I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Cloudman said:

Yeah, I hate having to drop manga I get into, but sometimes it just happens with some manga. Something goes astray with some, and I just fall out of them. I used to read some like Medeka Box and Yandere Kanojo, but something happened with those manga and I just... dropped them. I wonder if it's just me or if the manga is losing the charm it once had. I dunno... There's likely some more I dropped because I just lost interest.

Yeah, usually if I'm not enjoying a manga after 2 or 3 volumes, I tend to stop buying those, though that makes for some weird incomplete sets in my collection xD

It takes a while before I drop anything, but once I do there isn't much regret left behind. Heck, the only reason I'm still reading Bleach is because it hit the 'so bad it's good' level. I figure most of the time, the fault lies with the author and their choice in story direction, but every now and then it's a matter of me growing less forgiving of their foibles. Fairy Tail didn't really change much in between the beginning and where I quit, I just got tired of it.

I'm pretty good about judging whether or not I'll always enjoy a series I chose to collect as opposed one I just read online. Still, I have made a couple mistakes and have some uncompleted series myself.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Cloudman said:

Well now, I too have a new manga I picked up recently. I think it's an interesting read at least...

Anyways, it's called Criminale! and it's about a boy who is a criminal magnet. All his life he's been attracted by criminals from robbery, kidnapping, shootings, and probably plenty more you can think of (He gets casually flashed in one chapter as well xD ) He gets transfered into a new school and he has high hopes of making new friends and just having a normal life. However, he somehow ends up in a class full of criminals each with their own signature crime. And it mostly follows how his life goes befriending the people in his weird class, learning about them, and surviving the crazy things that happens in the middle.

I think it's pretty funny, good and clean over all.... except for one character who raises the bar quite a bit to mature material (with some nudity), but it's tied to one character, and thus not so bad.

Also, I am biased now since it has my favorite type of character design xD Anyways, so there's something new from me...

This looks like a Katekyo Hitman REBORN! wanna be xP

You know, I thought the same thing. The style looks similar, especially the main character xD The story is different though. I read some of REBORN and I don't really think they're similar... o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Super_Boom said:

I feel like I'm really hot/cold about Fairy Tail. I love the characters, setting, humor, and artstyle...but when it comes to actual story flow, it's pretty forgettable. Things often just happen for the sake of happening, and this instance give me that same impression. It really annoys me after catching up on One Piece, which has pretty much become my gold standard for adventure manga. The way Oda sets up plotlines 500 chapters in advance is a real far cry to
sudden death scenes like this one, where we might have had one chapter of foreshadowing it. Very few things bother me more than forced character death for its own sake.

I don't mind redemption stories, but I do feel like Hiro overdoes it. Jellal still is punished for Simon's death, Ultear had to be removed from the story due to being bad, and even Laxus is still beating himself up over his attack on Magnolia. I think these type of scenes can add character depth...I just wish they would actually move past the angst at some point and stop suffering forever. 

I suppose...if I had to put things in perspective, this whole mess is nowhere near as bad as Naruto was for me. I had a lot of issues with that manga before I dropped it, but the straw that broke the camel's back was when a major character was literally killed off out of nowhere just to give the MC a scene with the main love interest. It was contrived, forced, and just plain awful honestly. 

He's just not a good writer.  He's an excellent character designer, that's why I stuck around for so long, but writing is where something like One Piece obliterates his work.  I have a theory that he spends most of his time designing new groups of villains (some of whom will join Fairy Tail and then die for the sake of redemption and to give Natsu a Power Up) instead of working on story elements .

I guess the reason it makes me so angry is that I want to like Fairy Tail.  I loved Ezra to death at first.  Wendy is great.  I loved so much when Ultear and Meredy tried to turn things around.  For me, the meaningful conclusion to her tragic life would be a fresh start, not that she has to suffer until she dies because that's the fate of anyone who ever does anything bad.  That's heavy-handed amature level writing.  Jellal is an excellent character if he'll just get over himself.  Juvia was awesome until she became a walking punchline.

Speaking of which, is there some kind of Law in that universe that former bad guys become really feaking weak if they turn good?  

Cloudman said:
Shadow8 said:

Mmm Tokyo ghoul doing some pretty sweet numbers! Thanks to the anime, it got really popular.

Bleach below Gintama? Not good...but Gintama anime helps boost sales quite a bit while bleach anime ended a few years back. Once the last arc gets Animated, it should pick up some steam :)

Jojo is also showing some versatility for a 30 year old Manga :D thanks to that sweet anime adaptation no doubt.

My buddy keeps telling me to read haikyuu, might do it. He says it's basically kuroko with volleyball xD

Is that so about Tokyo Ghoul? I thought it was just overall popular. I had some friends tell me it was great and recommended to me o:

Jojo was quite popular where I lived in Japan, but that could be because the manga artist was from that city, so maybe it was part of their pride in living there, haha.

