Fun times. 1 2.50%

I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40

I feel like i haven't posted in here in a while, though I guess it's not really far down my buddy. Strange.

Shokugeki no Souma: Japanese Pizza????

You're crazy man! Crazy!

Feel like nothing happened again...but that's cuz the food info always flies over my head. I wonder what the Nakiris are discussing. I feel like Souma is going to lose his underdog status, not that it really was ever there in the first place. Did the grandpa pick Megumi, Takumi, and the others for a reason? Or just Souma?  

Shokugeki no Sanji: Welp.

Cooking part was fun, I hope they make it time. I love tsundere Pudding.

God damn the fight though...this keeps getting worse. I have no idea how they'll get out of this.

NO MIKE JINBE CAN'T DIE REEEEEEEE  

My Hero Academia: RIP

Probably the best chapter update this week. I'm guessing Nighteye saw himself dying, but Deku and others saving Eri? That must be hard, but his actions are definitely becoming of a real hero.

Question is...will there be actual consequences now, or will Deku defy fate and save everyone?  

Promised Neverland: Tsundere or just a dick?

The one male adult in the story is coming around. Yay guy. He seemed to think he choices...but thinks that going along with Emma and Ray is more amusing. Does he plan to drop them in a pit somewhere? Stay smart Emma!  

I have Seven Deadly Sins on the mind from someone mentioning it in the anime thread, so I'll update on that too. I put the manga on hold cuz I was bored, and got caught up again last weekend. I can see why I lost interest in this. Thoughts below on the last 10 chapters I marathoned.

Holy crap Elaine is cute with long hair. Ban/Elaine might be what's keeping my interest now that King/Diane is canon. Who cares about that main one.

Meliodas is retarded. One chapter he's all: I trust my friends. Then next chapter he gives us his sanity to become a berserk monster man because he's worried about his friends. Just why? This is so dumb, it's obvious the author needed a reason to off-panel his strongest characters so he made them fight for like no reason. I complained about this a lot in Fairy Tail, but somehow this seems much much worse. It's like the author is literally making up chapters as he writes it every week.

Escanor in "The One" form is awesome. Can't deny that, even if the reason for him using it is contrived and stupid.

I liked seeing what happened to the Ten Commandments, that was a pretty good chapter. Gloxinia and Dolor losing their demon powers was a nice addition...that I also forgot about.

And then more annoying crap. Literally after Zeldras admits underestimating the Sins, he lets Mel's teacher run off on his own because there's no way the Sins can defeat him. STOP UNDERESTIMATING THEM YOU STUPID MORONS. I get that cocky villains are common to this genre, but this is so extreme they actually seem like utter morons. I can't sense any tension from this fight because the villains are so utterly retarded. God dammit.  

Anyways I'm a masochist because I'll probably read this again in two months when I'm bored. Only draws right now are Ban/Elaine, Kiane, and I guess Escanor being a badass. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Cloudman said:

I keep forgetting to post this, but a new chap of Aharen-san wa Hakarenai and just.... every update on this manga is a good one.

Aharen just never fails to give me a good laugh every time. xD

I'm about to catch up on Hungry Marie. So tell me about this series.

Sorry about being very late with a response~! Basically, this is a comedy slice of life(?) manga about a high school student named Raidou, who meets this girl named Aharen, a strange, but sweet girl with a mellow expression with various strange, but comical problems. Raidou becomes friends with her and helps her out with daily problems to comedic results. And that's basically it. If you want some laughs and really cute/sweet moments, I think you'll enjoy this.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Noecchi is one of my favorite things in D-frag.  She was only the little sister of the protagonist but I think her popularity has risen greatly.  It's so cute when she uses her super-spikey hair as a weapon ...

I'm also really happy when Tama-chan makes an appearance.  She is an absolute badass.

Hey guys, it's now October!!! I hope you're all ready for the spirit of Halloween! I have a few manga to post up for the season, but I'll do those at a later time.

For now, you have to deal with cute manga instead. First off, Blend S: A manga about a girl who starts working at a maid cafe with specially themed maids! So far there's the little sister type, the tsundere, and the new girl who plays the role of the sadist (And feels really bad about it, but plays it very well). It's also run by a foreigner too with some weird tastes. It's a simple, cute, but funny 4 koma manga.

The 2nd manga is Kageno datte Seishun Shitai: A story about a short 4 eyed girl with no friends who one day finds herself friends with and fake dating a popular pretty boy in her class. Initially the guy does this to keep the girls from pestering him as well as become friends with this girl, Kageno, but they begin to develop stranger feelings for each other. It's outright adorable and quite funny. Kageno's usual appearance is quite funny and cute to see.

Sooooo yeeeah... 2 cute, currently short manga you can check out if you like. 

