By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many people are droppiing cable/sat for PlayStation Vue?

Are you getting PS Vue

Yes, dropping my current provider 36 19.46%

Yes, had no TV but am going to get Vue 9 4.86%

Maybe, need to try the trial first 34 18.38%

Maybe, but still need this or that channel 15 8.11%

No, not willing to leave ... 44 23.78%

No, have no TV and don't want it 46 24.86%

Total:184

Just curious to see how many gamers are looking to take their money donation out of the cable/sat industry, and start putting it towards building a stronger PlayStation Network instead. 

For those that don't know PlayStation Vue is available nation wide in the US for $29.99 up to $44.99. The service can be streamed to (5) devices at once, and supports multiple accounts, and unlimited (28) day DVR functionality. Vue is available on PS4, PS3, Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire TV, iPad, iPhone, and Chromecast Via iOS. Android and Xbox owners can also use the Watch and Now apps from Google Play and Xbox Marketplace to watch shows on those devices via their Vue account. 

Looking forward to Vue taking over the TV industry, and bring massive amounts of revenue and profit to make PSN an even better service for gamers, tv watchers, music lovers, and and just lovers of all forms of entertainment in general.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I would be interested in other options, but I still need live sports. There are no options out there that has everything I need at a much lower cost. So, I stick with DirecTV.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I dropped satellite long ago. It was far too expensive for the tiny amount of television I watch. I do intend to give the Vue trial a spin, though. Sports are the main thing I miss. I just wish it had PC support.

I don't watch tv and i doubt this will come to Australia or New Zealand. The only tv service id pay for is something that has Rugby

Shadow1980 said:
Probably not. I watch a lot of TV, including network & local TV, but I usually don't get to watch everything live so I DVR a lot of programs. Apparently, you can DVR cable programs on PS Vue, but it seems that for ABC, CBC, NBC, and Fox, I'd have to invest in an HD antenna (not too expensive) and a standalone DVR (potentially expensive and might require a subscription of its own). Overall, it seems that to have the same equivalent setup to what I have right now with DirecTV, I'll end up spending about the same amount of money.

Don't you have an Xbox One?

Around the Network

I think most people who even consider using internet services just use YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

I doubt Playstation Vue is gonna get much traction being exclusive to a few TV devices.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Does Sony offer something similar to NFL Sunday Ticket? I'd totally sign up for that. Otherwise no, I have no interest in paying for PS Vue.

Shadow1980 said:
Probably not. I watch a lot of TV, including network & local TV, but I usually don't get to watch everything live so I DVR a lot of programs. Apparently, you can DVR cable programs on PS Vue, but it seems that for ABC, CBC, NBC, and Fox, I'd have to invest in an HD antenna (not too expensive) and a standalone DVR (potentially expensive and might require a subscription of its own). Overall, it seems that to have the same equivalent setup to what I have right now with DirecTV, I'll end up spending about the same amount of money.

Actually, ABC, NBC, and Fox are available nation wide, on Vue. They are only offering DVR/On Demand for those three channels at the moment. CBS is also available in select markets, with intent to reach more areas over the coming weeks. I definilty think it is worth giving the 7 day trial a spin, if it may save you money, and declutter your house. I mean it can't hurt anything.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I've already informed my wife that in May our 2 year deal with Directv ends, and we are moving to Vue.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Mr Puggsly said:
I think most people who even consider using internet services just use YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

I doubt Playstation Vue is gonna get much traction being exclusive to a few TV devices.

I would say for the most part your right about those services, but they have also never had the option of a service like Vue before this. The only thing close in Sling and it is already doing quite well. So that gives me pretty good reason to belive a much better offering like Vue stands a good chance of succeeding. 

As for devices, Vue is going already out on PS3, PS4, Amazon Fire Stick/ Fire TV, iPad/ iPhone, and Chromecast. It is also coming to many more devices in the near future according to the latest official blog post. Once they have it out for Univeral Windows and Android, I think they can easily rack up a couple million subscribers. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Does Sony offer something similar to NFL Sunday Ticket? I'd totally sign up for that. Otherwise no, I have no interest in paying for PS Vue.

They are not offering anything like that at the moment, but the service is set up for premium services a la carte, so it is definilty possible some sort of NFL extreme package could become available once Football ramps back up this fall.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL