By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Images of the NX Controller Surfaces!

Looks ugly as hell. This have to be fake.

Around the Network
estebxx said:

Im not sure what Massive Enterteinment has to do with Nintendo (or if they are just hardware developers or whatever, im sure the Nintendo fans here will know more than me), i just wanted to share this here since i thought it was interesting.

And if this has been posted before then im sorry, i just wasnt willing to check all the 20+ pages to check that out...

Massive are the developer of The Division and are part of Ubisoft.

SpokenTruth said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Pretty much the same as a nipple.

But the domed plastic molding around that nub is solid.

It doesn't rotate.  You don't know if it is flexible. 

spemanig said:
Luke888 said:

Maybe buttons aren't always active. Maybe Devkits don't even have this kind of technology because they don't want to give out too much info about the controller...

That goes against the entire purpose of dev kits.

why ? Nintendo probably made the devkits so that they are touch but without Tactus so that developers can't give away the devkit to competitors that'll copy Nintendo, Iwata himself stated that they want to be shure that rival companies don't copy their devices in the future. The only thing needed is to go to a third party and tell them "ok, here you have devkit+ button placing software, you develop the game as if it was a mobile game and chose where it's best to have the buttons, then you publish it, the final version of the console will have our own tactus screens !!"

TheLastStarFighter said:
SpokenTruth said:

But the domed plastic molding around that nub is solid.

It doesn't rotate.  You don't know if it is flexible. 

Are you guys seriously still arguing if the joysticks can move ? dear God, have you ever seen a freakin' 3DS ? you don't see the hole under the circlepad unless you move it around, that's because the hole is BIGGER than the stick attached to the circlepad, that makes it possible for the circlepad to move END.

Around the Network

So let's assume the console has X1 specs and this is the controller. Price will be high, $499+ high.

Luke888 said:

why ? Nintendo probably made the devkits so that they are touch but without Tactus so that developers can't give away the devkit to competitors that'll copy Nintendo, Iwata himself stated that they want to be shure that rival companies don't copy their devices in the future. The only thing needed is to go to a third party and tell them "ok, here you have devkit+ button placing software, you develop the game as if it was a mobile game and chose where it's best to have the buttons, then you publish it, the final version of the console will have our own tactus screens !!"

Because the entire purpose of a dev kit is to allow developers to use the tech to make software, something you cannot do without any tech. You can't  just program something like that through imagination.  They have to code the tactus buttons in their games,  something they can't do without tactus buttons on the dev kit.

Whether it's real or not, i'm seriously excited for the NX to be revealed just so everyone can finally know what this thing is.

If this really is the controller I look forward to seeing what is capable with it and how it will be used.

The controller is the last thing I worry for Nintendo about with the NX, I just hope they made it powerful enough to where it will get 3rd party support, unlike the Wii U.

Honestly this is more of Nintendo catering for the casuals. Casuals play phone games with no buttons, they don't cate about the older fans.

spemanig said:
Luke888 said:

Because the entire purpose of a dev kit is to allow developers to use the tech to make software, something you cannot do without any tech. You can't  just program something like that through imagination.  They have to code the tactus buttons in their games,  something they can't do without tactus buttons on the dev kit.

nope, they can code it as a normal touch game (heck, even Nintendo as I stated could give them a software to place the buttons right away) and THEN, via Nintendo's software the final controller will understand when it has or hasn't to activate a Tactus button, it's that easy...