By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Deadpool is Now The Highest-Grossing R-Rated Film of All Time

LemonSlice said:
Lawlight said:
In any case, hundreds of millions of marketing made this juvenile, made-for-teens movie successful.

Money spent on marketing is not a guarrantee for success. Besides, are you even familiar with Deadpool?

I am familiar with the character. I don't recall reading his comics though - maybe they were made for horny teens too.

Around the Network

I really wish that it was done by ticket sales instead of revenue, because inflation makes it impossible to compare to films of prior years.

Lawlight said:
LemonSlice said:

Money spent on marketing is not a guarrantee for success. Besides, are you even familiar with Deadpool?

I am familiar with the character. I don't recall reading his comics though - maybe they were made for horny teens too.

I don't see why a horny, juvenile, made-for-teens movie doesn't deserve to be successful. Maybe you prefer dull, drab, dour, pretentious made-for-academics superhero movies like Batman V Superman?

A movie for fans made by fans. What did I expect great to finally see a movie that does the character justice!

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

LemonSlice said:
Lawlight said:

I don't see why a horny, juvenile, made-for-teens movie doesn't deserve to be successful. Maybe you prefer dull, drab, dour, pretentious made-for-academics superhero movies like Batman V Superman?

I just prefer movies that don't try too hard to be Rated-R for the US audience and aren't dull for large segments of the movie.  The issue is that this is a short that they dragged to a full feature movie. They clearly didn't have the budget for that. It should have been a 45min feature.

Around the Network

Deadpool taking the top R rated spot.

Definitely a keeper of a film though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

spurgeonryan said:
More action and less of his spin jump thing and I will be happy.

Better story line and better writting is whats needed most, not action.

The humor in deadpool is often how badly he gets hurt trying varius stunts.

Penis jokes can only get you so far.

I want a 2nd movie that goes even closer to emulating the cartoons and comics of him.

Not another "action" movie that just happends to have a guy in deadpool costume in it.

Ticket inflation makes this, along with ALL "highest grossing" movies, pointless. Must adjust for inflation.

Well deserved!

what a matrix movie was rated R???