By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Ships One Million Units in U.S

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/rainbow-six-vegas-2-ships-one-million-units-in-us/?biz=

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is hitting the jackpot. Ubisoft's shooter has shipped more than a million units in just one week since release.

Posted by James Brightman on Monday, March 24, 2008

The latest in Ubisoft's popular Rainbow Six shooter franchise, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2, has already shipped over one million units in the U.S., according to the most recent investor research note on the publisher from Wedbush Morgan Securities' Michael Pachter.

The game hit store shelves only one week ago and has been garnering positive reviews (over 83% on GameRankings.com), including a solid 8-out-of-10 from GameDaily.

Pachter previously estimated that 1.7 million units of the game will ship for the current quarter, and he acknowledged that these early results for the game "compare favorably" with his estimate. He also noted that Ubisoft's U.S. retail sales are up 26 percent quarter-to-date compared with the company's guidance for a revenue decline of 18 percent in the current March quarter. "We expect the upside in Rainbow Six to offset weakness caused by the strong Euro and lighter performance of its other releases (notably LOST) during the quarter," Pachter said.

The Tom Clancy games continue to be a big driver for Ubisoft's business, and the publisher recently made sure the brand stays with Ubisoft indefinitely, locking up all rights to the Tom Clancy name, including books, movies and merchandising products, in addition to games of course.

Around the Network

thats good for ubisoft

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

for both consoles?

Not sure though wouldn't be surprise if it was for both consoles. Maybe something like 700-300 360/ps3. Will be interesting to see ioi's numbers though I am sure they will be lower.

elnino334 said:
Not sure though wouldn't be surprise if it was for both consoles. Maybe something like 700-300 360/ps3. Will be interesting to see ioi's numbers though I am sure they will be lower.

They might be lower 'cause ...they shipped a million units .... now how many of that million they actually sold to people?... that's what Ioi will be informing :P

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Around the Network

Good launch, it could make 1m on both consoles

yo thats awesome news!!!

looks like this week belongs to Vegas 2!

Also I bet Hot Shots Golf 5 won't do too badly!!!

Awesome launch week. Go Tom Clancy!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Great game. The co-op is really fun. This week belongs to Vegas baby!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I wouldn't expect anything less actually. 1m shipped for US isn't *that* much, esp. across two platforms.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099