Sylpheed looks way better than Star Fox

Which is really sad, 'cause you know... the game came out 10 years ago