I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
psychicscubadiver said:
Later than I intended, but I am finally back to make that follow-up post.

Kengan Ashura is nearing it's end and so is Tomo-chan (if they ever get around to updating it). Does anyone have good recommendations for replacements?

Also, I've been reading Shougeki no Souma and finally caught up. Now, call me crazy, but I think the Noir Chefs in the latest arc are so over-the-top stupid, even for this series, that they're hilarious.

Do you mean by Tomo-chan wa Onna no Ko, cuz that's something I wasn't expecting to end so soon. If you're looking for a 4 koma to read, I think Mousou Telepathy may be something worth checking out if you haven't heard that one.

Also, I've also read and caught up on Souma and I totally feel you. With how the last arc ended, that felt more like an end to the series (And I would have been satisfied if the manga did end there), but the manga continued.... And this arc has just been really weird. The 'villain' just seems kind of odd as does these dark chefs. Heck, it seemed like the just skipped the 3rd challenge just to have Soma battle against the chainsaw lady already. Feels like the author is trying to rush this arc a bit now.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
psychicscubadiver said:

Also, I've been reading Shougeki no Souma and finally caught up. Now, call me crazy, but I think the Noir Chefs in the latest arc are so over-the-top stupid, even for this series, that they're hilarious.

Heh...well I guess that's not so crazy, even if they do make the manga basically feel like a meme at this point. Honestly, It feels to me like the author is trying to cram as many plot points in as possible before the series gets axed. No idea who thought Dark Chefs was a good idea, but it makes me miss Erina's dad somehow. 

I'm basically just reading for that eventual Souma/Erina reunion. If the payoff for that sucks, I'm probably out for good.

-----------------------

In the meantime, I just got caught up on Dr. Stone, another Jump manga that's been super popular lately, and actually has an anime already confirmed for later this year.

The premise is that a mysterious light turns everyone on Earth into a stone statue, essentially causing the apocalypse. One guy wakes up 3700 years later, and begins to rebuild society, reviving other statues and gaining new comrades along the way.

Most of the manga is about the characters crafting new things, which in turns lets them craft other new things, slowly advancing science in a prehistoric type setting. It's a cool idea, and while it does require some suspension of disbelief, the actual science lessons are pretty accurate and informative.

The characters are all pretty fun, and has one of the coolest MCs I've seen in a while. Overall it's a solid series and I hope it stays strong.

Hm? Oh, all the females are blonde? Oh my...I didn't notice.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Cloudman said:
psychicscubadiver said:
Later than I intended, but I am finally back to make that follow-up post.

Kengan Ashura is nearing it's end and so is Tomo-chan (if they ever get around to updating it). Does anyone have good recommendations for replacements?

Do you mean by Tomo-chan wa Onna no Ko, cuz that's something I wasn't expecting to end so soon. If you're looking for a 4 koma to read, I think Mousou Telepathy may be something worth checking out if you haven't heard that one.

Also, I've also read and caught up on Souma and I totally feel you. With how the last arc ended, that felt more like an end to the series (And I would have been satisfied if the manga did end there), but the manga continued.... And this arc has just been really weird. The 'villain' just seems kind of odd as does these dark chefs. Heck, it seemed like the just skipped the 3rd challenge just to have Soma battle against the chainsaw lady already. Feels like the author is trying to rush this arc a bit now.

Yup, I do mean Tomo-chan wa Onna no Ko. The site where I read it has comments and several people claim that we are currently in the last volume for the series according to the author. I do already read Mousou Telepathy, which is excellent. I think I picked it up on your rec in this thread, actually.

I'm actually okay with the new main villain in Shougeki no Souma; while his behavior is quirky, he also has a grudge that makes the coming fight more personal to Souma. It's all of the surrounding stuff in this arc, like the tournament structure and the incredibly weird Chef Noirs that make me roll my eyes. The idea that the 'underground world of cooking' is so shadowy and dangerous and breeds insanely good chefs is almost laughable in and of itself. Imo it would've been better to have the BLUE populated by super-star chefs from various countries (the way it's implied to be run) and make it an international competition rather than the current mess it turned out to be.

Super_Boom said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Heh...well I guess that's not so crazy, even if they do make the manga basically feel like a meme at this point. Honestly, It feels to me like the author is trying to cram as many plot points in as possible before the series gets axed. No idea who thought Dark Chefs was a good idea, but it makes me miss Erina's dad somehow. 

I'm basically just reading for that eventual Souma/Erina reunion. If the payoff for that sucks, I'm probably out for good.

-----------------------

In the meantime, I just got caught up on Dr. Stone, another Jump manga that's been super popular lately, and actually has an anime already confirmed for later this year.

The premise is that a mysterious light turns everyone on Earth into a stone statue, essentially causing the apocalypse. One guy wakes up 3700 years later, and begins to rebuild society, reviving other statues and gaining new comrades along the way.

Most of the manga is about the characters crafting new things, which in turns lets them craft other new things, slowly advancing science in a prehistoric type setting. It's a cool idea, and while it does require some suspension of disbelief, the actual science lessons are pretty accurate and informative.

The characters are all pretty fun, and has one of the coolest MCs I've seen in a while. Overall it's a solid series and I hope it stays strong.

Hm? Oh, all the females are blonde? Oh my...I didn't notice.

Yeah, it does kind of feel like he's worried about getting the axe now that the main arc is done. I would actually prefer to see Souma/Nikumi even though I know it won't happen. I'm a meat-loving sort of guy and she's a real cutie too.

That Dr. Stone manga looks very interesting. I'll have to give it a try.