Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

Interesting, I saw Aho Girl started airing as well and decided I more than likely was going to pass on it, as I read the manga and didn't think much of it. If it's actually great, than I'm tempted to give it a watch.

For me, anyway, the voice actress for Yoshiko really cracks me up.  The others are really good.

Well, that was just incredible. I def gotta see this now. Also, I was surprised to hear the VA also did Madoka in Mado Magi. That def caught me by surprise.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I finally got around to reading last week's BNHA:

Lumillion's father looks just like Astro Boy. This has to be one of my favorite/hated chapters of the entire series. I wish his armor could have prevented the penetration. Like, I know its made out of his hair, but still. I don't think I have ever seen something so unfair in a shonen manga revolving around the tenant of hard work. The fact that he STILL ended up whooping this guy for 5 minutes straight is just fantastic. When he gave the wide swing, I felt like I was looking at All Might. I know I keep making those parrallels, but still that tenacity is extremely rare. Also, I didn't mention this last chapter, but I like the insertion of the narrator in these moments. Ultimately, its awful that he lost his quirk, but I am still VERY happy he isn't dead. Even without his powers, I hope he pops up in the story and can still pursue being a hero. Also, I can't stand Chisaki.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention My Hero Academia:

Just.... Please tell me Lumellion is gonna be okay!!! It's too soon for such a great hero to be forced to retire so soon!!!! Dx Such an excellent character... I don't want to see them lose it all soo soon!!! DX

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

A new MHA released recently with a color page, and ugh... Mirio..! Please be okay ma boi..! ;_; Oh, also Deku looks cool too..

The latest chapter wasn't what I was hoping for, but it was nice to see what happened to other characters while the main battle was happening. It was nice to see moments of Rock Lock and his family,  and quite curious about what Jin and that school girl are scheming... Most of all, that moment at the end, when Overhaul melts himself and his partner to create that twisted fusion form. Now that I'm looking forward to seeing next week!

Dance my pretties!

As the current ruler of this thread's sister thread, I feel obligated to post my weekly updates the same way as always. Does that make me a hero? Some might say so...

One Piece: Luffy DX

Damn...Luffy made a judgment call in the heat of the moment. Too much chaos going on...and apparently 1st born son is still alive. Dogtooth is the immediate concern, and taking him out was just enough to escape. I just hope Luffy doesn't have a problem getting out of there now @_@

Pedro backstory...uguuuu....nice that he passed Roger's words onto the next generation. Maybe Carrot will join after all.

Where did that shark come from again? I'm guessing from context that Brook and Chopper rode in on it...but I'm drawing a blank for some reason.  

Shokugeki: Megumi DX

Do your thing Megumi!

Cute chapter but I feel like not much happened. God damn it anyway this arc is long.

Takumi's vendetta against Eizan was legit after all. Curious about that fight...even if the focus will be Megumi vs. Momo. Looking forward to seeing her grow confidence...again.  

Also it's cute how Erina is so proud of her leadership XD  

My Hero Academia: Mirio DX

Well shit. Chisaki had yet another ace up his sleeve. I wonder if this move is reversible...it has to be right?

We have more heroes here now, so hopefully they can prevail. Don't give up that child!!!  

Neverland: Children DX

Nice happy chapter with happiness. Happiest chapter since the nice demon sanctuary. Actually that wasn't very long ago.  

The artstyle for characters in this manga is sorta inconsistent...but it felt more on point this chapter. Emma in particular looked really pretty.

Smile children. Never stop smiling.

Wonder what's gonna happen with the adult male. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Well, that was just incredible. I def gotta see this now. Also, I was surprised to hear the VA also did Madoka in Mado Magi. That def caught me by surprise.

I've been meaning to ask for awhile but have you seen Non Non Biyori?  It's like the very definition of charming SOL.

Also, Boom paid me in mod credits to promote anime in this thread.  

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

I've been meaning to ask for awhile but have you seen Non Non Biyori?  It's like the very definition of charming SOL.

Also, Boom paid me in mod credits to promote anime in this thread.  

Actually, I haven't, but I do know that character. I used to see her all the time I think with the flute? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot after I've cleared up some anime in my log. I'm watching Aho Girl as well.

And I'm okay with talking anime sometimes too, it happens here from time to time already xD

Dance my pretties!

Had such a busy week, but hopefully getting some breathing room for the following:

MHA:

It was so satisfying that the first thing Deku did after breaking that wall was break Overhaul's other arm. I really grown to dislike Overhaul more and more overtime, but he is certainly a very well made character. Also I'm really impressed with what they did with his quirk. I would have never imagined that would be in his scope of abilities. It's almost a shame. A quirk like his would basically make him a perfect miracle doctor (an actual one not the demented version he thinks he is). Locks encouragement and thought process was pretty cool, I'm glad they gave him depth in that department. It also presents a nice contrast between him and Aizawa. I like how he struggles between being a hero and a concerned teacher. It's a depth that's constantly explored with his character that's always interesting. Lumillion is just too much. I really hope that Horikoshi has much more in store for him!

One Piece:

Extremely happy to see Luffy fight Dogtooth. I think he is the only top tier antagonist to fight Luffy who has never underestimated him for a moment. Even in this chapter he seems to hold him in somewhat high regards. Big Mom biting the ship reminds me of Wapool doing that. Also she took a Coup' de Burst to the face. Pedro's death feels waaaaaay to sudden and unfair tbh. Good chapter all around

The Promised Neverland:

I felt as though they just skipped over the part where there was a bloodied room full of crazy writing. The old guy defintely doesn't feel like a bad guy, so I imagine he's gonna be chummy with the kids within the next 2 chapters.

Hungry Marie:

Haven't read this in a while. I'm not surprised at the way things are going, but I wish the author didn't mix plot and a beginning plot they it currently is. I felt like if you read Beelzebub, then you'd be ok with it, but I feel for newcomers to his/her work, the pace could definitely hurt a bit. That criticism aside, the arc is good. Defintiely a bit nostalgic. 

I need to catch up on Utratarou. I was reading it a nice slow pace, but I let slip buy a bit too long. I'll probably wait until it hits 50 chapters though

Dravenet7 said:

Had such a busy week, but hopefully getting some breathing room for the following:

Seeing your post reminded me to catch up on Hungry Marie. I feel like I haven't read this manga in months, and somehow I was only three chapters behind. It seems like translators have no interest in this one.

Anyways, the plot is all over the place, but the 4th wall breaking makes me chuckle. The author seems to be joking about how disjointed and random the plot is.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

Seeing your post reminded me to catch up on Hungry Marie. I feel like I haven't read this manga in months, and somehow I was only three chapters behind. It seems like translators have no interest in this one.

Anyways, the plot is all over the place, but the 4th wall breaking makes me chuckle. The author seems to be joking about how disjointed and random the plot is.

Whoa, this must have just released a not too long ago because I got up to the previous chapter lol. I really like the author especially due to his previous work. I hope he is able to find a good balance in pacing because this series has really good potential

Also the One Piece and MHA thing:

When Brook and Chopper initially came to the ship Dogtooth and Pero took at the shark submarine and offered to let them take it to leave the island. It was a good eye to even notice it was there lol. I had to look back to see what you were talking about.

Chisaki can defintely reverse it and return to more or less normal, but Nemoto is definitely dead. :/