By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Evolution Studios Closed

Perhaps microsoft can give them a job^^

Around the Network

I thought this would be the case. Evolution knew for a while, hence the name of the recent expansion:

The long Goodbye
So let's cut to the chase
We're Clocking Off.

Actually, this is a really poignant way of saying goodbye. Well done Evolution

The PS5 Exists. 

^ Yeah I noticed that last night.
I guess the Evolution studio challenges will stop updating too.

SvennoJ said:

I don't think the challenges will stop. Sony will continue adding to the DRIVECLUB service.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
SvennoJ said:

I don't think the challenges will stop. Sony will continue adding to the DRIVECLUB service.

The user challenges will of course keep going, just wondering about these

I guess they were set by developers on the team, never saw any familiar names though. The community is too good for them to stay at the top.

Seems like they had slowed down to one a week already, last update 3 days ago.

The community challenges worked better anyway. However Evolution hasn't released the trick yet to make wet road races without it raining. Reserved to their challenges.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
darkenergy said:

One is third person while the other is first-person, not really a good comparison.

That was my point. Unless you think GT and DC are the same thing.

Ops, looks like I misunderstood.

Proud to be a Californian.

DEAD_ORIGINAL said:
SvennoJ said:

That's like saying Gears or war never made sense, MS have Halo, no need for another shooter.
DC is a great cross between PGR and NFS when that was still a good track racer. What other arcade like track racer is there?

Burnout is gone, Motorstorm gone, PGR is gone, GRID is absent, NFS is bleh. So all we have if FH2 and DC for a bit of arcade racing. Maybe Trackmania turbo can fill the itch, overall it's been a poor showing for racers this gen. At least Dirt Rally is coming to give the lackluster WRC series some competition.

Mario Kart ultimate arcade racer. Fact is there's too many racing games.

Mario Kart isn't an arcade racer. It is a party multiplayer game.

Forza Horizon 2 currently holds the crown of best 8th gen Arcade Racer for me.

SvennoJ is correct in what he says. Arcade racers have taken an absolute pummelling over the past few years. There are so few left now :( sad as it is my favourite Genre. One of the best things that came out of getting a decent Gaming PC, was the ability to ressurect some of last gen's great Arcade Racers (Criterion Need for Speeds etc.) and run them in 1080p/60fps.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

This is just out of curiosity, not flame war, or console war. Has Nintendo closed a single studio in the last two generations? I know Microsoft got rid of my favorite by them Ensemble in Gen 7 and Sony got rid of my favorite by them which was Zipper.

Acevil said:
This is just out of curiosity, not flame war, or console war. Has Nintendo closed a single studio in the last two generations? I know Microsoft got rid of my favorite by them Ensemble in Gen 7 and Sony got rid of my favorite by them which was Zipper.

I don't think so, but I don't think they have anywhere near as many studios as the other platforms either.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

What exactly makes car racing games artistically different? I mean, their goal is to simulate real world racing, with real world cars. Aside from game modes, and tracks, wouldn't that make them all play the same? What is the gameplay difference between Forza, Gran Turismo, Drive Club, etc?