I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Super_Boom said:

I actually preferred Naruto/Sakura for a while, but realized early on where it was going on. I liked Hinata at first, but lost interest after the author shot her to near irrelevance for the majority of the story. Heck, even her own backstory arc shifted to make her cousin look more sympathetic than she was. The final straw for me was when Neji was killed off for no apparent reason other than to make her look good. After completely ignoring her for most of the story, throwing away another character just to build her up just felt awkward, clumsy, and objectively terrible writing.

Not that Sakura was much better of course. Pretty sure the author just didn't care about his female characters in general, based on Sakura's horrible conclusion, and how every female character ended up as a freaking housewife. Seems like I wasn't alone at least...apparently at some Jump festival, Chie Nakamura (Sakura's seiyuu) flat out told the author to "shut up" after he mentioned how much he loved Sakura's character. 

As much as I like shipping, I wish authors of these long running battle manga would stop trying to shoehorn romance into the story where it isn't really needed. It can be fine within limits, but Naruto and Bleach are prime examples of how it doesn't work if the author doesn't care to expand on the theme. We won't have to worry about that with One Piece at least.

And that's why I love One Piece. No romance, no shipping (not saying those are bad) just a group of good friends following their dreams.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Mike321 said:

And that's why I love One Piece. No romance, no shipping (not saying those are bad) just a group of good friends following their dreams.

Tell that to Boa

Meh that's more a "gag" that a romance tbh.

BraLoD said:

She doesn't think it's a gag, tho...

Also, Usopp has his girl settled, so I have no reason to ship on OP, indeed
But there actually is shipping, I see people going for Robin/Zoro or Robin/Franky stuff, when we all know Zoro will be sticking with Tashigi.

Those ships are harmless because I don't think Oda will ever listen to them and I also don't think he'll ever pair the strawhats.

BraLoD said:

But there actually is shipping, I see people going for Robin/Zoro or Robin/Franky stuff, when we all know Zoro will be sticking with Tashigi.

Mike321 said:

Those ships are harmless because I don't think Oda will ever listen to them and I also don't think he'll ever pair the strawhats.

As I recall, a fan asked Oda one time if Luffy would marry Nami or Hancock, to which Oda responded with "If you want romance, go read a shoujo." 

I'm sure it's possible that he might hook them up after a time-skip...but any romance in the story proper is just going to be one-sided gags. Which is fine to me...if Oda doesn't want to do romance, he certainly doesn't need to.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

As I recall, a fan asked Oda one time if Luffy would marry Nami or Hancock, to which Oda responded with "If you want romance, go read a shoujo." 

I'm sure it's possible that he might hook them up after a time-skip...but any romance in the story proper is just going to be one-sided gags. Which is fine to me...if Oda doesn't want to do romance, he certainly doesn't need to.

Never heard that quote but is quite reassuring

And like I said I don't have anything against romance and that kind of stuff but Oda never established romance as part of the story so he shouldn't just hook everyone just for the sake of it. I'm pretty sure he won't do it and that's why I love him so much.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
psychicscubadiver said:
Late to the party as usual, but I very much enjoyed the links to the 'Hall of Anal Devastation'. I can honestly see some of the IchigoxRukia shippers points, despite being amused by their zealotry, but I still don't understand the SakuraNaruto people. Shit, I'm not even a shipper and knew it was going to be Hinata. C'mon, the only girl that supports and declares her love for an MC that is starved for affection since childhood? No shit, she was going to win.

I actually preferred Naruto/Sakura for a while, but realized early on where it was going on. I liked Hinata at first, but lost interest after the author shot her to near irrelevance for the majority of the story. Heck, even her own backstory arc shifted to make her cousin look more sympathetic than she was. The final straw for me was when Neji was killed off for no apparent reason other than to make her look good. After completely ignoring her for most of the story, throwing away another character just to build her up just felt awkward, clumsy, and objectively terrible writing.

Not that Sakura was much better of course. Pretty sure the author just didn't care about his female characters in general, based on Sakura's horrible conclusion, and how every female character ended up as a freaking housewife. Seems like I wasn't alone at least...apparently at some Jump festival, Chie Nakamura (Sakura's seiyuu) flat out told the author to "shut up" after he mentioned how much he loved Sakura's character. 

As much as I like shipping, I wish authors of these long running battle manga would stop trying to shoehorn romance into the story where it isn't really needed. It can be fine within limits, but Naruto and Bleach are prime examples of how it doesn't work if the author doesn't care to expand on the theme. We won't have to worry about that with One Piece at least.

Oh, I'm not claiming that any part of Kishimoto's relationships were well-written. I'm just saying that the direction that the wind blowing was very obvious to me throughout the series. Though, I will admit that Sakura ending up with Sasuke did mildly surprise me. I thought she had outgrown his bullshit at that point.

Super_Boom said:
BraLoD said:

Mike321 said:

Oda is the hero that shonen needs.

Day 18, still can't get over it ending the way it did :(

MohammadBadir said:
Day 18, still can't get over it ending the way it did :(

I would say just let it go and move on, but with how long Bleach went on, I figure it's not that simple, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BraLoD said:

Wasn't for lack of warnings tho

I'm talking about the plot's rushed ending you peanut.

Cloudman said:

I would say just let it go and move on, but with how long Bleach went on, I figure it's not that simple, haha.

Only manga I've been following since 2008... so, yeah. Can't do that :P