By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Images of the NX Controller Surfaces!

spemanig said:
JRPGfan said:

But we've already seen a picture with the controllers digital buttons, and this doesn't happen.

Maybe buttons aren't always active. Maybe Devkits don't even have this kind of technology because they don't want to give out too much info about the controller...

Around the Network

Im not sure what Massive Enterteinment has to do with Nintendo (or if they are just hardware developers or whatever, im sure the Nintendo fans here will know more than me), i just wanted to share this here since i thought it was interesting.

And if this has been posted before then im sorry, i just wasnt willing to check all the 20+ pages to check that out...

Ka-pi96 said:
JRPGfan said:

Why you ask?

What is the purpose of makeing the controller like this? well....  google cardbord VR time:

Image from gameongreggy @neogaf.

This does kinda make sense for a gamepad with a huge display, if its thin and light.

If you can use smart phones for this... why not have your gamepad funktion as a VR device too?

Does that have the little sticks pointing out in to your face? Wouldn't that be kinda... uncomfortable?

You press the sticks onto your eyes and then control the game with your eyeballs.

Boy, if this controller is true I'll cry myself to sleep tonight... 
That I don't like it could be a good sign, I hated the Wii mote so I didn't get a Wii and that sold really well, but I'm still hoping that someone just started building fake NX controllers to troll the internet.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Just got diagnosed as having Atrial fibrillation (Heart disease). This thread and the Neogaf thread has relieved much of the stress and tension I got today. Neogaf is all about trees now. Soo funny!

estebxx said:

Im not sure what Massive Enterteinment has to do with Nintendo (or if they are just hardware developers or whatever, im sure the Nintendo fans here will know more than me), i just wanted to share this here since i thought it was interesting.

And if this has been posted before then im sorry, i just wasnt willing to check all the 20+ pages to check that out...

It has already been posted. (I actually read every page )

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
se7en7thre3 said:

gamepad is just over 10in wide, vita over 7 in. this thing:

16 cm translates to 6 inches.

well it converts to about 6.3 but it looks longer (pause, super pause), so what we're looking at is about 4-5 in of game play real estate.  Wonder what the resolution of this bad boy could be.  540, 720p?

Iyasu said:
estebxx said:

It has already been posted. (I actually read every page )

Cool, im already beyond tired of reading comments regarding this leaks in other sites so i couldnt be bothered to check.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm calling fake

1. its all ready damaged

2. Nintendo as far as devkits/prototypes dont just put ''this is confidential'' cheap stickers on stuff

3. Iwata stated: "Smart devices have no physical buttons. Playing games such as 'Super Mario' cannot be enjoyed." - Satoru Iwata, Feb. 2015.

Which this console is rumored to be ''for iwata'' as he was involved in this console before his passing

Three is true, but the patent.

Luke888 said:

Maybe buttons aren't always active. Maybe Devkits don't even have this kind of technology because they don't want to give out too much info about the controller...

That goes against the entire purpose of dev kits.

wombat123 said:
What I hate about the gamepad screen is that it's going to needlessly raise the price of the NX with a concept that was both largely unused on the Wii U and (outside of some outliers like Mario Maker and Splatoon) made gameplay awkward when they tried to implement it into anything other than inventory management or maps.

When those funds could have been used to make the console itself more powerful and in line with what should be expected of a console launching in 2016. Instead, we will likely see another underpowered Nintendo console.