By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's been the best decade for gaming?

What has been the best decade for gaming?

70s! You 80s people don'... 0 0%

80s! Now you're playing ... 6 3.75%

90s! Now you're playing ... 95 59.38%

2000s! The decade of game... 48 30.00%

2010s! The decade of micr... 11 6.88%

Total:160

For handhelds, I'd say 2010- 3DS/Vita are both the most fun handhelds we've ever had. 3DS also plays DS games.

For consoles, probably 90's.

PC? Can't say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

1985-1995, that still counts as a decade.

I will also say the 90's

The 2010's could pass it depending on these next 4 years but doubt it. Should pass the 2000's tho

[] [] [] {} [] 

Guess there are no 70s gamers here....

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I went with the 90s. Mostly leaning towards SNES for the first half and PS1 for second half of the decade. I also loved 6th gen, with the PS2 and all, but I couldn't really justify the whole decade. The SNES just had too many great old school RPGs and platformers.

Around the Network

90s by far.

SNES, Genesis, PS1, Saturn, N64.

far more iconic of a decade than any other and with arguably the most groundbreaking gaming hardware, accessories, and gameplay innovations.

I appreciate the 80s and 2000s as well but it would seem absurd from an objective standpoint ranking them up there with the 90s. You have to consider innovation, game libraries, variety of systems, etc.- nothing beats the 90s

a lot of reasons I think for that is the fact that gaming was actually EVOLVING in the 90s. huge progress was happening. arguably the second half of the 2000s and now into the 2010s thats happening less and less. everything is mostly the same but SLIGHTLY better

for me the best decade of gaming has to be full of not only quality but lots of innovation. innovation seems dead in a lot of industries these days; gaming, movies, etc...

I don't like your decades. I guess I am misaligned.

1995-2005.

2010s. I absolutely love micro transactions, online only boring shooters, endless buggy games, and unfinished products. THE BEST EVER!

The 90s

In fact I will elaborate a bit more.

1985-1995: NES and SNES, Genesis and Genesis, Gameboy and other small handhelds, Platformers, 2d
1995-2005: PS1 and PS2, N64 and Gamecube, Saturn and Dreamcast, Gameboy color and advance JRPG, 3d
2005-2015: 360 and Xbox 1. PS3 and PS4, Wii and Wii U, DS and 3DS, PSP and Vita, Motion gaming, gimmick, online, DLC

PS2 is more similar to PS1 then PS3 imo and all the other comparisons etc. etc. DS is more similar to 3DS then gameboy etc.

So that is why I say 1995-2005 :). The generations are too different in the traditional splitting of decades.