By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DanneSandin said:

Oh, that's interesting! Weird, didn't see any of her tweets. So it would be something like an advanced Wii U? I really wouldn't mind if the NX actually were two different kinds of devices, if that meant that the home console would be more powerful.

I had it linked in the post with the GPU specs, she said she'd keep it on her twitter as she didn't want much attention and sites bandwagoning on her info the were some interesting other claims.

Around the Network

The "duo" name and photo is neat. I wonder what the significant of the shape of the logo is? In particular the 3 lines in the upper right?

TheLastStarFighter said:
Yeah, Ruby ( and a few other sources ) have claimed to be from the retail channel and are getting info for a pending NX reveal. It is primarily a home console with an integrated handheld. The processing in the HC is either 2.5 Flops or 3.5 Flops from AMD depending on source, while the Handheld unit uses DMP tech (like 3DS). Ruby said the handheld is "barebones". I can see the HH being a decent upgrade from 3DS, just not a "home console on the go" type system. These rumors seem to go along with what we've heard from Ubisoft, where you could play the full Assassin's Creed game at home, then take a mobile experience with you that isn't at the same level. I think this batch of rumors is legit.

Note that Ruby also said the "gimmick" hasn't been leaked yet.

So it would kinda be like playing Ocarina of Time on the home console, and if you picked up the HH to play the same game it would be like A Link to the Past? It seems like a weird thing to do... I don't really need a home console on the go, but I would like something that isn't as bareboned as the 3DS; that console felt almost 5 years old when I got it like 3 years ago....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Yeah, Ruby ( and a few other sources ) have claimed to be from the retail channel and are getting info for a pending NX reveal. It is primarily a home console with an integrated handheld. The processing in the HC is either 2.5 Flops or 3.5 Flops from AMD depending on source, while the Handheld unit uses DMP tech (like 3DS). Ruby said the handheld is "barebones". I can see the HH being a decent upgrade from 3DS, just not a "home console on the go" type system. These rumors seem to go along with what we've heard from Ubisoft, where you could play the full Assassin's Creed game at home, then take a mobile experience with you that isn't at the same level. I think this batch of rumors is legit.

So it would kinda be like playing Ocarina of Time on the home console, and if you picked up the HH to play the same game it would be like A Link to the Past? It seems like a weird thing to do... I don't really need a home console on the go, but I would like something that isn't as bareboned as the 3DS; that console felt almost 5 years old when I got it like 3 years ago....

Yeah, it could be.  It could be like the PS4 and 3DS versions of DQXI.   But I think more likely the HH will have significantly more power than 3DS and be able to handle something in full 3D.  A scaled-down, low res version.  That said, several of the new leakers have said the HH is more about "apps" than games, and "interact with your games on the go", as opposed to playing them.  So that could be the case.  The HH could be weak and only able to stream real titles, and play much simpler software on the go.  That would cut costs.  It's also worth noting the Ruby said the HH is not a 3DS replacement.

DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

There is other upcoming examples though. DQ on NX HC will most likely be PS4 lvl graphics, and when you remove the game and play on the go, it will revert to the 3DS version.

At least that's my guess.

Around the Network

Hate to break it up to you guys, but...

Mr_No said:

Hate to break it up to you guys, but...

That's a shame.

TheLastStarFighter said:
The "duo" name and photo is neat. I wonder what the significant of the shape of the logo is? In particular the 3 lines in the upper right?

Edit: fake.

TheLastStarFighter said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, it could be.  It could be like the PS4 and 3DS versions of DQXI.   But I think more likely the HH will have significantly more power than 3DS and be able to handle something in full 3D.  A scaled-down, low res version.  That said, several of the new leakers have said the HH is more about "apps" than games, and "interact with your games on the go", as opposed to playing them.  So that could be the case.  The HH could be weak and only able to stream real titles, and play much simpler software on the go.  That would cut costs.  It's also worth noting the Ruby said the HH is not a 3DS replacement.

Ok, so she hasn't mentioned any HH as of yet? 'Cus at first i was thinking "Holy crap, that's shitty!!", what with the HH only being "app based" and you would only be able to interact (not play) with your games - BUT, if there will be a proper HH down the line which can play the HC games properly, I'm ok with that.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

In all honesty, the Ruby leaks seem far more plausible than the Eurogamer stuff. People are used to being disappointed by Nintendo lately, so the disappointing Euro stuff fed their insecurities. But Miyamoto himself said they need to cater better to core gamers because they are more loyal, and Iwata said their home console needs to appeal more to the west. It's silly to think Nintendo would make Tegra X1 tablet that plugs into your TV and sell it as a home console. The NX will no doubt involve a screen and detachable interfaces, but the system is almost assuredly a home console with a decent chip.