By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Civil War: Banquet of Crow (NX Edition)

Darwinianevolution said:
AAA300 said:
2016!!! I like the civil war pic but it needs Scarlett witch, because captain's side looks a little weak. You should do a xmen one too with 2017 being apocalypse and the horsemen. :) Also there should be a deadline to choose sides! If new info comes out in a couple of weeks or days it's an unfair advantage to this civil war.

Actually, I just did the little edits, like the VGChartz and the NX stuff. If I had to do a full poster out of nothing, by the time I finished the NX would have released already XD. Here's the original.

Didn't realize how many fan made posters are out there! 0-0

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

this statement is based on nothing.

It's obvious based on sales of Playstation and Xbox. Even the original released with little third party support and only when they had Halo still outsold the Gamecube (24 mil to 21.7 mil). We can argue Wii, but we cannot deny it attracted people outside of gaming and therefore did little to empower the brand name. It simply captured lightning in a bottle (no matter how good of a video game console it was, and it WAS an amazing console). Then they go back to trying to get the regular gaming audience back with the Wii U and look where we are now.

you are wrong on so many levels, Xbox didnt beat Gamecube because of brand recognition.

First of all, Xbox had really good 3rd party support, better than Gamecube had. Also, Halo was not the only major game for it. Overall, Xbox had alot of things going for it that Gamecube didnt.

N64 did really well in the west and a big part of that was due to the shooter crowd (which also enjoy sports/racing) games like GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Turok were big successes on N64 and a decent amount of sports/racing games also did well. Xbox was able to steal this crowd from Nintendo, Halo was basically the GoldenEye of the 6th gen. Other games like Brute Force, Unreal Tournament, Doom, Riddick: Butcher Bay, etc helped cement the shooter crowd on Xbox while Nintendo did very little to keep them.

Outside of that Xbox had the Tom Clancy games (Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six) as timed exclusives. Xbox eventually got the GTA games on it which Gamecube never did. Xbox was also the console home for western RPGs (Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic, Fable).

Xbox also had the premier online experience on consoles at the time with Xbox Live, Nintendo didnt embrace online with Gamecube. Xbox was also a multimedia device with CD & DVD playback which Gamecube did not have.

On top of that, Nintendo made some other questionable decisions with Gamecube. It was designed to look like a childrens toy which pushed away teens and young adults.

They also had some weird experiments with their franchises that didnt really go over well at the time. Mario Sunshine was about Mario cleaning up graffiti/pollution, that sounds like an educational spinoff along the lines of Mario is Missing. Wind Waker had cartoon visuals which was seen negatively at the time. Star Fox wasnt a space shooter, instead u played on foot with dinosaurs. Donkey Kong only had rhythm based games that required bongos. Just choices that didnt go well with the general public or Nintendo fans at the time.

So to say that Xbox beat Gamecube due to brand recognition is absolutely false.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Chalk me up to 2016 with Zelda HD being a cross gen release for the holidays.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Okay, here's version 1.1 of the poster:

If any of you have any problem with it (it's not on the poster, is on the wrong side, or anything like that) please let me know. I'm going to put the avatars of the team cptains on the characters here, other suggestions will be heard (I ask the Vision's place for me :).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

@Darwin
It's looking good in my opinion. There's gonna be a lot of crow avis on that left side. haha

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
@Darwin
It's looking good in my opinion. There's gonna be a lot of crow avis on that left side. haha

That is a weird way to spell "right". :)

TJZ_Link said:
Aeolus451 said:
@Darwin

That is a weird way to spell "right". :)

Right is always right.

Darwinianevolution said:

If any of you have any problem with it (it's not on the poster, is on the wrong side, or anything like that) please let me know. I'm going to put the avatars of the team cptains on the characters here, other suggestions will be heard (I ask the Vision's place for me :).

It's looking very nice, man. Awesome work so far! You deserve that Vision spot ;)

Darwinianevolution said:

haha, great image

..though I'm starting to regret posting my guess on this thread :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]