By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

Dr.Vita said:
That is really a bad news.
This shows again that Nintendo is trying everything to make people forget about Wii U...
This is also another proof that NX will be a home console and will launch in 2016.

Is it bad news? I mean are you getting a WiiU?

Around the Network

Never mind, I can fully focus on my PS4 now. I shall not bother with NX and just spend my cash on PS4 games instead

Makes sense to me. I can't really see why current Wii U owners would be so upset with this. It's not like giving the Wii U a fifth year would give add any meaningful software. Pretty much every big game you could realistically expect of the platform has released; only Zelda remains and that will come later this year.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Makes sense to me. I can't really see why current Wii U owners would be so upset with this. It's not like giving the Wii U a fifth year would give add any meaningful software. Pretty much every big game you could realistically expect of the platform has released; only Zelda remains and that will come later this year.

Pretty much. Nintendo fans that got the WiiU early are ready for a new console. If you bought the WiiU in the last year, then you should have known that this might happen. I love the WiiU, but if Nintendo is done with it, then its time for a new console.

Huh. That's quite soon, systems normally get a little bit of time after their successors release.

Good thing my WiiU box is still in mint condition lol.

Around the Network

This is so bad if true,they dont back up and support there product just replace and make a new one of it fails...this wont go good on Nintendo, nx can't compete against the ps4

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Hiku said:

Just didn't want to be presumptoous about that until people test it, but I would not be surprised, unfortunately.

Fair enough, though anyone who's played Sticker Star has essentially played Color Splash so we can safely say it'll be bad. Nintendo themselves don't even think highly of it with how they announced it.

KLXVER said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Pretty much. Nintendo fans that got the WiiU early are ready for a new console. If you bought the WiiU in the last year, then you should have known that this might happen. I love the WiiU, but if Nintendo is done with it, then its time for a new console.

Also, if someone just recently bought a Wii U, I doubt they've played all the great games on the system. So they'll have plenty games to choose from still.

xl-klaudkil said:
This is so bad if true,they dont back up and support there product just replace and make a new one of it fails...this wont go good on Nintendo, nx can't compete against the ps4

Neither can the WiiU, so why not try something new?

Ok i think this is the last nail in the coffin. NX is coming out this Holiday guys. This ''rumor'' just made me a beliver as well. Then show me what you got this time Nintendo!