By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SWITCH Rumor Round-up

Lawlight said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, this is the most solid leak I've seen regarding the NX, I think

So, the most solid NX leak is the one that says virtually nothing about the NX?

Pretty much yeah.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

http://i.imgur.com/tXjSvIV.png
4chan rumor is calling NX Nintendo Reach

jason1637 said:

I'm going to add it, but do you  think it is better placed in sourced or unsourced if it is 4chan?

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

2Quick said:
jason1637 said:

I'm going to add it, but do you  think it is better placed in sourced or unsourced if it is 4chan?

Its 4chan so unsourced should do.

jason1637 said:
2Quick said:

Its 4chan so unsourced should do.

ok.  updated.  Thanks for posting the rumor!

Proud Owner of:

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Around the Network

*NX Fantasy Round-up

bigtakilla said:
spemanig said:

That's like saying the PS4 is PS3 2.0.

It's going to be a completely different kind of playform. Having similar control inputs doesn't take away from that, especially when it will look and be branded completely different.

Isn't it essentially though? PS4 is pretty much the same thing as PS3, hence just the number change. Nintendo however has had its console hardware in eras. There was the NES era with NES and SNES. Then the 3D era with 64 and GC, then it had its gameplay changing era with Wii and Wii U.

Then Nintendo had said they are moving away from the Wii formula to try something different, but it doesn't seem that way. Based on everything we heard, it seems like Wii U 2.0, and PS4 being PS3 2.0 is kind of the perfect example.

Moving away from a formula doesn't mean they don't incorporate things from a previous forumla, the DS brand is a different formula from the GB brand but they're not very radically different from eachother in regards to the hardware approach. A formula and concept in a number of cases can't just be seen from supposed leaks and rumours, it may require seeing it's execution in practice.

TheSpindler said:

So how about some more rumours

-Dev in question will have his game out in December-seems to be a port, it's already out already, an RPG

-I posted a rumour a while back and someone asked him about it, he said-"A lot seems to be right mixed up with some very obvious bullshit to throw people off, I imagine. I can tell you this, the name is not what that post says it is."

-It's a more traditional console, no 'new' way to play. His devkit comes with a standard controller and a a controller with a screen(screen is capacitive)-he describes it as -"The touch screen one is a bit harder to describe- imagine, like, a Wii U Pro, but stretched, and with a small screen embedded in the middle".

-Nintendo is pushing online more than before

-It's not x86, porting could be difficult, but it is easy to develop for, no obvious bottlenecks.

- "there is no single metric where the console is weaker than the PS4. At worst it matches it. Development is extremely easy,"

-There are scrolling buttons-the L and R buttons(are clickable, can be depressed). The triggers are analog

-Knows nothing about the handheld. He speculates Nintendo might have some AR gimmicks, but not the central point of the console he thinks.

-Says the controller with the screen doesn't seem to be as expensive as the WIi U controller, no guidelines for remote play. He speculates they could sell it as two SKUs, one with the screen and one without. He thinks embedded remote play could be the selling point of the former.

-Nintendo plans a Q2 reveal of the console, he's been told to have a trailer and demo build ready, to be deployed at a short notice anytime starting April. -I'm guessing April Direct and Nintendo Treehouse intervies and demos maybe?-

-Specs wise
"It is more powerful than the PS4 by any sensible metric. Overall, it is at least slightly more powerful
12GB on ours. A substantial portion may not be available to games (we can only go as high as 6GB right now)
1TB embedded HDD, pretty sure this is not the case for the consumer version, though
I'll tell you it's not x86 (but you can probably guess what it is)"

-It aims for connectivity with mobile devices

-About Online
"The online is definitely far better this time around. In general, it seems like we can 'plug in' (so to speak) loads of online features into our games without having to worrying about whether the backend even supports them, that we never could on Nintendo systems before. There's not much online functionality in our game, but even basic features that were missing before are present here."
"From a features perspective, however, I can confirm they are on par with the competition this time =)"

-This post seems to be accurate to him
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4c1ji6/before_april_fools_rolls_around_i_want_to_clear/

-You are extremely unlikely to get any photo leaks before the NX is announced officially by Nintendo. The studios (that I know of) that are building / porting to NX only have access to software. Some of these are not particularly small studios either.
Based on the length of development cycles / porting time - if the NX launches this year, then most third party games will not be available until early - mid 2017. Software / frameworks are great to get a head start, but they won't even consider finalizing a game until it's been fully tested on hardware.
Developers who claim to have signed an NDA with Nintendo are most probably lying. The studio will be under NDA with Nintendo and the developers/designers will be under some form of NDA from their studio (not Nintendo). The only exception would be small indie developers and it's very unlikely Nintendo would provide them with a development kit until after the reveal.
NX games will be able to share information across multiple devices. I am not 100% sure what type of information this will be, but the functionality is (apparently) available to third party developers.

