Fun times. 1 2.50%

I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40

So for some time I've been following the manga, Shibito no Koe o Kiku ga Yoi, which I've enjoyed a lot as a horror manga, but the more I read of it, the darker it gets... Just, man...

...And I'm still really enjoying it... @_@

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Well, I've been sitting on a topic idea for some time now, so I thought why not give it a shot?

The topic this time is, "Is there a manga you learned about from this thread and enjoyed so much, you bought physical copies of them?"

There's definitely been one for me, Horimiya. I remember Pokoko recommended this manga early on and after giving it a shot, I quickly grew to love it. Some time later when I visited a book store with my friends, to my surprise I found volumes of it there. I decided to pick up a few books to have in my collection, and after rereading them again, I felt I had to get the rest of them. So my next visit I picked up the remaining volumes.

Actually, there's another one I ended up getting, but I'll just leave it at one example.

So, are there any manga you bought for yourself after learning about it here?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Well, I've been sitting on a topic idea for some time now, so I thought why not give it a shot?

The topic this time is, "Is there a manga you learned about from this thread and enjoyed so much, you bought physical copies of them?"

There's definitely been one for me, Horimiya. I remember Pokoko recommended this manga early on and after giving it a shot, I quickly grew to love it. Some time later when I visited a book store with my friends, to my surprise I found volumes of it there. I decided to pick up a few books to have in my collection, and after rereading them again, I felt I had to get the rest of them. So my next visit I picked up the remaining volumes.

Actually, there's another one I ended up getting, but I'll just leave it at one example.

I haven't but one day I'd like to buy Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice).  It's one of those stories that goes beyond the medium itself.  It's like in anime with Grave of the Fireflies, Welcome to the NHK, or Serial Experiments Lain, where I wouldn't have a problem suggesting it to someone who isn't even into that scene.

Cloudman said:

Hmm. To be honest I hadn't given it that much thought. Hungry Marie and Uratarou immediately come to mind as one's I would want physical. Though I don't recall viz having updated Hungry Marie in forever, yet alone offering physical. I guess I should stop only looking through cyberspace for buying them and look through bookstores for once.

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

I haven't but one day I'd like to buy Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice).  It's one of those stories that goes beyond the medium itself.  It's like in anime with Grave of the Fireflies, Welcome to the NHK, or Serial Experiments Lain, where I wouldn't have a problem suggesting it to someone who isn't even into that scene.

Actually, the other manga I decided not to mention is Koe no Katachi.. xD When I saw copies of those, I had to buy them. I got all the copies I could, minus one that was missing. But yeah, that is one story I felt I needed to own.

Dravenet7 said:
Cloudman said:

Hmm. To be honest I hadn't given it that much thought. Hungry Marie and Uratarou immediately come to mind as one's I would want physical. Though I don't recall viz having updated Hungry Marie in forever, yet alone offering physical. I guess I should stop only looking through cyberspace for buying them and look through bookstores for once.

Is Hunrgy Marie being released in the west? I haven't seen volumes of it yet...

Dance my pretties!

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Dravenet7 said:

It's almost definitely not. I should have been a bit more clear. On Viz's site they tend to showcase free chapters digitally and offer volumes physically. I was referring to viz not updating any news directly related to Hungry Marie, including physical. That's the only place I used to purchase anything from since a friend of mine almost exclusively used it.  

Dravenet7 said:
Cloudman said:

It's almost definitely not. I should have been a bit more clear. On Viz's site they tend to showcase free chapters digitally and offer volumes physically. I was referring to viz not updating any news directly related to Hungry Marie, including physical. That's the only place I used to purchase anything from since a friend of mine almost exclusively used it.  

Oh, sorry. I thought since Hungry Marie is a shonen jump manga, I figured there'd be a chance it would be localized at some point. I don't visit book stores often, so I don't know well what current manga are being released.

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
Dravenet7 said:

Oh, sorry. I thought since Hungry Marie is a shonen jump manga, I figured there'd be a chance it would be localized at some point. I don't visit book stores often, so I don't know well what current manga are being released.

Nah, not your fault. It was poor wording on my part. They do have like the first three chapters out on Viz for free digitally to view, again they haven't updated that since March so its really up in the air western release-wise. Also with you on the current manga being released thing. Outside Viz and sometimes Crunchyroll, I really have no idea. I wish there was a more centralized site that kind of focused heavily on checking up on releases in the West continuosly as well as sales and stuff to make it easier to navigate.

Dravenet7 said:
Cloudman said:

Nah, not your fault. It was poor wording on my part. They do have like the first three chapters out on Viz for free digitally to view, again they haven't updated that since March so its really up in the air western release-wise. Also with you on the current manga being released thing. Outside Viz and sometimes Crunchyroll, I really have no idea. I wish there was a more centralized site that kind of focused heavily on checking up on releases in the West continuosly as well as sales and stuff to make it easier to navigate.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to keep up with all the different publishers out there... I just wish there was a book store near me.. ; w ;

Dance my pretties!

So here's a comical little title I found. Have you ever read or seen Kobayashi no Dragon Maid and thought to yourself "Man, I wish instead of a cute maid dragon girl, it was... a suit of armor that looks straight out of Demon Souls!" ? Then this may be the one for you.

Yoroi and Office Lady is about a lady who gets a suit of armor delivered to her, and for some reason it's alive as well. As you imagine, comedy ensues.

Can you say no to this adorable honorable set of armor?

And if that isn't enough, he even praises the sun!!!! ...(Well, not really. If only...)

Dance my pretties!