Next time will likely be horror based. Yay~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well I've been chipping away at it for a while, but I'm finally caught up on Attack on Titan. Was caught up a long time ago, and kinda stopped, partly because of how rough (or creepy) the art was. Fortunately, like some people here have mentioned, it improves a lot as it goes on.

Don't really want to unload everything, and I'll probably have more faults once I get over my honeymoon period...but I enjoy the author's ability to keep track of loose ends. I suppose I'm biased since I can draw these conclusions now, but I'm a nerd that likes to keep track of open plot points, and so I appreciate when authors take the time to go back and address loose ends before I have a chance to complain about them. It's part of why I love One Piece so much, and while the world building here isn't nearly on the same level, and the author's ability to map out his story isn't too far off.

I'd say the greatest strength of this manga though, at least for me, is how well the antagonists are handled. Obviously this isn't the first story that blurs the line of good and evil, but this story does an amazing job at explaining the motivations behind characters that commit absolutely horrid actions, and even makes me want to root for them, despite knowing what they've done in the past. Reiner is a particularly good example of this, given the last few chapters. The panel of him contemplating suicide was so powerful...holy buckets.

I guess if I had to list any big issues with it, is that it probably over-relies on flashbacks, and characters deaths are handled pretty callously. I think the latter isn't such a problem after the first few story arcs, but does seem cruel how even important characters like Ymir are just killed off-screen. I suppose this is the type of story where no one is really safe...which is suppose is a draw to some people.

------------------------

Anyways, here's some news for the few people here who read it. Hungry Marie is cancelled.

The link is in French, but it seems to be confirmed. I suppose it's expected...since it's been at the bottom of the Jump rankings...basically since it came out. I enjoyed it, but eh, the plot was all over the place and didn't really seem to have much direction. Hopefully the author has enough time to wrap up..whatever he needs to wrap up.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Manga talk is never chill but I'll bite :)

Cloudman said:

Hey guys, it's now October!!! I hope you're all ready for the spirit of Halloween! I have a few manga to post up for the season, but I'll do those at a later time.

For now, you have to deal with cute manga instead. First off, Blend S: A manga about a girl who starts working at a maid cafe with specially themed maids! So far there's the little sister type, the tsundere, and the new girl who plays the role of the sadist (And feels really bad about it, but plays it very well). It's also run by a foreigner too with some weird tastes. It's a simple, cute, but funny 4 koma manga.

The 2nd manga is Kageno datte Seishun Shitai: A story about a short 4 eyed girl with no friends who one day finds herself friends with and fake dating a popular pretty boy in her class. Initially the guy does this to keep the girls from pestering him as well as become friends with this girl, Kageno, but they begin to develop stranger feelings for each other. It's outright adorable and quite funny. Kageno's usual appearance is quite funny and cute to see.

Those look fun.  I need to remember to look them up.  I've come to enjoy 4-koma.

Super_Boom said:

Anyways, here's some news for the few people here who read it. Hungry Marie is cancelled.

The link is in French, but it seems to be confirmed. I suppose it's expected...since it's been at the bottom of the Jump rankings...basically since it came out. I enjoyed it, but eh, the plot was all over the place and didn't really seem to have much direction. Hopefully the author has enough time to wrap up..whatever he needs to wrap up.

Damn.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed. That manga seemed to have such great potential on both an action and comedic level. If the mangaka could have kept the plot straight and introduced less meaningless characters and devlopments it could have really gone somewhere.

NPCmates said:

Well, I try to keep things chill here, as long as there aren't too many ship battles going on. Lucky that shipped sailed once certain manga ended some time ago. Come on in and chat manga, we don't bite

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

Those look fun.  I need to remember to look them up.  I've come to enjoy 4-koma.

Luckily, Blend S started getting updates recently, so there's only a few chapters so far, and the characters are really funny and cute, especially the main girl.

As for the 2nd one, it looks like it got updates every 6 months or so, so that one may update very slowly, or never get completed ;_;

Bandorr said:
I can understand Hungry Marie being cancelled. It changed too much.

They basically just kept restructuring the manga for different rules. It works this way today. Next chapter it works this way.

They are at this school, nope this school. It was far too inconsistent.

Yeah, same here. The story just seems to go all over the place, uncertain of what to do. At the rate it was going, I didn't think it was going to last for long. That and... updates for it were much more inconsistent compared to other jump titles.

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
NPCmates said:

Well, I try to keep things chill here, as long as there aren't too many ship battles going on. Lucky that shipped sailed once certain manga ended some time ago. Come on in and chat manga, we don't bite

Haha only reading a couple right now as my medium is mostly anime but you just can't get the whole story there sometimes also when the animation quality in One Piece has just as many frames as a chapter of the manga well might as well save some time and go to the manga haha 
Also them coloured Korean mangas (I think) are pretty good.