By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Civil War: Banquet of Crow (NX Edition)

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Alot, Star Wars: Battlefront & Battlefront 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, San Andreas, Burnout 3, Burnout Revenge, Knights of the Old Republic, KOTOR 2, Elder Scrolls 3, Doom, Unreal Tournament, Dead or Alive 3, Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden 2, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Midnight Club 2, Midnight Club 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 2, Brothers in Arms, Metal Gear Solid 2, Mercenaries, The Warriors, Red Dead Revolver, Hitman: Contracts, Hitman: Blood Money. A bunch of 3rd party titles to skip GC and the list goes on.

And actually Playstation 2 had alot of online games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_online_games?wprov=sfla1

And how many of these were on PS2?

Whats your point? We are talking about XB vs GC, those games are on Xbox but not GC.

Bringing up irrelevent points doesnt help win an argument.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Whats your point? We are talking about XB vs GC, those games are on Xbox but not GC.

I have to agree with bigtakilla on nintendo consoles needing more hype to sell and xbox (west) /playstation (worldwide) brands are bigger.

Aeolus451 said:
zorg1000 said:

I have to agree with bigtakilla on nintendo consoles needing more hype to sell and xbox (west) /playstation (worldwide) brands are bigger.

thats fine, im more disagreeing with his reasoning than the actual statement.

Xbox & Playstation didnt become popular simply because of the Microsoft & Sony name backing them, they both worked their asses off to build those brands to what they are today.

And we can still see that hype is a major factor in their sales, Microsofts early DRM/Kinect blunders negatively affected the hype around Xbox One and they had to do alot of things to recover from that and build hype back up like dropping those DRM practices, unbundling Kinect, huge discounts, exclusive marketing, timed exclusives, etc. While Sony had made little to no mistakes when announcing PS4, that plus Microsofts blunders allowed for PS4 to gain hype.

Neither of those consoles have sold what they have simply due to brand name, its because of the various actions those companies have made.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

FunFan said:
Shadow8 said:

Wouldn't it be vice versa? ;)

Not really, because most people's rationale pretty much come down to how desperate and imperiled they think Nintendo is. Also how much first party support they feel the WiiU has left.

True, but I see it more like we're being realists, since all the signs about this situation lead to a 2016 release.

FunFan said:
Question: Which one is the positive side and which one is the negative side?

The way I see it,

2016'ers seem pessimistic, cynical and gloomy. Realists?

2017'ers seem optimistic, cheery, and joyful. Believers?

Nah, both have positives and negatives.

If it's on 2016, it takes the Wii U and 3DS, both selling poorly and making a loss, out of the market for a new system quickly, which combined with smartphone apps will bring easy and quick cash on the short run (unless it's sold at a loss, but I doubt Nintendo's willing to do that again). What I think is bad about it is that it seems to be rushed into the market (announced to launch very short time) which might bring droughts by giving studios short development time (3rd and 1st party). We might also have another Wii U case by 3rd party devs making rushed half assed ports, but I'm not sure if that'll also happen if released on 2017.

If released on 2017, Nintendo can ensure onslaught of releases, giving it momentum, and could make collaborations from 3rd party devs (wouldn't this also happen in 2016? Well, devs can see the reactions from the market and have a decent dev time to decide what to do). The negative is living another year off of the Wii U and 3DS burning them money, with little to no support from outside and maybe even inside sources.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
FunFan said:
Question: Which one is the positive side and which one is the negative side?

The way I see it,

2016'ers seem pessimistic, cynical and gloomy. Realists?

2017'ers seem optimistic, cheery, and joyful. Believers?

Nah, both have positives and negatives.

If it's on 2016, it takes the Wii U and 3DS, both selling poorly and making a loss, out of the market for a new system quickly, which combined with smartphone apps will bring easy and quick cash on the short run (unless it's sold at a loss, but I doubt Nintendo's willing to do that again). What I think is bad about it is that it seems to be rushed into the market (announced to launch very short time) which might bring droughts by giving studios short development time (3rd and 1st party). We might also have another Wii U case by 3rd party devs making rushed half assed ports, but I'm not sure if that'll also happen if released on 2017.

If released on 2017, Nintendo can ensure onslaught of releases, giving it momentum, and could make collaborations from 3rd party devs (wouldn't this also happen in 2016? Well, devs can see the reactions from the market and have a decent dev time to decide what to do). The negative is living another year off of the Wii U and 3DS burning them money, with little to no support from outside and maybe even inside sources.

i dont think a 2016 launch means its rushed, it was back in May 2014 that Iwata said they were going to redefine gaming in about 2 years. So the plan for 2016 seems to have been established since early 2014.

Short of a Tsunami, a nuclear reactor meltdonw or major earthquake   it will be 2016

I think you should add a couple footnotes:

1) If your name is not in 1 of the 2 camps then you have no right to gloat and say " i told you so"  regardless of the outcome

It seems there were alot more people saying 2017 or later than what is currently listed - 

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

The point is, the Xbox shouldn't have been that popular a thing. In any other gen a new console having almost no exclusives would be a death sentence. It DID sell on the fact that it was a console from Microsoft. That's the point.

Aeolus451 said:
zorg1000 said:

You get the point. It isn't an Xbox vs Gamecube discussion.