By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Civil War: Banquet of Crow (NX Edition)

I guess I'll have to wait for another time to eat crow.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Time to pay up people you knew the rules when you put your money where your mouth is, lets see those crow avatars. If you can't find an avatar one is going to be provided with in a few days.

People said that we'll have to wait since it's possible for there to be release date changes. Still the avys will appear in June/Jannuary depending on when people think it's most fitting...

Luke888 said:
Wyrdness said:
Time to pay up people you knew the rules when you put your money where your mouth is, lets see those crow avatars. If you can't find an avatar one is going to be provided with in a few days.

People said that we'll have to wait since it's possible for there to be release date changes. Still the avys will appear in June/Jannuary depending on when people think it's most fitting...

Who? Nintendo said it will be 2017.

Soundwave said:
Nem said:

Did you even choose a side? Can't see you on the list.

Get outta here! You didn't pick a side so you can't claim victory or loss. :P

I've said my position in several threads pretty clearly ...

- Nintendo has given up on Wii U and major internal teams were not working on Wii U projects. True/false ... looks true. 

- Zelda would be for the NX as a launch title with the Wii U getting it as a token goodbye gift like TP. True. 

- They were aiming for a 2016 launch but it could be delayed because Nintendo can't release anything on time. Probably true, unless there is something magical about launching in March, there's no logical reason to choose this over a Nov/December release, unless the Wii U had some killer fall lineup which it doesn't. 

- Showing/or not showing it at previous E3s or looking at previous Nintendo unveils to try and get a read on NX was pointless. True. NX won't even be shown at a single E3 prior to launch. 

Well, we can all make a huge list of things we said that are true and "probably true" about the NX.

crissindahouse said:

So, was I supposed to change it already or was I to fast? I'm confused^^

And why did I vote just a few hours before the announcement? Am I stupid?

I was expecting a set date from the OP so everyone changes them at the same time. Maybe such as 1st of May everyone has a crow until the 1st of June.

Around the Network

Here's a cool looking crow i came across. I'll post some others as well. 

http://igreeny.deviantart.com/art/Crow-354583356

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

I've said my position in several threads pretty clearly ...

- Nintendo has given up on Wii U and major internal teams were not working on Wii U projects. True/false ... looks true. 

- Zelda would be for the NX as a launch title with the Wii U getting it as a token goodbye gift like TP. True. 

- They were aiming for a 2016 launch but it could be delayed because Nintendo can't release anything on time. Probably true, unless there is something magical about launching in March, there's no logical reason to choose this over a Nov/December release, unless the Wii U had some killer fall lineup which it doesn't. 

- Showing/or not showing it at previous E3s or looking at previous Nintendo unveils to try and get a read on NX was pointless. True. NX won't even be shown at a single E3 prior to launch. 

Well, we can all make a huge list of things we said that are true and "probably true" about the NX.

Generally speaking there are two camps here at VGChartz among Nintendo fans/or general fans

A.) That NX has been the primary focus of Nintendo for a long time now and the Wii U was moved to the back burner a while ago and would not be supported much by Nintendo past 2014. E3 2015 being the real nail in the coffin. Nintendo was aiming to launch the NX in 2016. Zelda would be for the NX. Things like Animal Crossing will be for the NX too as will probably a lot of games that started on the Wii U. Nintendo gives no fucks about Wii U owners when it comes to the broader scheme of things. 

and then there was 

B.) No way. Wii U is going to be supported for 5 full years with more terrific IP like Animal Crossing U and maybe a Metroid U are coming we'll see them this year. Nintendo surely won't piss off people who bought the Wii U by ending it early. Besides Nintendo can't launch NX without showing it at 2 E3s before hand this is the pattern with GameCube and Wii and Wii U. Oh and Zelda U is for Wii U because every Nintendo console has its own unique Zelda game. 

By and large, I believe you were in camp B. 

So sure, I mean not to make a big deal of it, but this is pretty much "winning the battle, but losing the war" ... the overall supposition that you guys made was generally wrong. 

Even a March 2017 launch ... is pretty damn close to holiday 2016. A three month difference changes ... what exactly? Especially since there's virtually no chance in hell the Wii U has any meaningful support from Dec 16-March 17. By Nintendo standards this is a pretty short delay. 

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

Generally speaking there are two camps here at VGChartz among Nintendo fans/or general fans

A.) That NX has been the primary focus of Nintendo for a long time now and the Wii U was moved to the back burner a while ago and would not be supported much by Nintendo past 2014. E3 2015 being the real nail in the coffin. Nintendo was aiming to launch the NX in 2016. Zelda would be for the NX. Things like Animal Crossing will be for the NX too as will probably a lot of games that started on the Wii U. Nintendo gives no fucks about Wii U owners when it comes to the broader scheme of things. 

and then there was 

B.) No way. Wii U is going to be supported for 5 full years with more terrific IP like Animal Crossing U and maybe a Metroid U are coming we'll see them this year. Nintendo surely won't piss off people who bought the Wii U by ending it early. Besides Nintendo can't launch NX without showing it at 2 E3s before hand this is the pattern with GameCube and Wii and Wii U. Oh and Zelda U is for Wii U because every Nintendo console has its own unique Zelda game. 

So sure, I mean not to make a big deal of it, but this is pretty much "winning the battle, but losing the war" ... the overall supposition that you guys made was generally wrong. 

Even a March 2017 launch ... is pretty damn close to holiday 2016. A three month difference changes ... what exactly? Especially since there's virtually no chance in hell the Wii U has any meaningful support from Dec 16-March 17. 

Yet again, we won the war and lost some battles, but whatever.

And you're bringing up old points... Yet again, it's not like anyone was entirely right on our side of the camp. But let's please not act like anyone on the other side of the camp was entirely right either (including yourself). C'mon...

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

and then there was 

Even a March 2017 launch ... is pretty damn close to holiday 2016. A three month difference changes ... what exactly? Especially since there's virtually no chance in hell the Wii U has any meaningful support from Dec 16-March 17. 

And you're bringing up old points... Yet again, it's not like anyone was entirely right on our side of the camp. But let's please not act like anyone on the other side of the camp was entirely right either (including yourself). C'mon...

You seem to be wrong about everything but got the 2017 part right, but even that is not the fall 2017 narrative after a rich, supple 5 year Wii U lifecycle mantra you guys were pushing here for months and months. 

It was fairly obvious to be honest by E3 2015 what was happening to the Wii U. A handful of you guys just did not want to believe it then.

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

You seem to be wrong about everything but got the 2017 part right, but even that is not the fall 2017 narrative after a rich, supple 5 year Wii U lifecycle mantra you guys were pushing here for months and months. 

It was fairly obvious to be honest by E3 2015 what was happening to the Wii U. A handful of you guys just did not want to believe it then. 

So I was wrong about the leakers being full of crap? And was I wrong about the AMD chip that expected to raise AMD's profits in the third quater not meaning the NX would release this year wrong? Was I wrong about NX releasing in 2017? Was I wrong when I said that when they didn't even mention the console at the beginning of the year or an any subsequent Directs we shouldn't be expecting the console? Was I wrong when people on the other side of the fence were saying that Wii U would have nothing else to show at the end of last year, and I said they had one or two more surprises and Paper Mario Color Splash was announced? 

The highlighted stuff I never said.