By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Independently Confirms Source PS4.5 Is Real

What I'm wondering is how it's effect OG PS4 versions of games. Like obviously games will have to work on both, that's a given, but that doesn't mean games will work WELL on both. Look at games like Hyrule Warriors Legends. The game is barely playable on the OG 3DS, but runs at 30fps on the N3DS with 3D off. I think you could be seeing a lot of that on PS4.5.

Around the Network

Edit

The PS5 Exists. 

spemanig said:
What I'm wondering is how it's effect OG PS4 versions of games. Like obviously games will have to work on both, that's a given, but that doesn't mean games will work WELL on both. Look at games like Hyrule Warriors Legends. The game is barely playable on the OG 3DS, but runs at 30fps on the N3DS with 3D off. I think you could be seeing a lot of that on PS4.5.

I doubt it, they chose 20fps on normal 3DS because the display and the resolution are very low, you wont notice 20fps on handhelds as much as on a console. They are also lazy devolopers, monster hunter 4 runs at 30fps on the normal 3DS

Ruler said:

I doubt it, they chose 20fps on normal 3DS because the display and the resolution are very low, you wont notice 20fps on handhelds as much as on a console. They are also lazy devolopers, monster hunter 4 runs at 30fps on the normal 3DS

Lmao, what?

In what alien alternate dimention is percieved framerate effected by form factor? Of course you will notice 20fps on handhelds as much a console.

Monster Hunter doesn't try to achieve anything the 3DS can't do like HWL does, which is the whole point. It has nothing do do with being lazy. The game is more demanding than most 3DS games, and it's not the first game where this happens. HWL was obviously made for the N3DS first, so I wouldn't be suprised seeing the same thing in OG PS4 versions of PS4.5 games. It's not like there's this standard of good performance on console games as is. They already regularly run like garbage. I don't see them suddenly becoming self concious because of PS4.5.

This obviously isn't exclusive to PS4.5, though. I'm sure the same will happen on NX and XBO.

spemanig said:
Ruler said:

Lmao, what?

In what alien alternate dimention is percieved framerate effected by form factor? Of course you will notice 20fps on handhelds as much a console.

Monster Hunter doesn't try to achieve anything the 3DS can't do like HWL does, which is the whole point. It has nothing do do with being lazy. The game is more demanding than most 3DS games, and it's not the first game where this happens. HWL was obviously made for the N3DS first, so I wouldn't be suprised seeing the same thing in OG PS4 versions of PS4.5 games. It's not like there's this standard of good performance on console games as is. They already regularly run like garbage. I don't see them suddenly becoming self concious because of PS4.5.

This obviously isn't exclusive to PS4.5, though. I'm sure the same will happen on NX and XBO.

not really on PS4 the games run at 1080p 30fps on average, they will have a lot more performance to down scale the game if they devolopers are lazy. And yes on smaller screen you wont notice lower frame rate or a low resolution. Just watch any gameplay video on youtube of a 3ds game and compare it how it looks and runs on your handheld

Around the Network

Ruler said:

not really on PS4 the games run at 1080p 30fps on average, they will have a lot more performance to down scale the game if they devolopers are lazy. And yes on smaller screen you wont notice lower frame rate or a low resolution. Just watch any gameplay video on youtube of a 3ds game and compare it how it looks and runs on your handheld

On average that framerate is rarely a stable 30fps at that standard, so I'm more than sceptical that games made for the PS4K will run even remotely well on the OG. It's run at that same unstable framerate on the PS4K, and run worse on the OG, because 90% of devs couldn't give a flying rats ass about a game running well. If they did, 60fps would be the standard and not the abysmal sub 30fps you're getting on most big budget games today. Call it lazy or whatever. It's most devs, and it's only gonna get worse when they start favoring the better tech.

Framerate has literally nothing to do with screensize. I can notice an animation running at a low clip on a smart watch, let alone a 3DS screen. You're making shit up. Of course a smaller screen makes up for a lower resolution. Pixel density ties in directly into percieved screen clarity. It's basic math. How often a screen refreshes every second has literally nothing to do with how small your screen is. That's just absurd.

spemanig said:

Ruler said:

On average that framerate is rarely a stable 30fps at that standard, so I'm more than sceptical that games made for the PS4K will run even remotely well on the OG. It's run at that same unstable framerate on the PS4K, and run worse on the OG, because 90% of devs couldn't give a flying rats ass about a game running well. If they did, 60fps would be the standard and not the abysmal sub 30fps you're getting on most big budget games today. Call it lazy or whatever. It's most devs, and it's only gonna get worse when they start favoring the better tech.

Framerate has literally nothing to do with screensize. I can notice an animation running at a low clip on a smart watch, let alone a 3DS screen. You're making shit up. Of course a smaller screen makes up for a lower resolution. Pixel density ties in directly into percieved screen clarity. It's basic math. How often a screen refreshes every second has literally nothing to do with how small your screen is. That's just absurd.

i dont make stuff up its the facts, it comes from expeirence on console- and high end PC-gaming

Ruler said:

i dont make stuff up its the facts, it comes from expeirence on console- and high end PC-gaming

I don't care if you've been gaming on NASA super computers that you've built and upgraded yourself for the last decade - framerate perception has nothing to do with screensize. What you are saying is a lie/blatantly wrong. 

Wall Street Journal has now chimed in but it's unlcear whether they're just going with the rumours or they have a source of their own. I question the fact it's suposedly coming this year to be honest:

Sony Corp. is planning to sell a more powerful version of its PlayStation 4 machine to handle higher-end gaming experiences, including virtual reality, people familiar with the matter said, while continuing production of its existing console that has so far sold more than 36 million units world-wide.

Existing PlayStation 4 owners would need to buy the new model to take full advantage of the enhanced graphics and power, though it is likely that the current model and the coming one would share the same software catalog, one of the people said.

The new console would be announced before the planned October release of the PlayStation VR, Sony’s new virtual-reality headset, the people said. It would be able to handle ultra-high-definition resolution graphics. The upgraded console would also provide more power for running the PlayStation VR, whose main competitors, Facebook Inc.’s Oculus Rift and HTC Corp.’s Vive, are designed to work with top-shelf computers.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Wall Street Journal has now chimed in but it's unlcear whether they're just going with the rumours or they have a source of their own. I question the fact it's suposedly coming this year to be honest:

Sony Corp. is planning to sell a more powerful version of its PlayStation 4 machine to handle higher-end gaming experiences, including virtual reality, people familiar with the matter said, while continuing production of its existing console that has so far sold more than 36 million units world-wide.

Existing PlayStation 4 owners would need to buy the new model to take full advantage of the enhanced graphics and power, though it is likely that the current model and the coming one would share the same software catalog, one of the people said.

The new console would be announced before the planned October release of the PlayStation VR, Sony’s new virtual-reality headset, the people said. It would be able to handle ultra-high-definition resolution graphics. The upgraded console would also provide more power for running the PlayStation VR, whose main competitors, Facebook Inc.’s Oculus Rift and HTC Corp.’s Vive, are designed to work with top-shelf computers.

Where there´s smoke there´s fire.This thing is most likely real.