Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live Games With Gold For April

BMaker11 said:

XBOne getting Sunset, meanwhile, I'm told to "stop bitching" and I should "be happy I'm being exposed to newer styles of games" when PS+ gets nothing but 2D side scrollers and I ask "why isn't a game like KZ: Shadowfall on there yet?"

Indies are sweet and they do diversify the library, but let's not forget why people actually got PS+ prior to it being mandated for online: for the AAA games.

Good job on MS for raising the bar this month. Maybe it'll force Sony to react properly. Doubt it, since PS4 keeps selling more, but maybe if people get vocal on social media, Sony will stop BSing. And that, in turn, will force MS to keep releasing AAA games on GwG, and everyone ends up winning. 

I mean, would it really be so awful to put, say, Need For Speed: Rivals up? A launch game?

I got it / get it for games I do not have. Triple a games several years old? I either have them - or don't want them. Hey look at this month - I have all of those games. If I had GWG - this month would be a 100% wash.

Need For Speed: Rivals is almost three years old. If you wanted it - why didn't you get it? Do you really want an almost three year game simply because it is triple A?

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network

All excellent games.
Best GWG month ever, imo.
Also, SO = one of my favorites games of this generation.

Ganoncrotch said:
Strange, Sunset Overdrive has 1.05m sales at retail (from VGchartz) and a good deal more Digital downloads I mean given the 20m X1 consoles sold that means that more than 1 in every 15-20 X1 owners will already have the game.

Still fantastic to see a AAA retail title appearing on the freebie list though and such a highly rated title at that, maybe there is a possible sequel on the way and they want to make sure everyone has tasted the high colour world that the game offers.

if there is indeed a sequel on the way, I'd be so happy. 

Bandorr said:
barneystinson69 said:

New isn't always better... Even though that seems out of character

It's subjective. Whether new is better than old is as subjective as whether someone is putting someone else to shame.

I personally prefer indies games that came out recently, as opposed to a game that came out in 2008.

It's new to anyone who hasn't played it before so when it came out really doesn't matter to some. 

d21lewis said:

Not trying to turn this into Sony vs M$ so I'll just say what I always say: when you're winning, you don't have to try as hard.

This gen, the PS4 is a runaway success. Things like free online or a ton of free top tier games are not what Sony has to do, these days. They don't have to win people over. That's why I always felt competition with other consoles is good. It made everyone try harder. Last gen, we all won.

Agreed.

People want Xbox to go away for some reason but that's the only thing encouraging Sony to be competitive and why PS4 was $299 during the holiday. Frankly, the last thing you want is your favorite console to be less competitive and therefore we need competition.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Sick month. Really wanted to play Dead Space again. Wanted to buy an XB1 for Sunset too.

Puts PS plus to shame. Damn.

Bandorr said:

Need For Speed: Rivals is almost three years old. If you wanted it - why didn't you get it? Do you really want an almost three year game simply because it is triple A?

Ya know... sometimes people can enjoy games they never got around to buying. You are also ignoring the audience that recently bought a console.

Frankly, there is a higher chance PS4 owners will enjoy NFS:Rivals more than something like Broforce. Sony has stuck with indie stuff because it cheaper to give out, not because it has strong appeal.

However, maybe its worth noting MS can potentially get better deals on content given the smaller userbase than PS4. Sony was giving out great content when PS+ had significantly less subscribers.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

very nice

poklane said:

That's an absolutely amazing month!

Boutros said:
That's an amazing month. Please learn Sony.

The PS4 titles for April already got leaked. Dead Star and The Park. Both games had their psn pre-orders canceled and Dead Star's developers outright confirmed it already.

You got a source for that?

poklane said:

That's an absolutely amazing month!

Boutros said:
That's an amazing month. Please learn Sony.

The PS4 titles for April already got leaked. Dead Star and The Park. Both games had their psn pre-orders canceled and Dead Star's developers outright confirmed it already.

I got PS+ as well as XBL Gold. Bring 'em on. I'm definitely not going to complain about free games!

mZuzek loves to pre-order