By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's been the best decade for gaming?

What has been the best decade for gaming?

70s! You 80s people don'... 0 0%

80s! Now you're playing ... 6 3.75%

90s! Now you're playing ... 95 59.38%

2000s! The decade of game... 48 30.00%

2010s! The decade of micr... 11 6.88%

Total:160

From the time when we played with white square dots, all the way to the #pcmasterrace showing us console "peasants" 4k CGI and whatever... But in all of this time, gaming has always been something we all cherished (I hope you realize I'm just stalling to the end ), its always been something we've bitterly fighted about, each spending our lives dedicated towards fighting for a side of the console war. Atari vs magnavox, Nintendo vs Sega, Nintendo vs Sony, Microsoft vs Sony, ect.

But this doesn't matter, because some years for gaming have been crap! I don't care if we have two crap console's against each other! So instead of fighting about what the best console is, we're here to decide which decade has been best to play. Is it the funky 70s? Is it the DLC/Microtransactions 2010s? I don't know what you think, but you do! 

As for me, well 2000s where the best, since it was the first decade I played with, and the 2010s so far have been crap...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

2000-2010

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
2000-2010

Added in a poll. Sorry it took me forever...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

90s. And there's no other answer for that question. We managed to cram 4th and 5th gen in, as well as little bits of 3rd and 6th too. And 4th and 5th are especially incredible generations, which are revolutionary in their own respects.

bet: lost

90's for PC
00's for Consoles

Best year is 1998
Best console is ps2

Around the Network

Nineties.
The decade of Ocarina of Time, Starcraft, Tiberian Sun, Age of Empires, Mario 64, Turok 2 and the good Sonic games.

Oh and some people had fun playing their Playstations.... I guess.

I LOVE ICELAND!

My favourite games are from the 2000s, so this is my vote. Rollecoaster Tycoon 3, Age of Empires III, Fallout 3, Pokémon Black & White.

90's for me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

90s and 00s I guess.

Super Nintendo + N64 are a true dream team. (Never had a PS1) During 6th gen the real battle was on with 4 consoles on the market and quite a good handful of exclusives to choose from. Then came Wii + PS3 with games like Super Mario Galaxy and Metal Gear Solid 4... yeah, definitely 90s and 00s.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

spurgeonryan said:

N64 and snes years and ps1. Great times! Dreamcast?

Never discount the Dream, Spurge.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!