By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game so far this year?

Snoopy said:
Nothing so far, but I hope to god quantum break ends up being good. I see an 85 on metacritic for the game. I did wish it had multiplayer.

I don't think you'll be disappointed by Quantum Break. The previews have been good, and Remedy is a good studio.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Nothing so far, but I'm going to be buying a bunch of games in the next month or so. So odds are at least one of them will be disappointing.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I'm still buying games from 2014 and before hahah

I for one absolutely loved it. Got the special edition and definitely my 2nd favorite game of all-time.

Cloudman said:
Nem said:

This is definitly worrying because i invested 84 euros on the special edition and am gonna spend another 13 on the Ike amiibo. :x

Well, if you enjoyed Awakening, you should enjoy Fates as well, as well as more of a challenge, especially since Awakening seemed too easy.

Depends. I thought Fates was far weaker in the story department and had some highs and lows in terms of gameplay changes.

O/T: It's hard for me to really pick anything, especially this early in the year, since most games that have been labeled as disappointments are ones I've consequently decided to wait for a discount on. So with that said...I'll choose the Bayonetta DLC.

(Seriously, I've got nothing. Fates is all I've played extensively and even though I thought it was worse than Awakening, it's still really good)

Around the Network

Didn't really buy any 2016 game so nothing yet! :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

The only 2016 releases I've got so far were Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (N.America). Birthright is so far, at bare minimum, as good as Awakening was as far as I've played (Ch.17). Paper Jam? Alright, I'll admit even after reading reviews the quality of the story and writing (or comparative lack thereof) left me wanting. I still enjoyed it tremendously, and the writing and story are not nearly Sticker Star weak, but this was the first M&L game were I was actually somewhat tired by game's end.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

So far, only one game as been a disappointment and I have only played the first part of the game, so that may change. DKC TF. I was going into it expecting DKC 1/2 gameplay, but updated for 2014 and great music via David Wise. What I am seeing though, is a game that so far, is not nearly as responsive in controls, horrible loading times and no where NEAR as great music... even though it's the same guy who did the soundtrack.

I sure hope my opinion changes as the game goes on.

WC4Life said:
Street Fighter V

Agreed

FE Fates probably. Still pretty early as we haven't even finished 1/4 of year yet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.