And yeah, Haikyuu was quite popular. A lot of my students had goods of it. It took over after Kuro Basuke ended xD

Tokyo Ghoul was pretty popular berfore the anime, but with anime it just skyrocketed in popularity(probably helps that the anime is crap and everybody wants to read the obviously better version xD)

Jojo has always been extremely popular(selling almost 100 million copies is proof of that I think xD) and it's also one of the most influential mangas out there. You can see references in a lot of very popular series' these days, so I don't think it was just where you lived. Although him being from there probably gives people a push to read his work xD

I just think anime has helped widen the audience for these mangas and can do it for many more as well.

Shadow8 said:
Cloudman said:

Is that so about Tokyo Ghoul? I thought it was just overall popular. I had some friends tell me it was great and recommended to me o:

Jojo was quite popular where I lived in Japan, but that could be because the manga artist was from that city, so maybe it was part of their pride in living there, haha.

And yeah, Haikyuu was quite popular. A lot of my students had goods of it. It took over after Kuro Basuke ended xD

Tokyo Ghoul was pretty popular berfore the anime, but with anime it just skyrocketed in popularity(probably helps that the anime is crap and everybody wants to read the obviously better version xD)

Jojo has always been extremely popular(selling almost 100 million copies is proof of that I think xD) and it's also one of the most influential mangas out there. You can see references in a lot of very popular series' these days, so I don't think it was just where you lived. Although him being from there probably gives people a push to read his work xD

I just think anime has helped widen the audience for these mangas and can do it for many more as well.

How did the anime help if it sucked...? Sounds kinda weird. All I know now is that TG is pretty dang popular now, haha.

I forget Jojo is something that's been around for a long time, and I recognize it's something that is pretty dang popular and iconic. Though I still think the people living in his hometown still wear that fact with pride, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Shadow8 said:

How did the anime help if it sucked...? Sounds kinda weird. All I know now is that TG is pretty dang popular now, haha.

I forget Jojo is something that's been around for a long time, and I recognize it's something that is pretty dang popular and iconic. Though I still think the people living in his hometown still wear that fact with pride, haha.

Well, think of it this way. If you watch something and like it, but you find out it was very incomplete and nothing like the creator intended for it to be, then wouldn't that make you curious to check out the source material? At least that happens to me a lot xD. I watch something and like it, but then I find out that it's incomplete and decide to just read the manga to finish/continue the story. Thing is, the anime is bad, but for somebody that knows nothing about the manga, they might find it enjoyable. I don't know if I explained it well or if you understood. Maybe it's just my way of thinking xD

Shadow8 said:
Cloudman said:

Well, think of it this way. If you watch something and like it, but you find out it was very incomplete and nothing like the creator intended for it to be, then wouldn't that make you curious to check out the source material? At least that happens to me a lot xD. I watch something and like it, but then I find out that it's incomplete and decide to just read the manga to finish/continue the story. Thing is, the anime is bad, but for somebody that knows nothing about the manga, they might find it enjoyable. I don't know if I explained it well or if you understood. Maybe it's just my way of thinking xD

No, I completely get what you mean, and that makes sense. Especially with manga that are very long, some anime can only show a little bit of the manga into the anime. So if you are introduced to something from the anime, chances are you may be missing extra story not shown in it. If I liked the anime, I think I would be curious about manga version as well. I guess it could work the other way around. I've wanted to watch the anime version of some manga I read, thought I haven't gotten around that, haha...

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
Shadow8 said:

No, I completely get what you mean, and that makes sense. Especially with manga that are very long, some anime can only show a little bit of the manga into the anime. So if you are introduced to something from the anime, chances are you may be missing extra story not shown in it. If I liked the anime, I think I would be curious about manga version as well. I guess it could work the other way around. I've wanted to watch the anime version of some manga I read, thought I haven't gotten around that, haha...

Exactly!

Also I know what you mean, been wanting to watch the Assasination Classroom and Prison School anime, since I read the manga, but I haven't gotten around to it XP

A little off topic, but I finished Uzumaki recently.

I loved it. It had somethings that were hard to watch, but that's part of what made it so good. It didn't try to sugarcoat any of the stuff going on and showed exactly what was happening, mix that witrhthe art style it had and you have one hell of a frightening manga that you wouldn't watch in public or around children xD. Every arc was unique in its own way that the curse was used in the town and the people it affected. That ending in particular was really well done, especially for what I believe the author was going for this manga. 10/10 will never see spirals the same way.

I decided starting a new adventure shounen would help heal my Fairy Tail wounds, so I finally got around to reading Boku no Hero Academia. The anime is airing this season, and I'm enjoying the hell out of that...so I figured what am I waiting for. I've had a HA-themed sig for months now, for crying out loud.

Just finished the first volume, and so far it seems like the anime adapted it well, nothing that was really missed as far as I can tell. I did notice that the anime left out a bunch of Nintendo references. Or maybe I just missed it...*shrugs*

Also, according to the volume notes, Mount Lady was originally supposed to be the main heroine, but the author gave the female lead gravity powers instead. Darn...that could have been awesome. The more giant girls the better.

But Ochako is a cutie too so I don't mind.

Anyhoo, gonna slow down a bit, so I don't pass the anime up, but that should only be another few weeks anyway.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

So for the month of May, I was able to complete 4 Mangas.. down a lot from April which was 9

Still haven't found a really good manga yet though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]