By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Civil War: Banquet of Crow (NX Edition)

Darwinianevolution said:

I'm making a poster for the thread. If any of you want your avatar on it, say it quickly :)

Put flying oreos on 2016 xD

Edit: Oh wait

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Very difficult thing to say, because its Nintendo we are talking about.Having said that, all signs points to 2016, and thats also my prediction.I just really hope Nintendo is not rushing this and has not only a great launch line-up, but also a great first year planned out.They need this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

shikamaru317 said:
se7en7thre3 said:

2016 (Nov) : Console NA/Eur, HH Japan

2017 (spring) : HH NA/Eur, Console Japan

That's an interesting prediction. You deserve all the props if you get that right.

I think a few others also made this prediction on vgc.  But IMO it comes down to shipment supply + market demand, by splitting the launch it makes it easier for Nintendo to fulfill/manage initial  order units.

I kinda want to lose so I can sport a nice crow avatar along with 30 other people.

Signature goes here!

Wouldn't it be funnier if the people with crow avatars were forced to write in every post CAW CAW! during one month?

Around the Network

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Darwinianevolution said:

I'm making a poster for the thread. If any of you want your avatar on it, say it quickly :)

Being Gamemaster doesn't have an avatar, I may as well take on Cpt America.

Wright said:

Wouldn't it be funnier if the people with crow avatars were forced to write in every post CAW CAW! during one month?

And if they don't, BANNED.

Wright said:

I'd do it. But unlike avatars, that's very easy to forget.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

But people are also kind of forgetting that Xbox and Playstation are powerful name brands that don't need to gather hype as they sell very well on their own. Nintendo on the other hand....

this statement is based on nothing.

It's obvious based on sales of Playstation and Xbox. Even the original released with little third party support and only when they had Halo still outsold the Gamecube (24 mil to 21.7 mil). We can argue Wii, but we cannot deny it attracted people outside of gaming and therefore did little to empower the brand name. It simply captured lightning in a bottle (no matter how good of a video game console it was, and it WAS an amazing console). Then they go back to trying to get the regular gaming audience back with the Wii U and look where we are now.

It's the same as whether you think the Apple Iphone or Samsung Galaxy needs more advertising and more time to generate hype. They both sell decently well, but one is typically on a different level in terms of sales than the other. On Playstations worst gen they still sell 90 mil, and that's with a ridiculously overpriced console and third party games that generally performed worse than the XBox 360 counterpart.