By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: New PS4k/PS4.5 leak via NeoGAF - GPU twice as powerful, dev kits already in developers' hands, $399-$499

Ehhhh as long as it does not effect the current PS4 and get exclusive games I am all for it. Nothing wrong with having options. I would just get it about 2yrs after it releases. Now if it DOES mess with the current PS4 experience and I miss out on games I will be pissed lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

This rumor is totally unbelievable. There is no good that can come from it. All this would do is annoy their 40 million or so customers. The most bogus part of that rumour is that they would upgrade the CPU, when most games are GPU limited (so why would they waste time / money on something that would provide little value?).

What is most likely coming this year is a PS4 slim, which will support HDMI 2.0 and 4K TVs. This would let them support their own 4K streaming service, as well as 4K Netflix. Games will not be affected.

If Sony waits until next year, then it is quite possible that they would include a 4K Bluray player, but I think that is a feature reserved for the PS5, which is due in 2018 / 2019.

GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said: 

No offense lol but how do you have ANY idea that this is the case? No one can know this until the games are out and playable on both systems.

No offense but could you stop replying to me, please. I think it's for the best.

Nah, it was a legitimate question, friend. Until the games are out, you have no idea if what you said is fact or wishful thinking. No to mention your way is just a pretty way of saying the same thing. And upset PS4 owners sure wouldn't see it as anything but their version running worse.

If this is true it will be very interesting seeing how MS and Sony treat their existing fan base. Crazy that after all the news a couple weeks ago about MS going this route, we now potentially have concrete details about Sonys incremental upgrade and know nothing about MS's. I don't get all the doom and gloom from people personal. PS4s will still sell. PS4ks will sell. Only if games start getting shit optimization on PS4 would this be bad. Or if there are PS4k exclusive Sony games.

Aerys said:
Ruler said:

Do you realize that these consoles have basiclay PC architecture now? They were maxed out right at launch, there was no hidden CELLL architecture behind them to be mastered. If you want to last this Gen 8 years long you need a stronger models.

The problem is the media and too many stupid gamers, the 32x was in fact 150$ and people rediculated it because of the way it looked attached to the megadrive. 

If you wan to save money as an existent PS4 owner simple sell your older console

That doesnt change the fact you can optimise a game for a specific hardware, X360 was also a PC architecture, it didnt stop it to see an evolution in it's game during the generation, less energy will be put into that with a more powerful model.

it was PowerPC. In fact the 3 Xbox 360 cores were the same architecture as the single real core of the CELL CPU unit.

JEMC said:

They don't need a GPU twice as powerful to upscale the image to 4K, only a better upscaler and an HDMI 2.0 output.

I never said they needed it, but that's what it's alegedly doing. Not running games in native 4K. Upscaling.

Around the Network

Im all in! Shorter gens are the way to go. DAY 1

TallSilhouette said:
"It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance."

This is the part that concerns me. If current adopters suffer to sell this little upgrade. I remain extremely skeptical about all of this though and would have to see it before I believe it. Sony's played it smart so far this gen.

Yeah reg ps4 1080p/30 ps4.5 native 1080p up res 4k/60fps

Aerys said:

Unfortunately, the New 3DS shows i'm right, some games like Zelda Hyrule Warrior are technically better on new 3DS and really bad to play on old one, and that's only with a relatively small hardware difference, so what would happen with a big hardware difference between 2 PS4 ?

It would be really bad for old PS4 owners, they would care less and less to make technically decent games with a decent framerate. So it would force us to upgrade anyway.

So new owners would be very happy of course ( even if they shouldnt support this model of buying a new more powerful model) but old ones would be left to trash.

Thats because on Handhelds 20fps actually can look excaptable the screen size and the resolution are just as bad as it gets on the 3DS, you wont notice the worse FPS. Also the PS4 has a lot more room to sacrifice, you would likely see games running at 900p instead missing the 30fps target in worst case scenarios.

If this rumor is true then sony can go fuck themselves. I already bought 4 PS4's this gen one for me, one for my younger siblings, one for my friend, and my day one PS4 that broke which then i had to replace and i bought all of these thinking that i (we) will have the best playstation console expirience for at least until 2018 and i do not have the nerv nor the money to replace all the PS4 i bought for me and my loved one's for this new 'slighty' more powerful PS4 just after 3 years the PS4 came out. Instead of already releasing a new hardware how about you release actual exclusives on your console that are worth buying sony! It is clearly to see that sony is using the PS4 hype to squeze more money out of the consumer than they should which is patheic and ludacris. Long story short: if these rumors are true, then sony can fuck them selves real hard and they will lose a loyal and very consumptive consumer.

rip in peace playstation 1994-2016