By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If NX, PS4k, and Xbox 1.5 all come, who wins?

Which sells better?

PS4k 254 63.66%

NX 129 32.33%

Xboxonepointfive 16 4.01%

Total:399
AEGRO said:
Microsoft is not getting any love over here in VG.

Almost every poll ive seen lately they end up with a tiny amount of votes, i thought the Nintendo fanbase was smaller over here.

I hope the NX does great and lives to the expectations of everybody.

I also hope that the PS4K and X1.5 just end up as some silly rumors.

To be fair, Microsoft has been doing a lot of things to get closer to that sweet PC market, so them refocusing their effords on consoles seems really implausible. And to win against a PS4K/NX they'd need to focus a lot on consoles, they lost a lot of ground against the PS4.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

PS4.5, standing on the shoulders of the PS4 with its better social OS and commercial notoriety. I think even if it comes out weaker the PS4's popularity and market share gives the PS4.5 a huge headstart.

Darwinianevolution said:
AEGRO said:

Almost every poll ive seen lately they end up with a tiny amount of votes, i thought the Nintendo fanbase was smaller over here.

To be fair, Microsoft has been doing a lot of things to get closer to that sweet PC market, so them refocusing their effords on consoles seems really implausible. And to win against a PS4K/NX they'd need to focus a lot on consoles, they lost a lot of ground against the PS4.

They will focus on both its not hard.  Especially for the giant MS is.  Remember Microsoft can buy Sony company 100 x over and be financially fine still. 

THERES NO WAY IN HELL THEY WILL LOSE THE XBOX LIVE INCOME!!!!  Millions of people giving them 50 bucks a year.  Do the math.

btw i voted nx cuz im a huge nitty fan, but also have a x1 and gaming pc with r9 390 oc'd.  

So yes a pc gamer can also game on consoles.  Its not hard. sometimes i stream from my xbox...but wish I could stream from my pc sometimes depending where i want to play in the house.

NX without a doubt. The PS4K is just a slightly more powerful PS4, not really a leap forward. Many who have a PS4 will pass on it altogether.

The NX however is a new console with its own new experience to offer. This to me seems like a much better selling point if handled correctly.

An X1.5 would be totally irrelevant at this point.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

PS4K alone (if I'm understanding correctly), should not beat NX as a whole. Might not be a fair comparison, which is why I see people in here combining it with PS4 lol the thirst is real....

PS4K should be niche but have decent success. I think the home console version of NX alone can beat PS4K. I think the people who have not made the current gen leap will settle for the regular PS4, while the people who already own PS4 are more "core" so a fraction of those will upgrade to PS4k.

Around the Network

People for some reason have already deemed the NX a success.

At least we already know the PS4 is a sales beast.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

FallingTitan said:
Darwinianevolution said:

They will focus on both its not hard.  Especially for the giant MS is.  Remember Microsoft can buy Sony company 100 x over and be financially fine still. 

THERES NO WAY IN HELL THEY WILL LOSE THE XBOX LIVE INCOME!!!!  Millions of people giving them 50 bucks a year.  Do the math.

btw i voted nx cuz im a huge nitty fan, but also have a x1 and gaming pc with r9 390 oc'd.  

So yes a pc gamer can also game on consoles.  Its not hard. sometimes i stream from my xbox...but wish I could stream from my pc sometimes depending where i want to play in the house.

Rofl, where do you come up with this shit?

Microsoft could not buy Sony. Sony is a large conglomerate, consisting of gaming, music,  movies,  electronics,  and even insurance. It would have to be a merger, with MS having the brand control, and very large controling stake. 

MS isn't even a large percentage gaming. You seem to think the board would approve the largest venture in company history to help something like 5% of the revenue.

Darwinianevolution said:
AEGRO said:

"Microsoft is not getting any love over here in VG."

It has nothing to do with "Love", it everything to do with being realistic.

World wide, there are markets where for 1 xbox sold, theres 10 sony consoles sold or more.

Think on japan, when they sell like 100 xbox but 35,000 playstation 4s, in a week (1 to 350 ratio).

Why would xbox one (and .5) suddenly start outselling the PS4( &K)?.

JRPGfan said:
Darwinianevolution said:

"Microsoft is not getting any love over here in VG."

It has nothing to do with "Love", it everything to do with being realistic.

World wide, there are markets where for 1 xbox sold, theres 10 sony consoles sold or more.

Think on japan, when they sell like 100 xbox but 35,000 playstation 4s, in a week (1 to 350 ratio).

Why would xbox one (and .5) suddenly start outselling the PS4( &K)?.

I think the question is why would anyone make the above claim, the answer to which is Microsoft still gets some love over here in VGC.

It has nothing to do with sales figures, company sales projections, etc.; they simply wish it to be so in defiance of any real rationality or hard data. 

spemanig said:
Mike_L said:

Just in short. Something similar to smartphones?

Um, yes and no. Something similar in smartphones in how they revolutionized the cellphone.

Ah ok. Thanks :)

For a long time, I hoped for Nintendo to go all in on a high end phone (bundled with a controller adapter adding buttons) as their next handheld through a collaboration with e.g. HTC or LG. I can't stand playing anything else than tower defence on my phone but Nintendo might be able to change that. I doubt that they'll make a smartphone though but maybe the NX app/service will be compatible with phones.