Fun times. 1 2.50%

I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40

Reading chapter 90 of Yotsuba today, which is about Yotsuba suddenly wanting to do Yoga, when this page made me laugh out loud.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Reading chapter 90 of Yotsuba today, which is about Yotsuba suddenly wanting to do Yoga, when this page made me laugh out loud.

And it only gets better from there. When I heard about a new chapter, I had to read it. I love what comes next and Miss Stake (Shimao I think I Japanese?) says "Good women do yoga" and the father just accepts that answer. Also, Yotsuba is just a total boss in this chapter. xD

The previous chapters were dang good as well. I was laughing a lot, just like the old days of reading Yotsuba xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
pokoko said:

And it only gets better from there. When I heard about a new chapter, I had to read it. I love what comes next and Miss Stake (Shimao I think I Japanese?) says "Good women do yoga" and the father just accepts that answer. Also, Yotsuba is just a total boss in this chapter. xD

The previous chapters were dang good as well. I was laughing a lot, just like the old days of reading Yotsuba xD

Shimau is one of my favorite characters.  She's very eccentric for a high school girl.  Actually, pretty much all the characters are my favorites.  I loved when Yotsuba basically repeated what her father said at the gym.  Ouch.

I didn't realize Yotsubato won the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize for Manga last month until I saw the title page.  It's well-deserved.  Yotsubato is delightful and unique.

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

Shimau is one of my favorite characters.  She's very eccentric for a high school girl.  Actually, pretty much all the characters are my favorites.  I loved when Yotsuba basically repeated what her father said at the gym.  Ouch.

I didn't realize Yotsubato won the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize for Manga last month until I saw the title page.  It's well-deserved.  Yotsubato is delightful and unique.

Yeeah, that line she said about all the people there cracked me up xD All the characters in the manga are great. Even the minor ones. They all have quirks and personalities that makes them interesting as characters and seeing how they interact with Yotsuba. Even the shaggy bearded bike salesman is interesting and funny, being kinda sneaky and just a silly salesman.  I don't think there's a single bad character in the manga.

I read up on the other chapters I missed and manga is still going as strong as I remember.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Also, updated the poll with something new, focusing on current popular manga. Do you follow any of these on the list? If so, which one is your fav?

Also, I thought it'd be nice to talk about the 1st manga we ever read/bought. Do you remember what manga it was? And do you still like it, or don't (What was I thinking picking this up...? )

You can feel free to share, if.... you want.

Sorry for the late reply, this fell off my buddy.

Anyway, the first I ever read was the first volume of Pokemon Adventure, back when it was mirrored for Western reading (left to right) and bigger than a comicbook. All I had was that one volume for some reason. That was pretty much it until I turned 12 and got bored on a summer camp trip, borrowing one guy's Shonen Jump magazine. It piqued my interest so I went back to the Pokemon book and looked at the ads in the back, saw Ranma 1/2, started buying and reading that and the rest is history.

Today my collection is somewhere around 300 volumes. Though I have been looking to get rid of my 30 Negima volumes since I lost interest in the series. Chuckle, I could certainly use the space on the shelves.

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
I've never been a big manga reader for various reasons, but having read all of Gantz not all that long ago due to the lacking anime ending, I figure it may not hurt to get back into it like I was when I was younger.

Currently reading Rosario Vampire and am on Chapter 16. The fact that they turned the anime into what it was with source material as solid as this is kind of amazing in its own messed up way.

I remember reading that, though I think I dropped out somewhere in the later chapters. I certainly don't remember the ending.

What was the anime like? I've seen some clips of the openings/endings, but never watched an episode.

psychicscubadiver said:
Cloudman said:

Also, updated the poll with something new, focusing on current popular manga. Do you follow any of these on the list? If so, which one is your fav?

Also, I thought it'd be nice to talk about the 1st manga we ever read/bought. Do you remember what manga it was? And do you still like it, or don't (What was I thinking picking this up...? )

You can feel free to share, if.... you want.

Sorry for the late reply, this fell off my buddy.

Anyway, the first I ever read was the first volume of Pokemon Adventure, back when it was mirrored for Western reading (left to right) and bigger than a comicbook. All I had was that one volume for some reason. That was pretty much it until I turned 12 and got bored on a summer camp trip, borrowing one guy's Shonen Jump magazine. It piqued my interest so I went back to the Pokemon book and looked at the ads in the back, saw Ranma 1/2, started buying and reading that and the rest is history.

Today my collection is somewhere around 300 volumes. Though I have been looking to get rid of my 30 Negima volumes since I lost interest in the series. Chuckle, I could certainly use the space on the shelves.

