By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If NX, PS4k, and Xbox 1.5 all come, who wins?

Which sells better?

PS4k 254 63.66%

NX 129 32.33%

Xboxonepointfive 16 4.01%

Total:399
Mike_L said:
spemanig said:
If the NX is what I say it is, NX easily.

And what is that?

Smart console. I've explained it way too many times to reiterate it again here.

Around the Network

Honestly it all really depends on how Nintendo handles the NX.

If the PS4K is real (which I personally think it is), then I can already see that selling just as well as the regular PS4's are, plus the PS4 already has a 40 million install base.

That is why Nintendo needs to have a huge and insanely good launch lineup and to not fuck up the reveal of the system again like they did with the Wii U. They need to make sure the system is powerful enough to gain back 3rd party support and actually KEEP that 3rd party support throughout the generation. Overall they just need to give a real reason as to why to choose the NX over the PS4K or Xbox 1.5.

If all of that happens then I can see the NX being a very big success for Nintendo, they just need to handle it right. If not then I can see the PS4K or Xbox1.5 eating up all of their sales.

FloatingWaffles said:
Honestly it all really depends on how Nintendo handles the NX.

If the PS4K is real (which I personally think it is), then I can already see that selling just as well as the regular PS4's are, plus the PS4 already has a 40 million install base.

That is why Nintendo needs to have a huge and insanely good launch lineup and to not fuck up the reveal of the system again like they did with the Wii U. They need to make sure the system is powerful enough to gain back 3rd party support and actually KEEP that 3rd party support throughout the generation. Overall they just need to give a real reason as to why to choose the NX over the PS4K or Xbox 1.5.

If all of that happens then I can see the NX being a very big success for Nintendo, they just need to handle it right. If not then I can see the PS4K or Xbox1.5 eating up all of their sales.

Or VR. 

PSVR is gobbling up my most of my electronics budget for 2016. I will be able to talk my wife into a PS4k solely for the UHD blu ray player,  only because my gen 1 ps3 is our only other dvd player... and it sounds like a jet engine.

spemanig said:
Mike_L said:

And what is that?

Smart console. I've explained it way too many times to reiterate it again here.

Just in short. Something similar to smartphones?

Ps4k. The momentum is too strong for a new console to overcome. Xbox hopefully will improve and I hope that the NX is also very successful.

Around the Network
Mike_L said:

Just in short. Something similar to smartphones?

Um, yes and no. Something similar in smartphones in how they revolutionized the cellphone.

PS4K

PS4 will have 50 million consoles sold by the holiday. PS4K (which i think is a dumb idea anyway) will just add to that. There is no competition imo. Sony has too much of a sales lead.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Sony just has the momentum. However, if Nintendo plays their cards right (and I mean JUST right, this is a very delicate scenario) and especially if a PS4.5 releases, I could see them getting good sales too. They just need not to fuck up, market the thing like crazy, and having the shared OS thing with the handheld would probably give them more JRPGs for Japan too.

Pionner said:
PS4 will have 50 million consoles sold by the holiday. PS4K (which i think is a dumb idea anyway) will just add to that. There is no competition imo. Sony has too much of a sales lead.

I TRUELY do not get you people that hate on it?

The PS4K/PS4.5 actually motivates me to buy a second PS4. I would move my gen 1 PS4 to the family room. and hook the gen 2 up to my basement 4K tv.

Games will run on both my TVs, I'll just be able to actually hit 4K on my basement tv.