By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 is a less than 20 hour jrpg MORE proof, Amazon japan users complaining

Wright said:
Xxain said:

Star Ocean is not about visiting multiple planets, but the effects of young planets/civilizations getting caught up in Universal disasters that most of time evolve Earth Federation and their enemies. 

If Star Ocean is not about visiting multiple planets, then don't call twat the other user.

Regardless of the significance of the spoiler, when somebody goes out of the hide a spoiler. DO NOT SPOIL IT!  It was done for a reason. That is a twat move. 

Around the Network

Typically JRPGs are about 30 hours long main story + many more hours of side quests/bosses.

If Star Ocean 5 is only 20 hours long with little to no side quests then it is an indication that it was semi rushed.

The only other JRPG I can think of that was short was Last Story on the Wii. Even though I liked that game the short length was annoying.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:

The only other JRPG I can think of that was short was Last Story on the Wii. Even though I liked that game the short length was annoying.

I think it's because The Last Story desperatedly needed a bit more of time to wrap-up certain things. The final act goes way too quick, without any indication or forethought of it.

outlawauron said:
Mirson said:

As long as it's all killer and no filler, then that's alright for me. The Tales of games I've played took me 40 - 50 hours to complete, but I probably only enjoyed like less than half the dungeons. Also had a bunch of back-tracking.

Which ones have you played?

One thing I've enjoyed about Tales of is that they're usually no longer than 30 or so hours.

Grace and Xillia are the ones that I've finished.

Maraccuda said:
Typically JRPGs are about 30 hours long main story + many more hours of side quests/bosses.

If Star Ocean 5 is only 20 hours long with little to no side quests then it is an indication that it was semi rushed.

There's also a little game called Chrono Trigger you've probably seen on the occasional greatest games of all time list :P

Around the Network
Mirson said:
outlawauron said:

Which ones have you played?

One thing I've enjoyed about Tales of is that they're usually no longer than 30 or so hours.

Grace and Xillia are the ones that I've finished.

Really you spend a lot of time in Xillia, if it took you that long. It felt really short to me. Graces I sort of got bored towards, the last third of the game, so I have no idea. 

You want an endless game?
There is a game for rhat called No Mans Sky.

konnichiwa said:
elektranine said:

Where is this mythical thread on neogaf full of complaints about it being a budget title?

In fact most have not even played much yet as it is not released outside of japan and has only been out in Japan for a couple of days. (And you have to import it which will take a couple of days at least so many have just began the game)

This whole thread feels like a tad bit late april fools joke.

Here is the thread: https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202314

Hasemo and others imported it.

Hasemo:  Last (?) boss time. 22 hours on the clock, but I left the game running for an hour or two.

-Optional dungeons look the same with almost no good reason to visit them
- You will see the same enemies over and over again just with a different colour
- Almost 50 % of of the soundtrack is copied from older star ocean games.
Etc..

So one person out of an entire thread lol.

It was claimed that there was an entire thread full of people complaining about the game length and saying it was a "budget title". The vast majority seem satisfied in that thread.

That downplay

think-man said:
Iveyboi said:
Star Ocean 4 took me 50 hours and I didn't even do close to everything. I highly doubt this.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B35-Integrity-and-Faithlessness/dp/B015E13132

Don't believe me? Also check out the reviews on Japan amazon, users complaining alot length 

Wow look at all those fake 1-star "reviews". Most from new accounts or shell accounts giving a bunch of PS3/PS4/Psvita games all 1-star while giving Xbox games 4-5 stars. There seems to be some sort of organized attempt to discredit this game.

elektranine said:
konnichiwa said:

Here is the thread: https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202314

Hasemo and others imported it.

Hasemo:  Last (?) boss time. 22 hours on the clock, but I left the game running for an hour or two.

-Optional dungeons look the same with almost no good reason to visit them
- You will see the same enemies over and over again just with a different colour
- Almost 50 % of of the soundtrack is copied from older star ocean games.
Etc..

So one person out of an entire thread lol.

It was claimed that there was an entire thread full of people complaining about the game length and saying it was a "budget title". The vast majority seem satisfied in that thread.

That downplay

not really I said a lot of complaints and note some down for you. Their are only a few of them playing it and the rest is trying to make a 20 hour game positive or trying to find something positive about the experience few of the sov gamers have. Anyway you asked where that mystical thread was and i gave it to you.