Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Shadow8 said:
Cloudman said:

No, I completely get what you mean, and that makes sense. Especially with manga that are very long, some anime can only show a little bit of the manga into the anime. So if you are introduced to something from the anime, chances are you may be missing extra story not shown in it. If I liked the anime, I think I would be curious about manga version as well. I guess it could work the other way around. I've wanted to watch the anime version of some manga I read, thought I haven't gotten around that, haha...

Exactly!

Also I know what you mean, been wanting to watch the Assasination Classroom and Prison School anime, since I read the manga, but I haven't gotten around to it XP

A little off topic, but I finished Uzumaki recently.

I loved it. It had somethings that were hard to watch, but that's part of what made it so good. It didn't try to sugarcoat any of the stuff going on and showed exactly what was happening, mix that witrhthe art style it had and you have one hell of a frightening manga that you wouldn't watch in public or around children xD. Every arc was unique in its own way that the curse was used in the town and the people it affected. That ending in particular was really well done, especially for what I believe the author was going for this manga. 10/10 will never see spirals the same way.

Yeah, I've wanted to watch Ansatsu as well, but I feel weird about that manga. I like it, but kinda started losing interest. I did finish it though, so I stuck through it to the end. I hope that is just as funny as the manga. The manga is pretty comical...

And congrats on finishing Uzumaki! Yeah, it's really twisted and scary. The artwork is terrifying as well. The 1st one with the man obsessed with spirals was a real stomach turner. The one with snails made me feel sick as well, and I'll never look at them the same way again, and I don't want to bully anyone for being slow... The hair one was was kinda terrifying too. The manga-ka I think Jinji Ito or something, is a horror manga genius. His stories are excellent, and the art just fits so well. They're good, and they're scary. I wanted to buy the manga series, but I can't bring myself to do it. I feel like having them will curse me as well... xD

Super_Boom said:

I decided starting a new adventure shounen would help heal my Fairy Tail wounds, so I finally got around to reading Boku no Hero Academia. The anime is airing this season, and I'm enjoying the hell out of that...so I figured what am I waiting for. I've had a HA-themed sig for months now, for crying out loud.

Just finished the first volume, and so far it seems like the anime adapted it well, nothing that was really missed as far as I can tell. I did notice that the anime left out a bunch of Nintendo references. Or maybe I just missed it...*shrugs*

Also, according to the volume notes, Mount Lady was originally supposed to be the main heroine, but the author gave the female lead gravity powers instead. Darn...that could have been awesome. The more giant girls the better.

But Ochako is a cutie too so I don't mind.

Anyhoo, gonna slow down a bit, so I don't pass the anime up, but that should only be another few weeks anyway.

Dang, was the latest FT chapter that painful? I haven't read it, but the artwork looks good and kinda like One Piece.

I want to read Boku no Hero, but haven't gotten around to it. I'm trying to finish other manga, which could take a lil while. It does look good, and it's shonen jump! It's gotta be good. Those Mario references though, haha. So good xD

Platina said:
So for the month of May, I was able to complete 4 Mangas.. down a lot from April which was 9

Still haven't found a really good manga yet though

Man, I didn't know we turned reading manga into a competition.. x ) I feel I need to read more as the head thread leader.... Getting through Hirunaka no Ryuusei at the moment, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Platina said:
So for the month of May, I was able to complete 4 Mangas.. down a lot from April which was 9

Still haven't found a really good manga yet though

Man, I didn't know we turned reading manga into a competition.. x ) I feel I need to read more as the head thread leader.... Getting through Hirunaka no Ryuusei at the moment, haha.

hehe, you know what they say, quality over quantity :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Cloudman said:

hehe, you know what they say, quality over quantity :p

Sweet, so I'm in the clear!!!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nisekoi 221: And with this chapter, I'll stop reading nisekoi as this is my perfect ending right here.

The promised girl is onodera! Yes. However if their love for each other after all these years is cast aside by komi then the story makes no sense. Remember, it started with simple words. Do you believe in fate? If that is the case Kosaki is the only choice after this reveal, but we all know where the story is going so meh. Good chapter, but i don' expect the rest to be worth reading. Hopefully Cloudy keeps me updated.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Cloudman said:

Dang, was the latest FT chapter that painful? I haven't read it, but the artwork looks good and kinda like One Piece.

I want to read Boku no Hero, but haven't gotten around to it. I'm trying to finish other manga, which could take a lil while. It does look good, and it's shonen jump! It's gotta be good. Those Mario references though, haha. So good xD

Well it's painful for me...but I'm not good with character death in very character focused stories.

If you like the genre, you'll probably enjoy Hero Academia. It feels like Early Naruto and One Piece had a baby and that baby became a superhero manga.

Speaking of Hero Academia again, I was looking over the volume notes and can't help but laugh at this. That initial design is too much knowing how the character acts in the main story. XD

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
Cloudman said:

Well it's painful for me...but I'm not good with character death in very character focused stories.

If you like the genre, you'll probably enjoy Hero Academia. It feels like Early Naruto and One Piece had a baby and that baby became a superhero manga.

Speaking of Hero Academia again, I was looking over the volume notes and can't help but laugh at this. That initial design is too much knowing how the character acts in the main story. XD

Should you be showing me spoliers of manga I haven't read yet, haha? What if I was going to get into FT?! Huh? HUH?! o: Punk... ; )

I kid, I probably won't read FT, and I wouldn't get the context, so I would just forget about it.

Also, isn't the MC of Hero Academia like... the complete opposite of that? I thought he was a happy go lucky cowardish character. That 1st design seems totally different.

Dance my pretties!

That moment when you finally catch up to jojo and you don't know what to do with your life anymore...

Jojo Part 7 is by far the longest one in the series, taking 7 years for Araki to finish it.He went all out in this part, giving everybody the necessary character development they needed. Because of this, I can totally see this part end up being a 4 season series with how long and detailed it is. Johnny in particular has the best development out of all the jojos. Stands feel much more unique in this part as they don't really do their effects themselves, instead it's the user that user some sort of item as a conduit in order to use the stand ability.It also feels like a mix of Part 1 and 3. Also, it's quite the sight to see a normal race at first turn into a life or death stuation for our protagonists.Plenty of comedy between johnny and gyro throughout the series, but when johnny gets serious, there's nobody that can stop him(see pictures below as examples).This part is definetly Araki's best one thus far and my absolute favorite, I NEED to see this animated one day. Best jojo, best zeppeli, best part 10/10 would race across America again.

Cloudman said:

If One Piece is Lord of the Rings, Fairy Tail is Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.  Keep that in mind.

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

If One Piece is Lord of the Rings, Fairy Tail is Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.  Keep that in mind.

Man, I feel terrible not knowing what Hercules: The Legendary Journeys is... Doing a quick google on it, it looks like it's not as good, or perhaps a sort of knock-off...

I dunno how to feel about Fairy Tale. The art looks great, but it kinda makes me think it's like a OP type of manga, but not as good...

Dance my pretties!