Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Super_Boom said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I finally got around to finishing another manga, Skill of Lure, which is actually a manga Manwha, but still a great one I enjoyed reading.

A bit of a perverted manwha, but also full of comedy, romance, some drama and starring one of the coolest men to ever be. It follows the story of a man named Jang Sung-gi who is believed to be a pervert due to the perverted situations he finds himself him despite it not being his fault, and is overall not very confident in himself. That is until he meets a man who teaches him the art of 'pick-up', overall boost his confidence, and find his true love.

It's a fun comic with some really well drawn artwork, in full color, and also has one of the coolest guys ever!

Glad you liked it! This one was a surprise hit for me. I wouldn't have expected a mangafied version of that Will Smith movie "Hitch" would work so well, but it did. I liked that the pick-up lessons were actually pretty realistic and not contrived stuff like 'he saved me from a barking dog...what is this feeling?"

My favorite lesson was when the MC was nervous about his date with the popular girl, only for the friend to remind him that popular people are only popular because others put them on a pedestal and make them that way. Hit a chord with me for some reason.

-----------------------

I started reading an Isekai (or mock Isekai maybe) called Isekai Nonberi Nouka. It's cute...basically [insert standard isekai setup here]...only for the MC to choose to become a farmer in a new world instead of getting powers or anything. Well technically he still has powers, just only farming based ones. Plot advances like something out of Minecraft or Harvest Moon.

Best characters are the Kuros. I sometimes wonder if my cats play chess like this.

That looks interesting.  I don't much care for Isekai but I do like stuff that parodies iseki or turns it into something humorous.  

I've started reading Skill of Lure, too, but I kind of want to kick the main character really hard.  Also, that hot girl with the short blonde hair.  I want to kick them both.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

That looks interesting.  I don't much care for Isekai but I do like stuff that parodies iseki or turns it into something humorous.  

I've started reading Skill of Lure, too, but I kind of want to kick the main character really hard.  Also, that hot girl with the short blonde hair.  I want to kick them both.

I feel like Mock Isekai is almost becoming its own genre, but eh if it's funny it's funny.

Blonde girl is awful...which hurt me on a level I can't begin to describe. Fortunately she's not the FMC. Actual main girl is pretty cool IMO.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I finally got around to finishing another manga, Skill of Lure, which is actually a manga Manwha, but still a great one I enjoyed reading.

A bit of a perverted manwha, but also full of comedy, romance, some drama and starring one of the coolest men to ever be. It follows the story of a man named Jang Sung-gi who is believed to be a pervert due to the perverted situations he finds himself him despite it not being his fault, and is overall not very confident in himself. That is until he meets a man who teaches him the art of 'pick-up', overall boost his confidence, and find his true love.

It's a fun comic with some really well drawn artwork, in full color, and also has one of the coolest guys ever!

Glad you liked it! This one was a surprise hit for me. I wouldn't have expected a mangafied version of that Will Smith movie "Hitch" would work so well, but it did. I liked that the pick-up lessons were actually pretty realistic and not contrived stuff like 'he saved me from a barking dog...what is this feeling?"

My favorite lesson was when the MC was nervous about his date with the popular girl, only for the friend to remind him that popular people are only popular because others put them on a pedestal and make them that way. Hit a chord with me for some reason.

-----------------------

I started reading an Isekai (or mock Isekai maybe) called Isekai Nonberi Nouka. It's cute...basically [insert standard isekai setup here]...only for the MC to choose to become a farmer in a new world instead of getting powers or anything. Well technically he still has powers, just only farming based ones. Plot advances like something out of Minecraft or Harvest Moon.

Best characters are the Kuros. I sometimes wonder if my cats play chess like this.

Yeah, I remember hearing that tip said before some time ago, and I made sure to keep that one in mind. My favorite tip of his is when he talks having confidence in yourself. When he pointed at me and said I was the most important character in this story of mine, that just gave me goosebumps. He made me believe it. I felt like I could do anything... :3 Just, so good.

I also remember you talking about that manga, as well as the different pages. After seeing those dogs playing chess, I felt I have to read this soon. xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Lately I've been reading Yuru Yuri, trying to catch up with the manga. It's just a very funny, yet odd manga. It seems like most of the time they're aware that they're in a manga and they play around that knowledge, which just makes or funny situations. There was a part where a character was ripping off a page from a calendar, and the moment that happened, everyone's clothes changed to the winter versions instantly, which the character calls out. That just really got me laughing. And right now, I'm reading about they talk about how they're getting an anime, which is just so bizarre xD I got to see where that dance gif came from xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I have a theory that Yuru Yuri takes place partially in the mind of Kyouko.  Kind of like The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya but without spelling everything out or making it obvious.  Yes, Kyouko is god.

I completely stand behind my belief that she is one of the best characters in the history of manga and anime.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

Hmm...this manga sounds interesting, wonder what kinda cool person must've told you about it :eyes:

pokoko said: 

Yes, Kyouko is god.

I completely stand behind my belief that she is one of the best characters in the history of manga and anime.

That would be fantastic, I can totally see it.

I swear every scene she was involved in was just amazing, easily my favorite character. Hair color was just a bonus this time.

Shadow8 said:

Hmm...this manga sounds interesting, wonder what kinda cool person must've told you about it :eyes:

RIP Boomy. Nice knowing you all.

That one smile cured me of all diseases. No longer a Boom...I'm like some kinda...Super Boom.

Also good news, seems like this never-ending arc will be over in a few chapters. Woot Woot!  

Also One Piece: Dammit, I had a feeling it was good to be true. Hopefully Jinbe joins once the whole crew is reunited in Wano. He better not die dammit. I won't accept any substitutes, even if Carrot is pretty cute.

Pretty cool to see the Fishmen doing so much. I like those guys.  

pokoko said:

I have a theory that Yuru Yuri takes place partially in the mind of Kyouko.  Kind of like The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya but without spelling everything out or making it obvious.  Yes, Kyouko is god.

Yeah, she is quite a great character, haha. Likely my favorite from the series so far, but I'm still fairly early in the manga. I'll try to catch up on the manga soon. I'd really like to check the anime as well at this rate xD

Dance my pretties!

Well, out of nowhere comes a new chapter of AGAIN!!

Without spoiling anything, I suppose it explains a mystery from the modern time of the manga, unless everything that happened in this chapter turned out to be not true...?

Dance my pretties!