-On the OS
"The OS seems to be fully accessible while the game is running. I can confirm that multitasking is a thing. The devkit can interact with Android and iOS tablets and phones, as well as PCs and Macs (I specifically tested for a Mac). From what I have been able to gather- and this part is strictly speculation- I think that the console will be able to construct a full profile for you by having you just pair up with a smartphone or tablet or PC, without you having to set one up."
"You can do this with games, although obviously, you need to have the other device programmed to be able to communicate with the console. In simple terms, games with smartphone apps will be able to instantly connect with their apps on phones or tablets, without nonsensical logins and pairings and synchronizations, and what not."
It resembles Android the most, a very bloated OS, in its current form. OS reserves 6GB, seems to run mostly fine.

-On the console and its relation to its other versions and other console hardware
"I think this version of the game is definitive, at least on consoles. It looks the best, performs the best, and has extra content included."
"It is a powerful, flexible traditional console, with very minor gimmicks that don't get in the way. Very unlike Nintendo, at least the Nintendo of the last 15 years."
:Uh, I'll make this my last answer for now: if the PS4.5 is real, I think it and the NX should be reasonably matched."

Keep in mind however, his game is a port and is already out on PS4 and XBO, and he likely has not had hands on the PS4.5.

-The EXT port interests him, has no idea what it is for, Nintendo is mum on it-it reminds him of the port on the bottom of a GC-. He has never worked on Nintendo console before.

-Disc is 25GB, dual layered discs are specified in the documentation

-Has HDMI 2.0a, USB 3.0, SD card slots and a LAN port, well his devkit has one anyway, but he doesn't think it will be on the final console.

-No backwards compatibility with Wii U or 3DS hardware

-"It is not a true hybrid. Looking into it, a lot of Geno's information seems to be false. As for whether or not this will be a flop- I can't predict that. I think it should do well. It is a well designed, good console, powerful, and Nintendo's third party outreach seems to be better this time around. I guess as long as Nintendo markets it well, it should do better than Wii U or Gamecube."

-His game has been in development since October, the first couple of months were on a software kit.

-He thinks the price will come in at $399, he thinks $250 seems unlikely, $300 maybe more likely.

-Maybe no OS level achievements? Interactive achievements are a thing, more like challenges or missions, but his dev team are implementing them as achievements.

-He says the name is 'marketable', says the Wii U was a terrible name.

Yah that's it. Like my previous post with that leaker, take with a mount fuji of salt. Keep in mind too he also says some things are wrong about the other guy's stuff.

EDIT: Bah forgot to include link, https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4cnkr8/i_am_a_developer_working_on_an_rpg_for_the_nx_ask/?sort=confidence

I included both links you gave in the op, and put them in sourced, although I am not sure about the second one...  Do you think the secound should go in unsourced since it wasn't verified?

Also Thanks for providing the rumors!

Proud Owner of:

PxlStorm said:
*NX Fantasy Round-up

LOL

But actually though

Proud Owner of:

I'm honestly leaning more and more towards it being unwise for Nintendo to release a "conventional" console.

I just don't see a pathway to victory for them ... something even a little better than the PS4 is going to be dwarfed by the PS4K.

They are going to get stuck in no man's land like the GameCube was only the PS4 will have a far larger headstart.

Their best bet is that NX is something different/new BUT unlike the Wii has some kind of upgradable component (like the supplemental add-on patent Nintendo made) so it isn't gimped or completely tied to that novelty entirely.

Hybrid portable console with a new type of controller is probably their best bet. One that can still use a pro controller and has a supplemental home dock to increase horsepower. 

NX must be different from other consoles or its screwed though. If they wanted to release a PS4-competitor that needed to be released 3 years ago and they needed to have scrapped the Wii U realizing it was a bad idea before it even released. It's far too late to release a "make up" console for that situation now.