By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo doesn't reward NES, or Game Boy VC purchases, and the top tier missions are impossible to impossible.

Think of it like this, the other big wigs don't do anything like this. It's not as good as Club Nintendo was, thus far, but it's a start. I do agree that the points system is a bit confusing and hard to get into but I think time will help it out.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Let's stop kidding ourselves, it's obviously because NX handheld games are gonna cost $69.99 while console versions cost $79.99. Believe it.

I sincerely hope that's you talking out of your ass... but this is Nintendo...

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Ljink96 said:
Think of it like this, the other big wigs don't do anything like this. It's not as good as Club Nintendo was, thus far, but it's a start. I do agree that the points system is a bit confusing and hard to get into but I think time will help it out.

Sony has a rewards program that includes PlayStation, wheras Microsoft straight up has a reward program specifically for Xbox.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Einsam_Delphin said:
Platina said:

Oh right, forgot about that :p

Canada prices are $75 for Wii U and $45-50 for 3DS games so they are really expensive.. iirc, the reward points were not increased either so a full retail Wii U game should give the high tier reward

Though does that mean if I buy a retail game, I will not get points for it?

There's no way to be credited for retail/physical purchases of any kind, probably not until NX.

THAT TRULLY SUX- and i would not count on it changing unless a whole lot of customers complain-  i hope i am wrong but i don t have much faith in Nintendo s treatment of its customers

Dunban67 said:

THAT TRULLY SUX- and i would not count on it changing unless a whole lot of customers complain-  i hope i am wrong but i don t have much faith in Nintendo s treatment of its customers

The best part is, is that with My Nintendos immediate predecessor, Club Nintendo, retail games had a pamphelt with a code that you could redeem for points.

Around the Network

they need to fix this as of now I really wish CN wasnt cancelled.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

NA will prob have to spend more and do more to get less so Nintendo can give its Japanese customers more for spending/doing less

Megaoverlord12 said:
Ljink96 said:

Sony has a rewards program that includes PlayStation, wheras Microsoft straight up has a reward program specifically for Xbox.

Not to this extent though. It's much different. Well aware of Sony Rewards but not XB. Miitomo is taking it a bit further.

That's a bummer if true. Too bad they couldn't have lowered the minimum. Maybe it was a way to keep people from buying cheap games to build up coins? I dunno...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ljink96 said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Not to this extent though. It's much different. Well aware of Sony Rewards but not XB. Miitomo is taking it a bit further.

Fair enough I suppose. I do seriously hope that they tweak it over the coming weeks, especially if you're like me with a Windows phone and a Kindle, you can't access Miitomo, so it's completely impossible to get more than around 700 platinum points. And I don't like buying digitally on Nintendo due to lack of memory. Ugggh. I hope that this works better with the NX.