By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 26th March 2016 - Weekly Hardware Sales on VGChartz

JRPGfan said:
ConsoleWars said:

Xbox ONE is too damn high and way overtracked.

There is no way this console is over 16 million sold, let alone 20 million. sold.

The reason MS doesn't say anything about VGChart'z guesstimations is because their estimates look better than actual sales. You can bet that if the Xbone has sold even 1 unit higher than VGChartz's estimates, MS would at least acknowledge that VGC's numbers are inaccurate and they sold more units than what VGC estimates.
Their silence only leads me to believe the VGC is significantly overtracking the Xbone.

Lets just say I disagree and think this is borderline trolling.

No, it's not.

If the Xbone sales were even 1 unit above VGC's estimates, Microsoft would be singing about how VGC is wrong and that they sold more.

Because it's being overtracked, Microsoft is keeping silent. That's how I know the Xbone is far below 20 million sold.

Why advertise that you're failing more than an estimate that shows you failing at a less embarassing level?

Also, please stop with the trolling accusations. Everything I'm saying is logical from a business PR perspective.

Banned for this and previous comment in this thread - Axum

Around the Network
ConsoleWars said:

Xbox ONE is too damn high and way overtracked.

There is no way this console is over 16 million sold, let alone 20 million. sold.

The reason MS doesn't say anything about VGChart'z guesstimations is because their estimates look better than actual sales. You can bet that if the Xbone has sold even 1 unit higher than VGChartz's estimates, MS would at least acknowledge that VGC's numbers are inaccurate and they sold more units than what VGC estimates.
Their silence only leads me to believe the VGC is significantly overtracking the Xbone.

Well, we have Xbox One, with over 11-12 Millions on USA, according to NPD, with over 2.5 Millions on UK, over 1 Million on France, and Germany, 60 Thousands on Japan, so we have over 16.5 Millions confirmed for Xbox One, on the World's Biggest Markets, i would love to know Latin America's Numbers, Brazil's Best selling Home console via Official sources is Master System, more than 5 Millions of Units Sold, and Mexico, also is a big Market, i believe that a 18-20 Millions Worldwide is the Number for Xbox One now.

ConsoleWars said:
JRPGfan said:

Lets just say I disagree and think this is borderline trolling.

No, it's not.

If the Xbone sales were even 1 unit above VGC's estimates, Microsoft would be singing about how VGC is wrong and that they sold more.

Because it's being overtracked, Microsoft is keeping silent. That's how I know the Xbone is far below 20 million sold.

Why advertise that you're failing more than an estimate that shows you failing at a less embarassing level?

Also, please stop with the trolling accusations. Everything I'm saying is logical from a business PR perspective.

Actually it is not logical at all. And one question...why would MS "sing" about VGC being wrong? How many times have have they EVER done that?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Dr.Vita said:
PS4 is a monster!

Its a monster. Everyday is halloween.

Look at the PS4 go. Last March was awesome and so was this March.

KingofTrolls said:
3 :1 ? Jesus that's huge.

it's uuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Swordmasterman said:

I Still don't think that there will be a PS4K, too Expensive to make, it make Developers go away, split the User Base, they can do much well with PS4, and PS4 Slim, until the End of the Generation, the PS2, sold Over 60 Millions of Units after PS3's Launch, this means that PS2, nearly out-sold PS3, in the same  years, even after 6 Years of Market.

i don't know what you think the PS4k is. There will be no aplittingnof the market. Devs won't be chased away and/or have to choose one PS4 over the other. It also won't cost Sony more to make per say....

To elaboarte on the cost. Sony has been making a profit from selling the PS4 from the day the console was launched. By the time the PS4 is released it would cost Sony probably no more than $200 to make each PS4. which they sell for around $250/$300. Making the PS4k will cost them no more than $350-$400 to make. which they can sell for $400-$500 and again still make a profit. 

Here's another way to look at it. so let's assume it cost Sony $50 for every single APU in the PS4 today using a 28nm process. it would cost  the same amount of money making a processed that's 4 times as powerful using a 14nm process as long as both chips have an identical wafer footprint.

Exactly mate ;)

And look at this :

''

Rumor: PS4K to have GPU that is Twice as Fast, Launch with God of War 4 - News''

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/263753/rumor-ps4k-to-have-gpu-that-is-twice-as-fast-launch-with-god-of-war-4/

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Err, well, as much as I would love it to be true, today is not the best day to believe articles...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Excellent PS4 performance as usual, decent XBOne, unsatisfying 3DS considering it's the portable market leader.
The other noteworthy facts are that recently PSV and Wii U are consistently showing almost decent performances for two definitely niche products, and what's more by now the former almost solely supported by third parties and the latter constantly given up for dead (well, actually the former too 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Dang look at the 3DS! In its 5 years it can still pull off 100k+!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ps4 sold more than everything else combined. Thats godly!!