By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo doesn't reward NES, or Game Boy VC purchases, and the top tier missions are impossible to impossible.

Keep in mind that this is meant to stretch into the future. Currently a majority of content may be below the threshold but I have a decent feeling the NX is being designed hand in hand with My Nintendo, meaning more content will fit the current minimum.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
Keep in mind that this is meant to stretch into the future. Currently a majority of content may be below the threshold but I have a decent feeling the NX is being designed hand in hand with My Nintendo, meaning more content will fit the current minimum.

I hope so.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

I do sort of wish this wasn't an attempt to push digital though. As a physical collector Club Nintendo at least incentivized me. Most of these deals I'll never touch for the time being (once they start catering on a person to person basis like they've claimed I'll be better off), and the only way to earn points for me is specifically the Virtual Console and on any indie games I don't get free on PS4 already!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
I do sort of wish this wasn't an attempt to push digital though. As a physical collector Club Nintendo at least incentivized me. Most of these deals I'll never touch for the time being (once they start catering on a person to person basis like they've claimed I'll be better off), and the only way to earn points for me is specifically the Virtual Console and on any indie games I don't get free on PS4 already!

Not to mention the fact that getting all digital on Wii U is ass without more memory considering the max 32GB base model.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Megaoverlord12 said:
DivinePaladin said:

Not to mention the fact that getting all digital on Wii U is ass without more memory considering the max 32GB base model.

I bought Smash digitally because I was impatient. That was an 11GB mistake I will never make again. Thankfully Pikmin 3 got a huge price drop so I bought it and deleted my free copy from the MK8 promotion, and I have space again I think. 

Around the Network
Platina said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

My Nintendo only rewards digital purchases. In N.America, standard retail for Wii U games is $59.99.

Oh right, forgot about that :p

Canada prices are $75 for Wii U and $45-50 for 3DS games so they are really expensive.. iirc, the reward points were not increased either so a full retail Wii U game should give the high tier reward

Though does that mean if I buy a retail game, I will not get points for it?

Check the menu on the left hand side of the My Nintendo page. There is clearly a "point code" registration page. I'm assuming this will be used for retail games. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:
Platina said:

Oh right, forgot about that :p

Canada prices are $75 for Wii U and $45-50 for 3DS games so they are really expensive.. iirc, the reward points were not increased either so a full retail Wii U game should give the high tier reward

Though does that mean if I buy a retail game, I will not get points for it?

Check the menu on the left hand side of the My Nintendo page. There is clearly a "point code" registration page. I'm assuming this will be used for retail games. 

Currently, people who were previous Club Nintendo members get a code via e-mail for points that are entered there, so it COULD only be promotional stuff, but I hope that it will be used for retail games soon.

DivinePaladin said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

I bought Smash digitally because I was impatient. That was an 11GB mistake I will never make again. Thankfully Pikmin 3 got a huge price drop so I bought it and deleted my free copy from the MK8 promotion, and I have space again I think. 

NX better have 500GB minimum. 32GB didn't cut it when the system launched.

my only big dissappointment here is no rewards for physical purchases. I get why, i just miss that. I rarely buy digital games and i NEVER buy $60 digitial games. Only the indie titles and vc titles. oh well.

DivinePaladin said:

Amen!  preach it brother paladin!  No but seriously, i'm the exact same way.  Guess we're just 'grandpas'.