By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Are you going to buy PSVR?

Yes 366 47.53%

No 226 29.35%

Maybe 178 23.12%

Total:770

NX or VR... i think ill go NX. Sorry no fan of wearing stuff while i game. Thats just me though.

Around the Network

Yay Preordered!

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
itsFizz said:

Yay Preordered!

<

How? Where? I can't pre order it. It still says: 

Derzeit nicht verfügbar. 
Ob und wann dieser Artikel wieder vorrätig sein wird, ist unbekannt.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
itsFizz said:

Yay Preordered!

<

How? Where? I can't pre order it. It still says: 

Derzeit nicht verfügbar. 
Ob und wann dieser Artikel wieder vorrätig sein wird, ist unbekannt.

Seems to be sold out at amazon. I actually set there at 12 hitting f5 like theres no tomorrow^^
Maybe they´ll get additional stock. Also you cannpt preorder the device twice. Only 1 per amazon account/ billing address

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Normchacho said:
Lawlight said:

People already miss their partner while working. You spend most of your waking hours away at work, exercising, etc. and the little time that you have together you want to completely shut them out of your life? Imagine gaming for 2 hours in the evening without interacting with your SO when you only have 3 free hours after work.

And nobody is talking about doing everything together - I know you're going to extremes and using words like clingy, attention, etc. because you're trying to prove a point.

Then...don't? Or, you know...don't do that every night? You're seriously telling me that you couldn't find a couple of hours a week to use a VR headset without ruining your relationship? You're making this out to be way more dramatic than it really is...

Pay $640 for a device that I'll use 2hr a week? Those VR games better be crappy because if they are any good 2hr in a week aren't enough.

Around the Network
nanarchy said:
No, VR still isn't quite baked yet, maybe in 5 years when we are a few more generations advanced and they have fixed resolution and FOV as well as worked more on eye strain issues. Also at that price I think it is going to struggle, many people struggle to afford a console let alone a $400 accessory.

+ the camera ;)

Aeolus451 said:
Lawlight said:

People already miss their partner while working. You spend most of your waking hours away at work, exercising, etc. and the little time that you have together you want to completely shut them out of your life? Imagine gaming for 2 hours in the evening without interacting with your SO when you only have 3 free hours after work.

And nobody is talking about doing everything together - I know you're going to extremes and using words like clingy, attention, etc. because you're trying to prove a point.

If I only have 5 hours in a day as free time then half will go to personal time and the other half goes to SO. I cut into my sleep time for sex. Sometimes, I'll have no alone time and other times, the SO gets virtually no time from me that particular day. It's situational on what to spend time on any given day but It's far more healthy for any couples' relationship to spend quality alone time apart. 

I don't think gaming should be what you do if you want quality alone time. Go to the gym, go for a swim, go get a massage - those are literally healthy. I mean 2.5H not speaking with your SO per day when you are together. What? Essentially, you're only having breakfast, dinner/cooking and sex together? Maybe you'll change your mind once you meet your SO :)

And not a good idea to cut on your sleep time.

Maybe in the future when there will be great bundles.

Lawlight said:

I don't think gaming should be what you do if you want quality alone time. Go to the gym, go for a swim, go get a massage - those are literally healthy. I mean 2.5H not speaking with your SO per day when you are together. What? Essentially, you're only having breakfast, dinner/cooking and sex together? Maybe you'll change your mind once you meet your SO :)

And not a good idea to cut on your sleep time.

Im glad that your 4328 posts since 19/02/13 here in Chartz have not affected your quality alone time with your SO.

Also, at this point you would have notice that you are indeed the minority here, apparently we have longer leashes around here and distribute our time more efficiently so we can enjoy games, one of our hobbies.

At the end of the day, it would be pretty pathetic to spend more time talking about games in forums than actually playing games on the real. With the respect of your SO if she/he is reading this, of course.

Areaz32 said:
SvennoJ said:

As long as it's projecting a 2D image.
With VR games you have the same vergence accomodation conflict as with 3D glasses. The stereo image tricks you into believing the object is closer than where it is projected, which causes eye strain as your eyes have to battle the urge to focus where your brain thinks the object is. Some safeguards may be in place to make objects fade out if you get too close.

But i thought that the image projection happens milimeters from your eyes no? Isn't the screen right ontop of you? Wouldn't it only be a problem if you literally put your face into it?

No, never looked through binoculars the wrong way? The optics make the screen appear far away (and much bigger), ie you're not focussing on the actual screen mm from your eyes, that's impossible. However the optics can only project the screen at a fixed distance, while stereoscopic 3D makes your brain believe objects are a different distances. It's the same as 3D cinema, screen is there far away, floaty objects come out to hover in front of you. 3D cinema has toned this down a lot to stop the eye strain from crap flying right in front of you, however when you're controlling the camera I imagine some safeguards need to be put in place for when you stick your head into things.