By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

spurgeonryan said:
Who in Japan does not have a 3DS yet? How can it constantly outsell the vita when yt?the vita has more games as of late.....not including this week obviously.

Also nice that 3DS had the top game this week. I wonder how long Monster hunter, yokai and Dragon quest can hold it up though?

Kids who are just now old enough to buy a console.  people rebuying because their original broke.  There's 2 reasons why it still sells.  I'm sure there's more. 

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
PS4 did great. However, I'm a bit disappointed by Dark Souls 3's numbers. I was expecting at least 250k.

With digital it will be close. 

dark souls 3 did great

OneKartVita said:
spurgeonryan said:
Who in Japan does not have a 3DS yet? How can it constantly outsell the vita when yt?the vita has more games as of late.....not including this week obviously.

Also nice that 3DS had the top game this week. I wonder how long Monster hunter, yokai and Dragon quest can hold it up though?

Kids who are just now old enough to buy a console.  people rebuying because their original broke.  There's 2 reasons why it still sells.  I'm sure there's more. 

Also, snowball effect. If everyone arounds you has one, you may end up buying one too.

Damn wiiu shortages! Splatoon suffering hard! It won't become the best selling HC game this gen at this rate :( (still a chance though)

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
PS4 did great. However, I'm a bit disappointed by Dark Souls 3's numbers. I was expecting at least 250k.

I was expecting 250k at retail.

TheGoldenBoy said:
OneKartVita said:

Growth for the series?  You had high expectations given the current Japanese market!  Asian sales should see big growth though.  So overall it's probably going to be very good news. 

OneKartVita said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Growth for the series?  You had high expectations given the current Japanese market!  Asian sales should see big growth though.  So overall it's probably going to be very good news. 

Its not high expectations, he thinks the game sold well. Its just that COMG+YSO got many believing the game would do much better. Thats all. 

tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

Its not high expectations, he thinks the game sold well. Its just that COMG+YSO got many believing the game would do much better. Thats all. 

YSO predictions are based on COMG numbers. 

Aerys said:
PS4 really became thé king of Japan

Its amazing how it managed to sell over 20million hardware! And still manages to sometimes sell 30k+ after 5 years! 

Pocky Lover Boy!