Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
TheBlackNaruto said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, I feel the same as well. Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, and Bakura were great characters, and the show felt more exciting with more at stake. GX just felt like a kid's show with little risk. It was better with the original x ) Plus I don't like how the game became more themed, like elemental heroes,destiny heroes/etc.

I 100% agree with you....even when there was a supposed huge danger it felt like ti was nothing at stake in GX....but in the original EVERY situationf elt like something HUGE was at stake lol. Heck I was just re-watching the battle city tournament the past few days and it is still as good as ever lol.

Yeah, something about the original I just watching again and again. It's among some of my most favorite anime to rewatch xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, I feel the same as well. Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, and Bakura were great characters, and the show felt more exciting with more at stake. GX just felt like a kid's show with little risk. It was better with the original x ) Plus I don't like how the game became more themed, like elemental heroes,destiny heroes/etc.

I'll give you GX. The series is really slow, but the last 2 seasons of it were really intense. 5Ds has some of the best writing in the series. Zexal is extremely slow as well, but once Zexal II starts, it is amazing and xyz summoning is really cool. Arc V seems like the best one overall from what I've heard, although I'm still in zexal II so I wouldn't know, but I've seen some scenes from arc V like the new pendelum summoning and Yuya seems like an interesting MC. That being said I'd rate them

GX< Zexal

For all those OG series fans, there is a new movie with the original group coming that looks nice and am extremely excited for!

Now you're really tempting me to watch some of the other Yugioh series... Though if we keep going on this topic, I'll be breaking into your anime territory in this thread, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bandorr said:
Cloudman said:

Now you're really tempting me to watch some of the other Yugioh series... Though if we keep going on this topic, I'll be breaking into your anime territory in this thread, haha.

I've seen several yu-gi-oh ones. Yet never finished one. I saw the original but kept missing the finale battle when it aired on TV. GX was absolutely hilarious. Then near the end it completely changed and goes very serious. Lost interest there.

I saw some of 5Ds but lost interest in it. Never watched Zexal or even heard of it.

ARc-V was fine and all I just lost interest about 10 episodes in?

Something about Yu-gi-oh draws me in.. then I get bored of it. Can't explain why.

Hmm, maybe it gets repetitive? Episodes usually go the format with having a duel, the hero gets pushed to their limits, and then draws the right card when they need it. That's something I started to feel as I watched more of it. Though I stopped at 5Ds because I felt it was just getting too ridiculous. I remember hearing they ride on weird bike while battling.

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
Shadow8 said:

I'll give you GX. The series is really slow, but the last 2 seasons of it were really intense. 5Ds has some of the best writing in the series. Zexal is extremely slow as well, but once Zexal II starts, it is amazing and xyz summoning is really cool. Arc V seems like the best one overall from what I've heard, although I'm still in zexal II so I wouldn't know, but I've seen some scenes from arc V like the new pendelum summoning and Yuya seems like an interesting MC. That being said I'd rate them

GX< Zexal

For all those OG series fans, there is a new movie with the original group coming that looks nice and am extremely excited for!

lol yeah can't let this turn into the anime thread, when there's already one :P

Another long running Jump series is ending and this time its their longest running series

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-03/osamu-akimoto-kochikame-manga-ends-on-september-17-after-40-years-of-serialization/.106073

With all of these Jump series ending i get the feeling there is some stuff going on behind the scenes at Jump.

Around the Network

What?! Kochikame is ending?! But... that's been going on forever! It can't end ;_;

Dance my pretties!

animegaming said:
Another long running Jump series is ending and this time its their longest running series

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-03/osamu-akimoto-kochikame-manga-ends-on-september-17-after-40-years-of-serialization/.106073

With all of these Jump series ending i get the feeling there is some stuff going on behind the scenes at Jump.

Ah man, not the manga with the unibrow dude that i only know about through Jump covers and Gintama references! :(

It could be that Jump's magazine sales have been down, and they're pushing to add fresh content to bring in new fans. Bleach and Nisekoi were waning in popularity before their final arcs started, and supposedly Toriko has been ranking poorly for a while now. Osamu has been around for a long time, and I'd be surprised if every young kid buying the magazine is reading it with the same fervor as One Piece, so they might have just decided to replace it with something fresh.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I found this image a few weeks ago, so suddenly this makes more sense. A bunch of authors drew tributes to this manga with their characters.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

The mangaka of Glass Mask has said that series is ending "soon", as well. It began in 1975. Of course, that "soon" could be several years, considering the pace.

I wanted to read it but the old style shoujo art style is too much for me. However, the second anime adaptation was excellent. I loved it.

I see influences from Glass Mask all over manga and anime.

Late to the party as usual, but I very much enjoyed the links to the 'Hall of Anal Devastation'. I can honestly see some of the IchigoxRukia shippers points, despite being amused by their zealotry, but I still don't understand the SakuraNaruto people. Shit, I'm not even a shipper and knew it was going to be Hinata. C'mon, the only girl that supports and declares her love for an MC that is starved for affection since childhood? No shit, she was going to win.

psychicscubadiver said:
Late to the party as usual, but I very much enjoyed the links to the 'Hall of Anal Devastation'. I can honestly see some of the IchigoxRukia shippers points, despite being amused by their zealotry, but I still don't understand the SakuraNaruto people. Shit, I'm not even a shipper and knew it was going to be Hinata. C'mon, the only girl that supports and declares her love for an MC that is starved for affection since childhood? No shit, she was going to win.

I actually preferred Naruto/Sakura for a while, but realized early on where it was going on. I liked Hinata at first, but lost interest after the author shot her to near irrelevance for the majority of the story. Heck, even her own backstory arc shifted to make her cousin look more sympathetic than she was. The final straw for me was when Neji was killed off for no apparent reason other than to make her look good. After completely ignoring her for most of the story, throwing away another character just to build her up just felt awkward, clumsy, and objectively terrible writing.

Not that Sakura was much better of course. Pretty sure the author just didn't care about his female characters in general, based on Sakura's horrible conclusion, and how every female character ended up as a freaking housewife. Seems like I wasn't alone at least...apparently at some Jump festival, Chie Nakamura (Sakura's seiyuu) flat out told the author to "shut up" after he mentioned how much he loved Sakura's character. 

As much as I like shipping, I wish authors of these long running battle manga would stop trying to shoehorn romance into the story where it isn't really needed. It can be fine within limits, but Naruto and Bleach are prime examples of how it doesn't work if the author doesn't care to expand on the theme. We won't have to worry about that with One Piece at least.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334