Haha, that sounds like a part of my dream game room, with all my games, and a shelf for all my manga. I have a lot of manga myself. Nowadays it's easy to read manga online, but nothing beats having the actual thing in your hands, sitting down and having a good reading session.

Funny you mention Pokemon Adventures. Some of us started reading it and report our readings here, though I've been slacking a little on it... I should get back to it. It's definitely interesting and personally better than the anime. I also read some of Ranma 1/2m which is also a fun read.

And I also read Negima before I kinda quit on it. It got too long and wordy. Plus the ending was so terrible. It seemed like the manga artist just got fed up and wrapped it all up in a nice bow. Too convenient. It looks like it wasn't the only one who fell out on it....

psychicscubadiver said:
LuckyTrouble said:
I've never been a big manga reader for various reasons, but having read all of Gantz not all that long ago due to the lacking anime ending, I figure it may not hurt to get back into it like I was when I was younger.

Currently reading Rosario Vampire and am on Chapter 16. The fact that they turned the anime into what it was with source material as solid as this is kind of amazing in its own messed up way.

I remember reading that, though I think I dropped out somewhere in the later chapters. I certainly don't remember the ending.

What was the anime like? I've seen some clips of the openings/endings, but never watched an episode.

...Just like how I fell out of Rosario Vampire too. I am not alone!

Dance my pretties!

Came across with this article, the top 30 selling mangas in Japan so far (from November 23, 2015 to Mayy 22, 2016)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2016/.102636

Is any of the mangas you guys read on the list?

One piece the king of sales!!!!!!!!!

I've started reading Love Hina.  It's pretty good, though I really can't imagine reading all of it.  Like Korean melodramas that last 100 episodes, a lot of long-running sit-com manga just runs back over its self on a continuous basis.  I'll read until it hits the part where the mangaka is obviously thinking "this is longer than I planned and I don't know what to do next".

I also need to catch back up with Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku.  It wasn't updated for awhile so I fell out of it but now I see that new chapters are coming out quickly.  It's really interesting.  It deals with--maybe identity disorder is the right term?  The main character has been a tomboy all her life, to the point that she doesn't even know how to act like a girl.  Now, in the first year of college, she wants to try but she lacks confidence and her friend continues to tease her about "really being a guy", which is like a knife to her self-esteem.  She ends up meeting other people who, though they seem outwardly more "together" than she is, also struggle with who they are, including very self-destructive behavior.

It's adult, and mostly serious, and does have nudity and sex.  Crossdressing, same-sex relationships, and prostitution are also part of the story.  It's about people who are really mixed up and it's not always pretty.

Cloudman said:

Haha, that sounds like a part of my dream game room, with all my games, and a shelf for all my manga. I have a lot of manga myself. Nowadays it's easy to read manga online, but nothing beats having the actual thing in your hands, sitting down and having a good reading session.

Funny you mention Pokemon Adventures. Some of us started reading it and report our readings here, though I've been slacking a little on it... I should get back to it. It's definitely interesting and personally better than the anime. I also read some of Ranma 1/2m which is also a fun read.

And I also read Negima before I kinda quit on it. It got too long and wordy. Plus the ending was so terrible. It seemed like the manga artist just got fed up and wrapped it all up in a nice bow. Too convenient. It looks like it wasn't the only one who fell out on it....

...Just like how I fell out of Rosario Vampire too. I am not alone!

Chuckle, yeah once a series has been going on a while I'll usually stop and ask myself if I'm still actually enjoying it. A surprising number of times I realize that I'm not. It happened for Negima, Rosario Vampire, and Fairy Tail so I stopped reading them in some cases only a few volumes before the end. God only knows how I managed to finish Naruto. Yeah, after getting into manga full time, I hunted down and read the rest of Pokemon adventure. I enjoyed all of Red's story, but wasn't interested in any of the sequels.

Yeah Ranma 1/2 is a pretty good read, Takahashi does wacky hijinks like a pro. Her new series Rin-ne is really good too.

I also like physical manga but I'll only buy it if I'm really enjoying the series and feel like I'll re-read it. Though, my judgement isn't spot-on as having all those Negima volumes will show. Still, having a whole bookcase full of manga is pretty nice. Thankfully, I've been able to find them cheap since between novels and manga I've filled four bookcases

Mike321 said:

Came across with this article, the top 30 selling mangas in Japan so far (from November 23, 2015 to Mayy 22, 2016)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2016/.102636

Is any of the mangas you guys read on the list?

One piece the king of sales!!!!!!!!!

Bleach is not doing too hot. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Nice to see ERASED in the top ten, it definitely deserves the sales.

Heard of most of these, but I've got to wonder about that Volleyball one in fourth. Huge sales for something I've never heard of.