By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JEMC said:

I'm only using the info we've heard so far, and that means going back to use all the rumors about NX that we've gone through. After all, all this Ruby info is nothing more than a new, unproven, rumor and as the title of this thread clearly says, this thread is about all the NX rumors.

If you, because you like what he/she's saying, want to give Ruby more credibility than the other rumors, it's perfectly ok, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us have to do it too and can't compare what he/she is saying with the previous rumors.

No her rumour just happen to be the one we were discussing nothing about credibility as when you're debating something bringing in other topics and getting them mixed up is a flawed way to approach things. What she was claiming was a platform that is not a hybrid so you harping on about a hybrd platform using her claims is gettting your angles mixed up that's the point, you're mixing all different rumours together to try and make them fit when they're all not meant to hence why we were discussing Ruby as separate from the others because her claims weren't on the hybrid.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Nintendo Duo... I dunno, it really reminds me of the DS; Dual Screen. It's kinda treading the same old trail there

DS is their most succesfull HH so that comparisson should work in NX's advantage.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Soundwave said:
The whole AMD/DMP thing doesn't make sense.

These are two different companies with completely different architectures, the DMP chip is nothing like the Polaris chip (even setting architecture aside), any more than the 3DS chip is similar to the Wii U chip.

This is just SMD64's wishful thinking, it certainly wouldn't be a cohesive ecosystem of any type, not any more than Vita and PS4 are (for example). iPad and iPhone are a central ecosystem because they basically use the same family of processors (A9 and A9X for example made by the same company, basically the same chip just scaled up or down a bit).

You didn't read all the information she tweeted this month, under her claims the platform is not a hybrid it's 2 devices executing one concept, essentially the portable device is not a handheld it's just a more stand alone version of the gamepad but it's still barebones. The portable device just houses the interface and likely won't be able to play full games on the go unless some kind of streaming is present, the actual NX handheld that replaces 3DS hasn't been announced yet and will likely launch in 2018 under these claims. This is just the console and the controller.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
DanneSandin said:
Nintendo Duo... I dunno, it really reminds me of the DS; Dual Screen. It's kinda treading the same old trail there

DS is their most succesfull HH so that comparisson should work in NX's advantage.

Yeah, but that was over 5 years ago, since then they've had the relative failure of the 3DS - which isn't much of an achievment. Should/Would they want the NX to be compared to the 3DS? If that's the thinking behind naming things, they should be trying to compare it with NES or SNES; every single adult I know knows what they are/were.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

What's this talk about a Ruby? I just read Wyrdness' last post above mine about the NX being TWO different devices; one home console and one portable?

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
What's this talk about a Ruby? I just read Wyrdness' last post above mine about the NX being TWO different devices; one home console and one portable?

Ruby was someone who from the start of October was going to leak information each day until the reveal exclusively through her twitter which now seems to have been shut down, she had a lot of info and it differed significantly from other rumours. The platform meant to release in March which I'll just call it duo for now, under what she claimed Duo is 2 stand alone devices working together as a home console, the portable device in Duo is the controller and houses the interface and so on. Ruby claimed the portable device is bare bones so can't really replace 3DS, it's likely it won't play full on games either unless some advance streaming is present, under this it means that the is another platform on the way to replace the 3DS much later on.

The interesting thing about her claims are the specs, where as everyone has claimed around X1 level and such the specs she leaked put it on par with PS4 Pro.

I dunno. Nintenduo kinda rolls off the tongue well.

Wyrdness said:
DanneSandin said:

Ruby was someone who from the start of October was going to leak information each day until the reveal exclusively through her twitter which now seems to have been shut down, she had a lot of info and it differed significantly from other rumours. The platform meant to release in March which I'll just call it duo for now, under what she claimed Duo is 2 stand alone devices working together as a home console, the portable device in Duo is the controller and houses the interface and so on. Ruby claimed the portable device is bare bones so can't really replace 3DS, it's likely it won't play full on games either unless some advance streaming is present, under this it means that the is another platform on the way to replace the 3DS much later on.

The interesting thing about her claims are the specs, where as everyone has claimed around X1 level and such the specs she leaked put it on par with PS4 Pro.

Oh, that's interesting! Weird, didn't see any of her tweets. So it would be something like an advanced Wii U? I really wouldn't mind if the NX actually were two different kinds of devices, if that meant that the home console would be more powerful.

bunchanumbers said:
I dunno. Nintenduo kinda rolls off the tongue well.

I actually kind of like that name, it would fit the concept and is an easy name to differentiate.

Yeah, Ruby ( and a few other sources ) have claimed to be from the retail channel and are getting info for a pending NX reveal. It is primarily a home console with an integrated handheld. The processing in the HC is either 2.5 Flops or 3.5 Flops from AMD depending on source, while the Handheld unit uses DMP tech (like 3DS). Ruby said the handheld is "barebones". I can see the HH being a decent upgrade from 3DS, just not a "home console on the go" type system. These rumors seem to go along with what we've heard from Ubisoft, where you could play the full Assassin's Creed game at home, then take a mobile experience with you that isn't at the same level. I think this batch of rumors is legit.

Note that Ruby also said the "gimmick" hasn't been leaked yet.