By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo doesn't reward NES, or Game Boy VC purchases, and the top tier missions are impossible to impossible.

CarcharodonKraz said:
DivinePaladin said:
I do sort of wish this wasn't an attempt to push digital though. As a physical collector Club Nintendo at least incentivized me. Most of these deals I'll never touch for the time being (once they start catering on a person to person basis like they've claimed I'll be better off), and the only way to earn points for me is specifically the Virtual Console and on any indie games I don't get free on PS4 already!

Amen!  preach it brother paladin!  No but seriously, i'm the exact same way.  Guess we're just 'grandpas'.  

I will say, 30% off Splatoon is bangin' for the five Wii U owners that don't have it yet. And I found the "Just for You Offers" tab on My Nintendo, which, while its empty right now, is good to see just so I know they weren't BSing us there. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
Megaoverlord12 said:

So My Nintendo and Miitomo launched in most of the first world today. Yaaaay! But looking at the missions for My Nintendo makes me miss Club Nintendo.

So the minimum Gold mission is spending $5-$9.99 for 10 Gold points. That means that Game Boy ($3.99) and NES ($4.99) games aren't rewarded. That means that 112 out of 164 3DS (68%!) Virtual Console games and 86 out of 226 (38%) Wii U Virtual Console games do not reward the user. I know it's a loyalty program, and users are not expected to buy games just for the rewards. It just the fact that a) Club Nintendo rewarded you with points no matter the price of the game; and b) It's a loyalty program that doesn't reward users for purchasing a rather large chunk of its online store offerings, offerings that are most liable to be purchased by their most layal customers.

Also interesting are the top tiers: 70 coins for $60-$69.99 and 80 coins for $70+. Those tiers are impossible to reach with any single game purchase, as most standard retail games are priced at $59.99. An hint of things to come?

Thoughts?

In Europe the VC FireEmblem Games got discounted. I bought all 3 seperately and spend below 5 €, but still got 10 Gold coins for each.

• Fire Emblem (Nintendo, Game Boy Advance) - 3,49 € (Das Angebot endet am 14. April 2016, normaler Preis: 6,99 €)
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Nintendo, Game Boy Advance) - 3,49 € (Das Angebot endet am 14. April 2016, normaler Preis: 6,99 €) 
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Nintendo, Nintendo DS) ) - 4,99 € (Das Angebot endet am 14. April 2016, normaler Preis: 9,99 €)
11,97 € => 30 Gold Coins. I like Nintendo.

hentai_11 said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

So My Nintendo and Miitomo launched in most of the first world today. Yaaaay! But looking at the missions for My Nintendo makes me miss Club Nintendo.

So the minimum Gold mission is spending $5-$9.99 for 10 Gold points. That means that Game Boy ($3.99) and NES ($4.99) games aren't rewarded. That means that 112 out of 164 3DS (68%!) Virtual Console games and 86 out of 226 (38%) Wii U Virtual Console games do not reward the user. I know it's a loyalty program, and users are not expected to buy games just for the rewards. It just the fact that a) Club Nintendo rewarded you with points no matter the price of the game; and b) It's a loyalty program that doesn't reward users for purchasing a rather large chunk of its online store offerings, offerings that are most liable to be purchased by their most layal customers.

Also interesting are the top tiers: 70 coins for $60-$69.99 and 80 coins for $70+. Those tiers are impossible to reach with any single game purchase, as most standard retail games are priced at $59.99. An hint of things to come?

Thoughts?

In Europe the VC FireEmblem Games got discounted. I bought all 3 seperately and spend below 5 €, but still got 10 Gold coins for each.

• Fire Emblem (Nintendo, Game Boy Advance) - 3,49 € (Das Angebot endet am 14. April 2016, normaler Preis: 6,99 €)
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Nintendo, Game Boy Advance) - 3,49 € (Das Angebot endet am 14. April 2016, normaler Preis: 6,99 €) 
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Nintendo, Nintendo DS) ) - 4,99 € (Das Angebot endet am 14. April 2016, normaler Preis: 9,99 €)
11,97 € => 30 Gold Coins. I like Nintendo.

Nintendo of America pisses me off.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS