By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

SubiyaCryolite said:
KLXVER said:

Thats the thing though. You blame the hardware for games performing worse. I blame lazy ports from publishers. The WiiU can run any 360 and PS3 game.

Are the games I mentioned on the 360? You may not have noticed but publishers have largely abandoned those systems.

Actually yes, Rise of the Tomb Raider is on 360...

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
KLXVER said:

Thats the thing though. You blame the hardware for games performing worse. I blame lazy ports from publishers. The WiiU can run any 360 and PS3 game.

Are the games I mentioned on the 360? You may not have noticed but publishers have largely abandoned those systems.

You said that last gen games performed worse. He told you it's not because of the hardware. You're talking about 2 different things here :P

WOW really?

They should make quite a big production now then - there it goes - only one limited edition.... the console I own more games ever - I love Wii U.

Switch!!!

MohammadBadir said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

You said that last gen games performed worse. He told you it's not because of the hardware. You're talking about 2 different things here :P

I mentioned current gen games, he brought up "360 games"

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Blood_Tears said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

You may not have noticed but publishers have largely abandoned those systems.

Tomb Raider is but he other 3-4 games I mentioned arent

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Blood_Tears said:

You may not have noticed but publishers have largely abandoned those systems.

Tomb Raider is but he other 3-4 games I mentioned arent

I agree with your point overall, just pointing out your error is all. Also, Black Ops II is on 360 as well as Black Ops III.

Look guys I know it hurts but the facts are slowly but surely becoming undeniably real. Production has halted and that cements the Wii U as the biggest fiasco since the Dreamcast.

Blood_Tears said:

I agree with your point overall, just pointing out your error is all. Also, Black Ops II is on 360 (crossgen and on the Wii U) as well as Black Ops III (with no single player).

True but the point stands. 7th gen ports are either gimped, too far between or non existent. So even if the Wii U was built to handle "360 games" it was short sighted and lazy.

reggin_bolas said:

Look guys I know it hurts but the facts are slowly but surely becoming undeniably real. Production has halted and that cements the Wii U as the biggest fiasco since the Dreamcast.

Even if they didn't stop production, this is pretty much undeniably the truth. 

Namiirei said:
Paatar said:
This would honestly make me not want to support Nintendo anymore.

That's what i will do. 

I was already disapointed with the Wiiu and 3ds, i won't get another nintendo system anymore, ESPECIALLY NOT BEFORE 3/4 YEARS !

I have all nintendo system, but i stop here, i had enough.

3DS ? Disappointing ? HELLO ? what were you expecting ?