By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many people are droppiing cable/sat for PlayStation Vue?

Are you getting PS Vue

Yes, dropping my current provider 36 19.46%

Yes, had no TV but am going to get Vue 9 4.86%

Maybe, need to try the trial first 34 18.38%

Maybe, but still need this or that channel 15 8.11%

No, not willing to leave ... 44 23.78%

No, have no TV and don't want it 46 24.86%

Total:184
twintail said:
are there live sports?

also cna it be used outside of US?

Live Sports local sports are available in all markets with no Blackouts, however, there are a few channels/networks that have yet to come to terms. For Example ROOT Sports is not available in the North West so no live Mariners games, however CSN is available so all Portland Trail Blazer games air live on Vue. Also any Sporting event aired over ESPN, Fox Sports, TBS, or any other cable network is live as well. So no black outs on MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc. even for in market games.

Unfortunatly, Vue is only available in 204 markets across the US at this time. Hopefully, with success across the states, Sony will look into expanding Vue to Canada, and the European territories. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
Solid-Stark said:
No since it can only be used on one PS4, PS3, and iPad (last I checked). Need this to work on at least three "boxes" and simultaneously.

It actually also works on Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, iPhone, Ipad, and Chromecast via iOS based devices. So, you can stream up to five completely different streams if you have any combonation of those devices.

I've gotten it too stream on both my firetvs simultaneously. The single device type for multistreaming limitation is ONLY on ps3/ps4, and supposedly only until the incoming fix. Its essentially a limitation on how psn recognizes users and then connects to vue.

That said, it FEELS 100% smoother and more responsive on PS4. However, thats to be expected when there is OS support rather than being just an android/ios app.

Literally from the interview "I don't even know Kojima...at all, really"
He continues to say that Kojima was upset that Hayter got popularity for the role, and then admits that it's just pure conjecture with no basis in evidence.

He just sounds butthurt.
I still love both of them, but he's saying he didn't even really work with kojima, and they don't even speak the same language. I dunno man, I feel like communication was crossed here.

sabvre42 said:
KBG29 said:

It actually also works on Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, iPhone, Ipad, and Chromecast via iOS based devices. So, you can stream up to five completely different streams if you have any combonation of those devices.

I've gotten it too stream on both my firetvs simultaneously. The single device type for multistreaming limitation is ONLY on ps3/ps4, and supposedly only until the incoming fix. Its essentially a limitation on how psn recognizes users and then connects to vue.

That said, it FEELS 100% smoother and more responsive on PS4. However, thats to be expected when there is OS support rather than being just an android/ios app.

Very cool, I only just bought a Fire TV Box since Sony decided to support it over the PSTV. This will be good info for people looking for a cheaper way to reach multiple rooms. 

Hopefully they fix the PS3/4 issue soon. I have multiples of each, and it would be major if I could keep logged in while another housemate wants to watch TV.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Shadow1980 said:
Probably not. I watch a lot of TV, including network & local TV, but I usually don't get to watch everything live so I DVR a lot of programs. Apparently, you can DVR cable programs on PS Vue, but it seems that for ABC, CBC, NBC, and Fox, I'd have to invest in an HD antenna (not too expensive) and a standalone DVR (potentially expensive and might require a subscription of its own). Overall, it seems that to have the same equivalent setup to what I have right now with DirecTV, I'll end up spending about the same amount of money.

Actually, ABC, NBC, and Fox are available nation wide, on Vue. They are only offering DVR/On Demand for those three channels at the moment. CBS is also available in select markets, with intent to reach more areas over the coming weeks. I definilty think it is worth giving the 7 day trial a spin, if it may save you money, and declutter your house. I mean it can't hurt anything.

the problem is even though Cable/DirecTv are rip offs (for what it costs them compared to what they charge), those service packages generally allow like hundred of channels/networks to be viewed at any time, whole series 'On Demand' and with recording abilities.

Playstation Vue might be a nice option but I doubt it can compete with the amount of material some of the more expensive traditional services allow. Its hard to abandon Cable or Satellite TV if you're the type of person who digs watching live sports and live TV shows with company or whatever :/

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
KBG29 said:

Actually, ABC, NBC, and Fox are available nation wide, on Vue. They are only offering DVR/On Demand for those three channels at the moment. CBS is also available in select markets, with intent to reach more areas over the coming weeks. I definilty think it is worth giving the 7 day trial a spin, if it may save you money, and declutter your house. I mean it can't hurt anything.

the problem is even though Cable/DirecTv are rip offs (for what it costs them compared to what they charge), those service packages generally allow like hundred of channels/networks to be viewed at any time, whole series 'On Demand' and with recording abilities.

Playstation Vue might be a nice option but I doubt it can compete with the amount of material some of the more expensive traditional services allow. Its hard to abandon Cable or Satellite TV if you're the type of person who digs watching live sports and live TV shows with company or whatever :/

I would actually argue that Vue offers more On Demand/DVR content due to the fact that it is cloud based and unlimited. You have a point though with the live sports. In the Seven markets that currently have live local channels, it is pretty much a draw, but for the rest of the nation, not having CBS, and Fox is huge due to the shear amount of sporting events they carry. 

It will definitly take some work on Sony's part to get these local channels available everywhere, and it is going to take a good number of people ditching the Cable and Satellite to give them any bargaining power. Hopefully people will look and decide that saving $50 - 100  a month or $600 - $1200 a year is worth missing a couple of events and programs, in the interest of progressing the television industry, and helping themself and others by supporting a more consumer oreinted business model.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

theprof00 said:
He continues to say that Kojima was upset that Hayter got popularity for the role, and then admits that it's just pure conjecture with no basis in evidence.

He just sounds butthurt.
I still love both of them, but he's saying he didn't even really work with kojima, and they don't even speak the same language. I dunno man, I feel like communication was crossed here.

Wrong thread?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pokoko said:
I dropped satellite long ago. It was far too expensive for the tiny amount of television I watch. I do intend to give the Vue trial a spin, though. Sports are the main thing I miss. I just wish it had PC support.

http://astream.eu/

480/720p live streams of games. If I ever am bored, I go to this website and find a game to watch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

outlawauron said:

theprof00 said:

He just sounds butthurt.

Wrong thread?

I think something mustve happened with my phone and the back button. I'm not sure how it happened, but it looks like some kind of bug