By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Women are not fit for front line combat!

Tagged games:

Why can't women be on the front line?

They're physically not fit. 62 32.29%

They can do it if trained properly. 102 53.13%

That's not women's duty. 12 6.25%

I'm weak so I can't fat... 16 8.33%

Total:192
Goatseye said:
hunter_alien said:

Wasnt just yesterday a chemical attack in Allepo? Isnt HRW attacking the US, its allies and pretty much every nation of mistreating POW's? But just for fun, here, some of the first findings:

http://europe.newsweek.com/isis-carries-out-chemical-weapon-attack-syrian-army-state-news-agency-444213?rm=eu

https://www.rt.com/news/338847-shocking-images-sheikh-maqsood/

https://www.hrw.org/news/2014/12/09/usa-and-torture-history-hypocrisy

These were literally the first results that I came upon. But I am sure you wont need a "let me google it for you" link if you want more.

The catch here is war. US is fighting guerillas, not nations. No war was declared.

US is doing the same thing in the mountains of Pakistan, where is the war? Is US at war with Syria and Iraq?

Really? War doesn't have to be declared for it to be a war. If opposing troops are fighting consistently then it's a war.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Goatseye said:

The catch here is war. US is fighting guerillas, not nations. No war was declared.

US is doing the same thing in the mountains of Pakistan, where is the war? Is US at war with Syria and Iraq?

Really? War doesn't have to be declared for it to be a war. If opposing troops are fighting consistently then it's a war.

So is there a war going on in Colombia? Mexico? 

Turks bomb Kurds on a weekly basis are they at war with Iraq?

Believe it or not, you have to sign a declaration of war before you wage it.

All we're having right now in the middle east is armed conflict.

Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:

So is there a war going on in Colombia? Mexico? 

Turks bomb Kurds on a weekly basis are they at war with Iraq?

Believe it or not, you have to sign a declaration of war before you wage it.

All we're having right now in the middle east is armed conflict.

Isn't that like 18th century logic? Ya know, back when they just stood in lines and shot each other and all that other 'honourable' shit.

Nah, you don't need an official declration of war for it to actually be a war.

If your country signed Geneva Convention Treaty or fall under the protocols outlined therein, they have to sign a declaration.

It's not just to announce a French duel. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:

If your country signed Geneva Convention Treaty or fall under the protocols outlined therein, they have to sign a declaration.

It's not just to announce a French duel. 

Firstly, you're ignoring the fact that that's only between states that have both signed that treaty, ISIS (and many other groups) haven't...

Secondly, you're forgetting that something being agreed on doesn't mean people will stick to that agreement. That treaty has been broken before and no doubt will be again.

ISIS is not a state, that's why I categorized the tumult in the Middle East "Armed Conflict". I didn't ignore anything.

Secondly, like any law, international laws can be broken and will be broken. And that's why we have International Court of Justice. 

Goatseye said:
COKTOE said:
Women are physically inferior to men. Period. It takes absolutely no analysis to understand this. Part and parcel, they will be worse at literally everything a man would need to do in a combat situation. How is this even a debatable topic? There are a small number of female outliers, truly capable frontline soldiers, that should be considered on a case by case basis, but that is as far as women on the frontline should go. Mandating female frontline duty in large numbers in the name of equality is insane.

The heaviest piece of equipment issued to a GI is the body armor.

Weighs 16lb but the weight is distributed when worn and after 4 months of intensive physical training it won't be an issue.

M4 is light, ammo cartridges are light, etc...

Nowadays most movements on the battlefield are done mechanically, be it aerial or terrestrial.

This topic is only debatable if you're ignorant about US military or bias against women.

So, with the 16 lbs of body armor + m4 and cartridges, or without it, women are overall physically equal to men? HA! Topic is not debatable, unless you have a logic defying agenda or bias against common sense.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
the whole premise is flawed.

weakness doesn't belong on the front line,.. i agree. i wouldn't ever want to mandate a 50/50 ratio of men and women on the front lines. but come up with your requirements and let both men and women take the test. only those that can pass the test are allowed to take position in the front line.

why is that so hard? why is it so hard to make it ability based not gender based? if no women can pass then fine. but if a women can pass then there is no reason to claim she is still too weak to do the job when empirical evidence states otherwise.

common sense is probably right,.. fewer women can meet the requirements than men. but i doubt there isn't a single women in the world that can meet the requirements. ..and even if that is true just let them take and fail the tests so she knows she isn't qualified for the job instead of being flat out discriminated against.

Frikking thank you. Someone give Kitler a bowl of milk.

People should be chosen due to their ability and potential, not their sex.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The guy was half right; men are unfit for front line combat, too.

COKTOE said:
Goatseye said:

The heaviest piece of equipment issued to a GI is the body armor.

Weighs 16lb but the weight is distributed when worn and after 4 months of intensive physical training it won't be an issue.

M4 is light, ammo cartridges are light, etc...

Nowadays most movements on the battlefield are done mechanically, be it aerial or terrestrial.

This topic is only debatable if you're ignorant about US military or bias against women.

So, with the 16 lbs of body armor + m4 and cartridges, or without it, women are overall physically equal to men? HA! Topic is not debatable, unless you have a logic defying agenda or bias against common sense.

I need a Godzilla facepalm for your post. I think common sense is to read the topic and my posts before you attribute me  words I didn't say.

If the best your army can manage in a 1.5K run is 9:40 minutes, then no one in your army is fit for front line combat.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.