By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

How is it not?

Because it has nothing to do with what Spemanig said. Just because PS/XB are selling better doesnt mean that Sony/Microsoft wouldnt love to have huge 1st party IP that Nintendo has.

and Im sure Nintendo would love to have Uncharted and Halo. Whats your point?

Around the Network
Luke888 said:

but that's the point , MK9 will be ready to release whenever they want in 2017, probably if they wanted they could have rushed it to launch title since MK8 released may 2014, they can release Pikmin at launch and have just one First Party title in the gap febbruary (since Launch titles will take January too to complete) - april ...

You treat Pikmin as if it isn't that big of an IP but let me ask: when was the last time NIntendo strongly advertised a Pikmin game ? because as far as I know they never did, or if they did it shure wasn't at the same level as say Splatoon or Mario Kart. but still it managed to sell 1M+ with each entry, most of the times on struggling home consoles...

I highly doubt we'll see a new Mario Kart that soon. With BC, all Nintendo has to do is push MK8 on their eshop. None of that really matters. Who cares how much Pikmin sold? How many Wii Us did it sell? Not enough, because Pikmin isn't a killer app. It's a library filler. That's not a bad thing at all, but business wise, there is no reason to waste Pikmin 4's potential as a way to fill in the NX's library consistancy just to bloat the NX's launch line up. People are already spending hundreds of dollars on this thing. Most people will be buying Zelda with it and many people will be buying Smash with it. Let's say the NX launches with another killer app, that's three games that will likely sell for $60, plus the big 3rd party games.

In what possible universe does Pikmin 4 not fair dead last in the heirarchy of games people buy for it at launch if it's another one of those launch games. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Nintendo needs to pace these releases evenly. Pikmin will fair WAY better right after launch than it would at launch, and it would be much better for the NX too.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Saying that game is bad and saying that looks interesting are very different things. Nobody can show you that game isn't or it is Sticker Star 2 because we still dont know almost anything about game.

Ah so you're in denial then. Welp I'm not gonna waste my time with one who can't see what's right in front of them.

Sry, I didnt realise that I talking with person who already played game while I saw just one small video. :)

Mario Kart 9 is certainly in development, probably deep into development.

Splatoon 2, Mario NX, probably Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing NX too.

I would not be surprised if Nintendo was able to release all these games within the NX's first year (Nov 2016-Nov 2017).

That is the one upside to ditching the Wii U earlier ... the NX will benefit a lot from that.

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

Because it has nothing to do with what Spemanig said. Just because PS/XB are selling better doesnt mean that Sony/Microsoft wouldnt love to have huge 1st party IP that Nintendo has.

Im sorry that you cant follow what is going on, he said other companies would love to have IP as popular as Nintendo does, then u brought up something that has nothing to do with what he said. Now ur just going around in circles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Luke888 said:

but that's the point , MK9 will be ready to release whenever they want in 2017, probably if they wanted they could have rushed it to launch title since MK8 released may 2014, they can release Pikmin at launch and have just one First Party title in the gap febbruary (since Launch titles will take January too to complete) - april ...

You treat Pikmin as if it isn't that big of an IP but let me ask: when was the last time NIntendo strongly advertised a Pikmin game ? because as far as I know they never did, or if they did it shure wasn't at the same level as say Splatoon or Mario Kart. but still it managed to sell 1M+ with each entry, most of the times on struggling home consoles...

I highly doubt we'll see a new Mario Kart that soon. With BC, all Nintendo has to do is push MK8 on their eshop. None of that really matters. Who cares how much Pikmin sold? How many Wii Us did it sell? Not enough, because Pikmin isn't a killer app. It's a library filler. That's not a bad thing at all, but business wise, there is no reason to waste Pikmin 4's potential as a way to fill in the NX's library consistancy just to bloat the NX's launch line up. People are already spending hundreds of dollars on this thing. Most people will be buying Zelda with it and many people will be buying Smash with it. Let's say the NX launches with another killer app, that's three games that will likely sell for $60, plus the big 3rd party games.

In what possible universe does Pikmin 4 not fair dead last in the heirarchy of games people buy for it at launch if it's another one of those launch games. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Nintendo needs to pace these releases evenly. Pikmin will fair WAY better right after launch than it would at launch, and it would be much better for the NX too.

It's just fact that MK games release 3 years one after the other, MK8 released in 2014 and MK7 in 2011, MK Wii in 2008 and so on...

Miyamotoo said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Ah so you're in denial then. Welp I'm not gonna waste my time with one who can't see what's right in front of them.

Sry, I didnt realise that I talking with person who already played game while I saw just one small video. :)

Dont worry. Nintendo will make The Thousand Year Door available on the NX VC and he`ll be in a good mood again

KLXVER said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

It wasnt. It sold terribly, had no appeal and its hardware was simply too outdated. Power aside sticking to ancient architucture was just shortsighted and arrogant. I personally sold all but 2 of my Wii U games. Its completely useless to anyone who isnt a die-hard Nintendo fan. I cant recommend it to most people in good conscience.

Well I can still play my NES, so I guess we have different views on outdated hardware...

When I talk about hardware Im maily referring to shutting out 3rd party games. Titles like Alien: Isolation, Evolve and Grand Theft Auto V could have had compelling Wii U ports but Nintendo clearly didnt give a damn about 3rd partys or people who like 3rd party games aka most gamers.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Ka-pi96 said:

Ya know, the Gamecube wasn't that far off the PS2 in terms of 3rd party support. And it had third party exclusives (RE 4, MGS Twin Snakes). Yet it certainly didn't win by a landslide...

GCN wasn't the cheapest DVD player on the market and it used the dev-hated mini disks. The GCN wasn't a well designed machine for its market at all. People also like to pretend the PS1 and PS2's success wasn't as based on as much of a hardware gimmick as the Wii was.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

Im sorry that you cant follow what is going on, he said other companies would love to have IP as popular as Nintendo does, then u brought up something that has nothing to do with what he said. Now ur just going around in circles.

Sure they would love to have them, but their consoles are still outselling Nintendo consoles. So how much do they really want them? Who do you think needs what most? Sony and MS consoles needing Nintendo IPs or Nintendo consoles needing 3rd party?