By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Civil War: Banquet of Crow (NX Edition)

bigtakilla said:

To some of the 2016 guys (you know who you are)

Congrats on your accurate prediction!

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

To some of the 2016 guys (you know who you are)

Thank you.

bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

Thank you.

Now I'm eagerly gonna await Wii U titles for 2017 to complete the 5 year life span. One of the titles will be Metroid!

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

Thank you.

Now I'm eagerly gonna await 2017 Wii U titles to complete the 5 year life span. One of the titles will be Metroid!

Could be, I wouldn't be confident enough to bet on it though. But it seems like we don't have to hold up our end of bets, so... 

Done.

The power of the crow is in the murder.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

Done.

The power of the crow is in the murder.

Yup, anyone who has played Bioshock Infinite knows that a murder of crows kicks ass.

Signature goes here!

Soundwave said:
Iyasu said:

I'd like to point out, that I also bet on 2017 , and I can't recall ever thinking that the Wii U is going to have another great year full of support.

I'll turn it around:
I think some people of the 2016 group were to overzelous to replace the Wii U, and ignored that it takes quite a bit of time to make a new console and games for it.

I wouldn't have had a problem losing the bet to the 2016 crowd either. It's just a bet.

Three months is really not that big of a difference. If Mr. Iwata had not passed away, it's quite possible the system could be a go for holiday 2016, they were obviously aiming for that date and were willing to kill the Wii U in order to try and make that date. They missed -- but not by much. I suspect Kimishima may have had different ideas on launching with just Zelda + maybe one other Nintendo game + 6-7 third party ports and calling it a day.

There are pros/cons to both approaches, I think Nintendo did very badly want the holiday window because holidays (in Japan especially) make up a huge chunk of their sales, there's no way Nintendo is happy with just leaving the 2016 holiday barren the way it is, but they may have felt like the Wii U caused so much damage to them that any potential for a poor first impression could not be risked this time. Though perhaps Iwata would have disagreed with Kimishima on this.

Yeah, seems like some pretty clumsy planning just leaving their console(s) dangling from the gallows during the holidays, the whole Zelda situation would suggest the same line of reasoning was originally used. I'm sure we'll get more details later on though, they always fess up when the shit hits the proverbial fan...

hatmoza said:
Proud to be part of the lucky minority saved by Nintendo's inability to develop software in a reasonable time frame :p
Enjoy your crow peeps

Fixed it for ya ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

RolStoppable said:
Are you guys sure that you have determined the correct winner? The news that is going around is that NX was delayed to March 2017. Delayed from a holiday launch in 2016, of course.

This thread was created because of all the arguments whether Nintendo would be going for a 2016 or 2017 launch of their next generation. Both sides of the argument were gunning for a holiday quarter launch, but in different years.

Technically, neither side is right now. But if you want to crown a winner, it would be the 2016 people. Not only is it a confirmed delay, but the 2017 main argument was that anything less than a lifecycle of five years is not going to happen or should not happen. That's why the entire issue blew up to begin with.

So salty rolly. You keep trying to evade.

The bet was for when it releases not when rumors say it would release or some misguided early prediction a rumor says might have existed. Even if it was announced for 2016 and got delayed to 2017 in the last month, the 2017 people would win.

Be a good sport and give us a nice crow. ^^

spurgeonryan said:
Did I eat crow?

You did not!

You can join us in the victorious side and do a celebratory dance! xD

>.< didnt men to double post.