By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Images of the NX Controller Surfaces!

Random_Matt said:
So let's assume the console has X1 specs and this is the controller. Price will be high, $499+ high.

you know Wii U gamepad made up for about 100$ out of the Wii U's price, right ?

Around the Network

I've got my thread ready to bump if that controller can double as a WiiU controller and play 3DS games.

The PS5 Exists. 

Haptic feedback, make the screen FEEL like something (like buttons, or grass, or sand or anything) is the only thing that can save this thing (and Nintendo). The core gamers doesn't want this and the casuals doesn't buy consoles any more. Who is this aimed for?!

I remember a rumour going around before the unveiling of the Wii U that that screen was going to use haptic feedback, maybe they're going to use it this time around? But it does look like quite a small screen to show actual gameplay AND have virtual buttons happening at the same time.

But doesn't this kinda confirm the actual design, or is this a leak from the same source that provided the first look of the controller, A few days ago?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Luke888 said:
Random_Matt said:
So let's assume the console has X1 specs and this is the controller. Price will be high, $499+ high.

Yep, dread to think how much this new thing costs, assuming it's not fake.

Luke888 said:
spemanig said:

But we've already seen a picture with the controllers digital buttons, and this doesn't happen.

Maybe buttons aren't always active. Maybe Devkits don't even have this kind of technology because they don't want to give out too much info about the controller...

How on earth can dev kits not have the technology that the console will feature? Developers quite literally use devkits to actually make the video games for the platform. Devkits have to all of the functionality of the console in order to be useful.

Around the Network

I hope the haptic (or whatever it's called) feedback thing really feels like real buttons or close to it or there's some way to add physical buttons to the thing. If it's not real then...that's better.

Is it called haptic feedback, the thing I described? Maybe I got two different words mixed up.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Random_Matt said:
Luke888 said:

Yep, dread to think how much this new thing costs, assuming it's not fake.

I don't think it'll come even near to what the gamepad costed, it's way smaller, the inside has to be wayyyyy less complex due to the presence of the sole touchpad+circlepads and IF it uses Tactus, the only possible expensive thing that I can find in this controller, it's 2012 tech, so it has to be crazy cheap nowdays...

potato_hamster said:
Luke888 said:

Maybe buttons aren't always active. Maybe Devkits don't even have this kind of technology because they don't want to give out too much info about the controller...

How on earth can dev kits not have the technology that the console will feature? Developers quite literally use devkits to actually make the video games for the platform. Devkits have to all of the functionality of the console in order to be useful.

As I said before, it's not like not having the hardware, it's like if on your regular controller you had only touchscreen where you have buttons, shure, it'd feel different, but the placement of the buttons would still feel comfortable, add to that the (possible) Tactus/haptic feedback and there you have it: innovative controller that can't be copied by competitors that still holds to it's roots while offering a new kind of gameplay...

Luke888 said:

nope, they can code it as a normal touch game (heck, even Nintendo as I stated could give them a software to place the buttons right away) and THEN, via Nintendo's software the final controller will understand when it has or hasn't to activate a Tactus button, it's that easy...

They can't do that. That'd have to actually code the buttons forming, code where they form, cold when they form, code the size, code the shape, code how and when the vibration works,  code the number of buttons. And then they would have to test it to actually see if he feels good and natural. You can't do anything without having the actual physical technology.